Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Any reports from E.Kent/E.Sussex this morning, those ppn charts were pretty accurate re. the snow pepping up again and the main ppn has only just cleared the Kent coast in the last half hour. Would imagine Downs east of Canterbury have a nice covering and the hills around Dover/Folkestone must be pretty difficult this morning.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Hello guys. Im at sea level town centre 0.5 miles from coast and there is an icy dusting of snow. Up at Dover castle a quick recce showed around 2-3 cms of beautiful fresh snow. Fell beteen 2 and 6 am.

Posted

Several flakes of snow last night so I've been spoilt but its freezing, minus 1 at mo

Latest BBC forecast indicating Monday morning might be interesting. Inevitably I'll get rain, sleet at best but at least we are getting opportunities time after time

Posted
Any reports from E.Kent/E.Sussex this morning, those ppn charts were pretty accurate re. the snow pepping up again and the main ppn has only just cleared the Kent coast in the last half hour. Would imagine Downs east of Canterbury have a nice covering and the hills around Dover/Folkestone must be pretty difficult this morning.

Regards,

Tom.

here is a report from thanet and you guessed it.....rain during the night, no snow at all <_<

ps....temperature is +1c

Edited by PLANET THANET

Posted

The met office has a warning out for essex for a moderate risk of heavy snow on Monday.

Can anyone with some experience tell me if this is likely? Kind of lost faith in the bbc after this week, would certainly trust your opinions as opposed to theirs!

Thanks

Anita <_<

Posted

Nothing at all here in Eastbourne.

Whilst driving home from my parants in Godstone came across a few areas of heavy snow, best of them just outside crawley, but alas nothing at all here on the south coast.

Anyone any ideas if I can live in hope of anything for me in the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

Is that snow or did someone sneeze? Just the smallest of wafer thin coverings here this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I thought you guys in E.Kent would've had a bit more snow than that, perhaps it started as rain then and turned to snow later.

Regards,

Tom.

Morning charlton n-d, I see your lurking.

Hows my favourite part of the Kentish Alps looking this morning. :)

Regards,

Tom

Posted
Nothing at all here in Eastbourne.

Whilst driving home from my parents in Godstone came across a few areas of heavy snow, best of them just outside Crawley, but alas nothing at all here on the south coast.

Only the merest light dusting of snow grains in Friday Street and overnight temperatures weren't dramatically low only falling to 0.1 DgC (the lowest) at the moment. I'm not surprised at the snow no-show, but where were the -4.0 and - 5.0 DgC temps then?

Anyone any ideas if I can live in hope of anything for me in the next few days.

Only if you're watching Dancing On Ice on Sunday :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

I can't see any predictions for snow this morning in this area, however, after a sunny start the sky now looks full of it? Any ideas? :)

sarah

Posted
I can't see any predictions for snow this morning in this area, however, after a sunny start the sky now looks full of it? Any ideas? :)

sarah

The last of the cloud is still to clear Kent. Its been slower than expected, which prevented a frost in the far southeast. No precipitation over land now though, its all over the Dover Straits.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Very happy with the fresh 3cms of snow here, off for a bumpy sled ride with my kids!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
The last of the cloud is still to clear Kent. Its been slower than expected, which prevented a frost in the far southeast. No precipitation over land now though, its all over the Dover Straits.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Many thanks Paul!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

report from se corner of northdowns 120asl, woke up to snow - and several missed calls at 2am advising me off a blizzard! we have a covering, hills look lovely - but not as much as we had sunday gone. i say about 1-2 cm, as the deeper areas appear to have drifted, we have strong gusts last night!

Posted

I'm watching the showers coming down the east coast...maybe they will bring some snow to Norfolk and parts of Suffolk later today...

Edited by Paul B

Posted
report from se corner of northdowns 120asl, woke up to snow - and several missed calls at 2am advising me off a blizzard! we have a covering, hills look lovely - but not as much as we had sunday gone. i say about 1-2 cm, as the deeper areas appear to have drifted, we have strong gusts last night!

very pleased for you sarah, round the corner from you in thanet we have nothing, such is life :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

thanks, that was a reason why i wanted to move inland. but still feel gutted we didnt have a huge amouints of snow that some people had ... that would of been great!

Posted

Morining fellow snow watchers. To be honest i think its all over now for the south east. If u look at the 850 temp charts u can see its gonna get milder tommorrow with the low thats coming in, therefore any precip will be rain. This will again be the case for monday and tuesday. If you look at meto and bbc they are not forcasting snow. News24 said maybe wet snow mixed with rain. I would expect the warning for monday to be removed soon. :o