Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Folks are getting excited on the 'main' model threat about the potential for snow next week*

* Naturally this will be everywhere except SE Essex

Posted
Folks are getting excited on the 'main' model threat about the potential for snow next week*

* Naturally this will be everywhere except SE Essex

And SE kent!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Posted
or we all go on holiday to the midlands

Trust me, if it was half term next week instead of the week after I'd be there!

Then again, knowing my luck, it would then snow here!

Posted

I love snow but my sister hates it she lives in Milton keynes and got 6 inches in two days I however got 2cms. Oh the irony of it!!

Posted
On their latest forecast, the BBC (or was it ITV?) said that there was 'a chance of a few snow flurries' on Monday night/Tuesday for East Anglia. Has the snow forecast been severely downgraded, or am I missing something? :huh:

Dont ask me I have given up with all of the forcasts, I am in NOWCAST mode. If its wet when I put my head out of the window then it is either raining or snowing. Thats the best I can do!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
On their latest forecast, the BBC (or was it ITV?) said that there was 'a chance of a few snow flurries' on Monday night/Tuesday for East Anglia. Has the snow forecast been severely downgraded, or am I missing something? :wacko:

Going by what I have learnt from the model discussions - and believe me I am a novice (!) - it would appear that things may have changed somewhat! We in the south east will most likely be getting rain now, soooo much rain that I would batten down the hatches and get the sandbags out!!!

But... saying that it has been said so many times that nothing can be wholly predicted right now, which is why it should be a really good time to... watch this space... :wacko:

Posted

Essex..the new land of no snow! - almost guarantee that somewhere in the midlands (probably the places that all ready had a dumping will get pasted). This winter will be remembered by being ' a rizla's papers width close but no cigar' whilst other winters have just been no where near close!

Posted
Sadly probably yes, I presume 8/10 times the two of us have similar weather

Looks like we are now going to miss out on this next event aswell!!Oh well still got rest of feb and all of march to worry and fret over!! Its worse than having kids!!!! :wacko: :wacko:

Posted

Hate to put too much of a dampner on the mood in here but the models always progged any snow to the south of london very unlikely especially on sunday, there is a chance of some back edge snow as the channel low clears away on tuesday evening.its Beyond that is where the real interest lies for the southeast with winds progged to back northerly on wednesday and then northeasterly towards the weekend with a weather front stalling along the spine of the country with cold air from the east trying to push it backwards. This is of course 6 days away with the usual subject to change caveat but the evolution really is quite probable. So the key is dont expect much between now and thursday friday onwards could be very interesting

Posted
Hate to put too much of a dampner on the mood in here but the models always progged any snow to the south of london very unlikely especially on sunday, there is a chance of some back edge snow as the channel low clears away on tuesday evening.its Beyond that is where the real interest lies for the southeast with winds progged to back northerly on wednesday and then northeasterly towards the weekend with a weather front stalling along the spine of the country with cold air from the east trying to push it backwards. This is of course 6 days away with the usual subject to change caveat but the evolution really is quite probable. So the key is dont expect much between now and thursday friday onwards could be very interesting

So there is still some hope then?

Although we've been told there's hope probably 3 times this week and nothings happened!!

Even so, I will be keeping everything crossed!

you are kidding right ?

Chelmsford = Essex = lying snow (still) from Monday (patches left)

proper cover of decent snow Monday-Wednesday last week

snow-packed roads Monday-Thursday

snowless - not this part of Essex !!

Essex..the new land of no snow! - almost guarantee that somewhere in the midlands (probably the places that all ready had a dumping will get pasted). This winter will be remembered by being ' a rizla's papers width close but no cigar' whilst other winters have just been no where near close!

Posted
you are kidding right ?

Chelmsford = Essex = lying snow (still) from Monday (patches left)

proper cover of decent snow Monday-Wednesday last week

snow-packed roads Monday-Thursday

snowless - not this part of Essex !!

Jump in your car and head 15 miles South down the A130 and its a completely different story.

This highlights exactly why we are so miffed in this part of Essex!

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

We are not going to see snow on Monday and i am happy about it for now. I would love to see it but even when we get wonderful winter synoptics we still miss out. So i have to try and look on the bright side of this situation.

If and when we do get some more snow at least we will still have salt to put on our roads. My son will be able to go to school and i will be able to get on with my work trying to keep my company from going under in the recession.

We will be the winners for all those spanish plumes of hot air coming from the south in the summer with the chance if it gets warm of seeing some good storms.

Good luck to all those away from the SE with their snow. :wacko: :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I really believe that the BBC don't have a clue as to what's happening on Monday night - the ppn and snow line has changed YET AGAIN, it now shows London getting snow and all areas to the North getting rain, I can't see it happening that way

Posted
I really believe that the BBC don't have a clue as to what's happening on Monday night - the ppn and snow line has changed YET AGAIN, it now shows London getting snow and all areas to the North getting rain, I can't see it happening that way

What about all areas south, such as Brighton...! I suppose the answer doesn't matter though because I am thinking that nobody know for sure right now.. :wacko:

Posted

Well it ties in with a whisper from another forum, that the low is now tracking further south (GFS 18z Parallel I think) and diving into Belgium!

If so then game on for us.... I think!

:wacko:

Posted
Well it ties in with a whisper from another forum, that the low is now tracking further south (GFS 18z Parallel I think) and diving into Belgium!

:doh:

I love all this uncertainty.. it literally changes on an hour by hour basis...! It is nearly as exciting as 'the event' itself... nearly :winky:

Posted

:winky:

Stop it.... you're teasing now! Although..... where is this forum!!! :doh: