Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted

Took this pic about 20 mins ago and this was the covering we had from about 15-20mins of snow, it looks like it is turning to sleet now

post-5805-1234129098_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Well done Seasons, your optimism of the last few days has certainly repaid you there. Love them big fat flakes best of all! :D

Thanks mate :) Certainly were the biggest, fluffiest flakes I've seen for years.

Not surprising with those bright echoes TEITS, if only the rest of Suffolks snow would fall here. Seasons, how long was it raining before it turned for you?

It was raining/drizzling for an hour before the snow set in. Incredible though to think only 17 miles south of here (Braintree) it's been raining hard. Even Cambridge hasn't seen much snow :) Maybe temperature's are a little higher there being Urban and all that :)

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I'm not sure we normally get one good snowstorm a year, usually from the east but that completely missed us this year :D West Suffolk been doing well lately!

Ta Seasons, we are the same level as you but alot nearer the coast, so guess thats why...actually got moderate rain now, doesnt even seem sleety...so not looking good I fear. Who knows tho, heaviest ppn aint here yet...but sort of given up. Maybe tomorrow?

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Button up,& Essex coast matt

what do you think of our chances here of seeing any laying snow here this year ??

Posted

We have had very heavy snow here but my dad in Chelmsford says no snow there. Looks like its going to freeze hard now.

Posted

Ooh Seasons had rain, then rain with big flakes, then snow. So looks good for you. Maybe same will happen here :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
We have had very heavy snow here but my dad in Chelmsford says no snow there. Looks like its going to freeze hard now.

Nothing but rain here for a few hours now.

Posted
I'm not sure we normally get one good snowstorm a year, usually from the east but that completely missed us this year :shok: West Suffolk been doing well lately!

Ta Seasons, we are the same level as you but alot nearer the coast, so guess thats why...actually got moderate rain now, doesnt even seem sleety...so not looking good I fear. Who knows tho, heaviest ppn aint here yet...but sort of given up. Maybe tomorrow?

Ah well rain it will be here then! And more rain tomorrow night. A very disappointing winter here.

Posted

more flakes

(can't believe I am getting excited about a handful of snowflakes - just shows how snow starved we are in the "real" South East)

Posted
Button up,& Essex coast matt

what do you think of our chances here of seeing any laying snow here this year ??

dont think 2nite, small chance 2mo on the back of that low, maybe a better chance of some snow laying from showers later in week ,u never know lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Im not suicidal either,just frustrated that Newmarket and Haverhill have it again, and we dont again. For now. ALtho many places reported rain/sleet at first.

Newmarket and Haverhill (I'm kinda in between them) are high up for Suffolk (and Norfolk too) my location's 110m asl.

Any elevation makes a big difference, especially for marginal occasions, for obvious reasons — you are a bit nearer to where the snowflakes come from :shok: I really hope it doesn't get washed away tomorrow and the channel low's errr, lower.

post-8078-1234129824_thumb.jpg

Posted

Wow that is heavy snow! Sudbury getting in on the act too now... but you are right , low elevation here, always gonna improve your chances there! Frustrating tho :D

Just seen the first few big flakes of snow come down in the rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Have you noticed how quiet Biggin Hill is :whistling: ....... we have rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Big sploges on the windscreen here in Iwade on my way home just now. Ironically it was drizzling and around 1.5c on top of the Downs and here at 2.5c and nearly at sea level I find sleet!!

Obviously the heavier precipitation is dragging down colder air and a bit of evapourative cooling going on.

James

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
LOADS of big flakes now....this is about to turn to heavy snow !! Yay :whistling:

Nice one for you... :lol: You said earlier that it would be a few hours before you see some - hope it lays lots :)