Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Monday night's BBC radar give Peterborough as the northerley point for snow, that puts me in St Ives very close to a snow no show!, If the low tracks farther south i've had it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Monday night's BBC radar give Peterborough as the northerley point for snow, that puts me in St Ives very close to a snow no show!, If the low tracks farther south i've had it.

Hopefully it wont go too far south, but this shows the massive differences. BBC and METO going for ppn no further north than peterborough with snow for many....GFS says rain and ppn much further north. Meto are doing the best they can in this situation, snow is always tricky to forecast...we wont know for sure till next week :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Maybe that's why we're all here - if it was all a dead cert it would't be so much fun :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

According to the GFS, BBC and METO both going for heavy snowfall as far south as London. Im siding with BBC and METO as I think this low has been progged too far north.

Posted

It will be the normal story over the low lands 20miles ish inland from the coast,rain!!!!,i am keeping an eye more on the winds in this area ,maybe gusting to 50mph from the north east on the back of that low :shok:

Posted

Wow, what a run. The cold is now extended to 10 days plus from today! It seems that every run changes from continuing cold to slightly less cold. I hope it's the cold continuation!

Posted
Wow, what a run. The cold is now extended to 10 days plus from today! It seems that every run changes from continuing cold to slightly less cold. I hope it's the cold continuation!

i think the channel low wont develop into anything major! every thing has been over hyped from bbc and the metoffice since mondays snow in the south east

Posted
i think the channel low wont develop into anything major! every thing has been over hyped from bbc and the metoffice since mondays snow in the south east

totally agree RAIN RAIN RAIN

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Even if the event brings sleet then rain, there is still the probability that the ppn will finally turn to snow as the low passes by to the east That is why there is an extensive warning for snow because the timing for everyone could be different according to the progress of the low.

Posted

Took a drive to Lakeside today, definitely some variations in snow.

Along the M20 up to junction 3 (M26, bottom of Wrotham Hill) it was completely green, but travelling just after junction 3 on the bottom slopes of Wrotham hill there was a nice covering, about 1cm. The peak of Wrotham Hill however had about an inch lying on all surfaces, the outside lane unused had a nice covering. And about an inch covering all along the M25 until Darenth interchange, about 1cm covering after that up to the Dartford Tolls.

Essex side of the Thames had far less snow, only a dusting in most places, nothing quite like the Kent side.

Posted
Even if the event brings sleet then rain, there is still the probability that the ppn will finally turn to snow as the low passes by to the east That is why there is an extensive warning for snow because the timing for everyone could be different according to the progress of the low.

surely south of london cant miss out again i have my fingers crossed!

Posted
Will skies clear tonight as temps dont seem like they are dropping very much?

1.9C and falling at a rate of -0.7C/hr here, despite the large cloud amounts :huh:

And who's stolen all our snow? Why those pesky Midlanders have, as the HD Sat Pic from 9am this morning reveals. unfortunately can't quite make out the variations of snow in Kent because the cloud took a long time to clear (just like the GFS predicted, unlike the BBC!)

post-8218-1234029050_thumb.jpg

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

those of us london southwards have been bruised from being just a little too warm on the last 2 snow events on thursday/friday. however its too early to write us off for monday night. lets just wait and see

Edited by danm

Posted
those of us london southwards have been bruised from being just a little too warm on the last 2 snow events on thursday/friday. however its too early to write us off for monday night. lets just wait and see

Lets just hope this channel low moves southwards as we approach monday night. IF it were to trach more southwards we could have a pasting!

Posted

Been lurking in the model thread this afternoon and there seems to be some excitement about Monday night.

I've been following the model thread for a while now and am starting to pick up a bit of knowledge but not enough so far!

Can anyone with some expertise fill me in please?

Thanks

Anita

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
And who's stolen all our snow? Why those pesky Midlanders have,

I never know wether North Oxford is midlands or South East ?

We still have loads , a bit of melting in the sun but apart from main roads its everywhere. Like living in a Alpine village at present :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
I never know wether North Oxford is midlands or South East ?

We still have loads , a bit of melting in the sun but apart from main roads its everywhere. Like living in a Alpine village at present :o

i think youre stuck in no mans land...

Posted

You got bruised? What about me?! I was 20 miles off the snow. We had rain all day on Thursday here and in Stevenage they had heavy snow, twas very painful!