Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted

Does appear like the front is making no major northwards progress right now and given the heavier pluse seems to be a little further south where it was expected it does suggest things are a little further south then was predicted. Not going to make a difference for where I am but for those places north of London it does make a difference, possibly quite a few hours difference.

Very wet day in the south, as I said in the CS thread some places upto 20-25mm already with a good 6hrs of rainfall yet including a heavy pluse working its way ENE.

Posted
Is there a Praying Smiley!! D

Yes but being an Orthodox snow worshipper from the Church of St Nicholas, I get to use it first! praygr.gif

Edited by Coast

Damn :)

I think you might be right about the Northern Extent Steve, It has ground to a Halt in a Line from Suffolk across to Cardiff, If anything the Heavier stuff is moving Directly East, Maybe as you say things could get Interesting after Midnight for the E & SE once that Northerly Gale Sets In as the Low exits the Dover Straights, Need the Cold Air to keep diving South for the next 8 hours - Is there a Praying Smiley!! :)

Paul S

High wycombe whilst its HIGH in terms of elevation is a long way 'SOUTH' for sleet to be visible at this stage of the game-

post-1235-1234196164.jpg

Guys look at the undercut at 144 on the GFS-

S

Posted

High wycombe whilst its HIGH in terms of elevation is a long way 'SOUTH' for sleet to be visible at this stage of the game-

post-1235-1234196164.jpg

S

Yes looks like the 12z GFS is coming into line with its ensembles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Ohhhhhhh :)

Is there ANY chance for us on the coast - any at all...?

This is such good news for everyone on this thread - I don't hold out much hope for me here in Brighton but I hope further inland South gets to see some snow.. especially those who haven't yet... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

post-1235-1234196164.jpg

S

About 40 miles north of High Wycombe 3.5c here so I guess just possible for sleet at around 400/500ft plus down there ?

Yes looks like the 12z GFS is coming into line with its ensembles.

If the 12z comes off I will be a monkeys Uncle- But a Monkeys Uncle- in deep snow

Looks like a Thames snow streamer setting up at 162 & 168- thats the East essex posse doomed then-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

post-1235-1234196164.jpg

S

Do you have a patent on the pray smiley or can anyone use it? :) Well if that undercut happens then its great for the se and will make the recent cold spell seem pretty average!

Posted

I was thinking the same thing here a few minutes ago. would this be due to the thin wedge of of -3 850Hpa air that is over us on the 12z run? I note it gets shunted out of the way by 6pm

Posted
Slim my son. We can all hope but tbh, coastal areas will just be rain

Arrows

Romford is 20+ miles from the nearest Coast?

Andy

Edited by andyw111

Posted

If the 12z comes off I will be a monkeys Uncle- But a Monkeys Uncle- in deep snow

Looks like a Thames snow streamer setting up at 162 & 168- thats the East essex posse doomed then-

S

Subtle Differences though Steve, Much Better Cold Pooling for longer and 3 Factors went against us last week which I will post up this evening.

All looking good beyond the Weekend!

Paul S

Subtle Differences though Steve, Much Better Cold Pooling for longer and 3 Factors went against us last week which I will post up this evening.

Paul S

Yes Only joking Paul-

Note this is the true 1985 run with the trivial persuits 'wedge' shape high setting up over Iceland-

S

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Paul S

Paul any chance of pming when your thoughts are up? , would love to know why it failed so badly for our part of kent with that streamer. :lol:

Posted
I was thinking the same thing here a few minutes ago. would this be due to the thin wedge of of -3 850Hpa air that is over us on the 12z run? I note it gets shunted out of the way by 6pm

It might be - I have a bit of elevation (at the council offices) - we shall see!

Posted

Cold Air still Winning the Battle

Latest 16z Obs

Southend 4c/3c

Biggin 3c/1c

Luton 2c/2c

Stanstead 3c/2c

Come On Cold Air :(

Paul S

*Neil, Will be able to post the Full thread this Evening when I get back from Work*

As It is a Large Post keep getting Interrupted at work so will dedicate about an hour to it from 9-10pm tonight