Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Temp here has shot up from -2.3C at 8am to 0.8C now, hopefully it will level out there!

Posted

Countryfile showing apocalypse for my area tomorrow, much of Wales too though western and southern coasts could see mainly rain and north Wales mainly dry. I so hope they are right!

Posted

Don't forget that the last low was progged to be further north and in reality it was further south, leaving Dartmoor, North Devon and above in some lovely snow, I have some confidence in that happening again possibly...

Still a good 2inches covering in my garden, and the higher routes and fields looking towards tycoch, some snow still there, a wintry mix of rain,sleet and snow falling now

A mix of sleet and snow here, slightly heavier for the time being, clearing slowing thinning the snow cover.

Posted
Don't forget that the last low was progged to be further north and in reality it was further south, leaving Dartmoor, North Devon and above in some lovely snow, I have some confidence in that happening again possibly...

Yep, not trying to be biased but I think the same is going to happen again. Downgrades for the north, upgrades for the south, either way Im not really bothered. 3 days of snow is fine by me, 4 would be nice though.

Posted

H Matt.. Thanks for the mention :cold: ... But in truth its not the snow im worried about its the strength of the winds mon into tue, I can see the wind is going to be a major talking point over the next few days.. Add snow into the mix then we have some very potent blizzards now take away the snow and add rain then we are looking at flooding. What ever happends regarding the type of PPN we are looking at a very exciting few days. Thoughts please :doh:

lol kaz x

Posted

Totally agree, although if the low stays as progged its likely to be northern France that sees the worst of the winds, but we shall see. The flooding could be a major issue when all this melts on Dartmoor and combined with any significant rain it could lead to some problems. But, cross that bridge when we come to it eh.

I'm going for a play in the snow now before it all goes... and see if there is anyway of getting the car up the lane.

Heres hoping the granite is a bit softer today! (just who did think it would be a good idea to make the hedges of granite with bushes on top to just hide the rocks?)

Posted

PPN has sudddenly pepped up so has the cloud here and starting to snow too,2.7c max now 2.3c but still very little thawing due to no wind.

France are really heading for another severe battering,storm force winds,with blizzards and gales for this county fantastic.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
Surely though, we're not going to be seeing lying snow - all this snow is meant to fall AFTER 25-35mm rain......

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/...t_warnings.html

IF the temp dropped enough then the snow would readily settle, even on wet ground (more so on trees, grass, etc). I think it's best to wait and see.

Posted
IF the temp dropped enough then the snow would readily settle, even on wet ground (more so on trees, grass, etc). I think it's best to wait and see.

where are you in the world,pop your location in your aveter please :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Temp here is a rather balmy 3.8C :D With a dew point of 1C.

I can't see it snowing again, even if we do still have 2 inches of snow on the ground.

Temperature is 4.3 and it is snowing heavy! what the hell is going on?

Posted
How rare! Well I suppose there's still hope then :spiteful: Go on then snow, why not.

Temp was 4.5 but now it seems to be falling as it snows. temp down to 3.9.

Posted

for all central/Southern

Outbreaks of rain will be persistent and at times heavy. Accumulations of 25 to 35mm are expected. Combining this with melting snow, this may lead to localised flooding.

Rain turning to snow in many places will give

Issued at: 1225 Sun 8 Feb

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Well after seeing the forcasts this morning flooding is gonna be a real possibility in parts of the south next week, coupled with snow melt this is gonna go from one extreme to the other in a space of a week, added to the threat of heavy snow for the south it all makes for a topsy turvy week of weather watching. :lol:

Anyone in the vacinity been up CH today, I have real proper compacted snow now after a few nights hard frost and add to that snow drifts to which the like I've not seen in a while were talking in excess of 3ft here. :lol:

sledgers dog walkers even snow boarders the lot and and the dog really enjoying himself

made for an eventful hour or so :spiteful:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
Temp was 4.5 but now it seems to be falling as it snows. temp down to 3.9.

what the hell, i only live up the road from you and i was expecting rain, what is going on :D

Posted
what the hell, i only live up the road from you and i was expecting rain, what is going on :D

temp has falledn again now its down to 3.7c still pure snow

Posted
snow for here today :D

And Armageddon tomorrow....Louise said this is a nasty Snow Storm tom

I thought we were forcast rain for later on tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
temp has falledn again now its down to 3.7c still pure snow

temps here are falling little by little after a peak of 4.4c

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

1.6c snowing heavy but not sticking, infact its melting the snow we have on the ground quicker