Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
but if you look at the latest pic, it still retains its eye and looks pretty solid to me, with a gradual movement se..but you could be right.

Well it's only a guess really, I'm still learning so I may talk rubbish occasionally :lol:

Posted

its got some nice streamers coming off it too..big old white clouds been watching them since they came of the system nw of NI bigger clouds.

1am in now, and we have some very strong rotation, and movement se, still has a very noticeable eye, not seeing any break up, there is movement south east, looks like its getting a move on before the approaching fronts..wont hold my breath yet though..it needs to really get a move on

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

if it carries on this movement se, a line from east coast of NI , SW Scot, NW eng Cumbria,over the pennines to East Angia, or it could break up into showers interesting to watch over last few hours and the next few hours but i will be asleep by then!

its got some nice streamers coming off it too..big old white clouds been watching them since they came of the system nw of NI bigger clouds.

streamers showing the circulation of well hope it continues

Edited by james12

Posted
if it carries on this movement se, a line from east coast of NI , SW Scot, NW eng Cumbria,over the pennines to East Angia, or it could break up into showers interesting to watch over last few hours and the next few hours but i will be asleep by then!

streamers showing the circulation of well hope it continues

temps here are finally dropping off, dew point on marginal -0.7C inc snow and rain showers in ireland moving westwards ahead of a front.

be lovely if it made it to the irish sea...but i think if it makes nw scotland, i think its pretty safe to say its fantasy island until it actually gets within striking distance of the uk, no matter, it will die the moment it touches land so it would only be showers anyways i still think it may well break up, before it reaches here due to the 2 lp to the west of it causing it a loss of convection..well its looking a lot better than it did in previous passes, still moving south and i am concerned about how slow that thing is moving tbh

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

What are the LP's you were talking about on satallite ? , just lookin at the sat now and it shows what looks like 2 tiny lp's spinning to the north west of scotland, one seems stationary and spiraling and the second one moving SE towards it and starting to suck cloud up from the the first.

Anyways it appears that where I live had snizzly sleet though the night that accumilated to depth of around 5mm lol , well enough to cover the roads etc slightly and dust the original cover from last monday however less than mile down the road it stayed as mainly rain melting alot of the snow. Very borderline conditions for snow overall here lastnight .. the precip was certainly there though which would of provided decent accumilations. So I dont understand if it was borderline here how the heck did the colder air etc bypass us giving heavy snow down south ?, I would have though it should have stayed sleety down there at best.

What a strange event.

Posted

Had an extra 2cm cover last night from the northern edge of the storm, which just about brushed this area last night, the heavier stuff was much further south over the midlands & SE Wales. Not to complain though, its been snow bound here now for over a week, which in modern times is unheard of!! Took some pics this am, just back from a walk

post-3616-1234254402_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1234254418_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1234254433_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Had nothing but rain here overnight despite the cold temperatures, I am interested in Scotland, Yet again the dipped below minus 15c there may be power outs there.

Posted

Nothing of any note here overnight. A little frosty this morning that's all. Looks as if we are in for a nice day here, one or two clouds building up over the hills in the lakes, but otherwise its a lovely day - if we can't have snow this is the kind of winter day i enjoy best clear and cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Re: Polar Low. It has well at truly disintegrated now to the point where its unrecognisable as it's former self. Polar lows are rare because before hand they need WAA to warm a sea surface up followed by a very deep trough of cold northerly air.

Very fussy on synoptic conditions are Polar Lows.

Anyhow nothing on the way it seems. Apart from a few mixed wintry showers I think that's it for at least the next week regarding snow. Unless the models want to change the outlook again.

Posted
Had nothing but rain here overnight despite the cold temperatures, I am interested in Scotland, Yet again the dipped below minus 15c there may be power outs there.

Yes, quite absurd lows over the snowfields. The next few nights appear to offer lows of similar temp, possible -f on the cards??

Posted
Yes, quite absurd lows over the snowfields. The next few nights appear to offer lows of similar temp, possible -f on the cards??

Not sure, All i know is we wont get below minus 2 any nights, the bbc are always way out, they said minus 5c the other night, We got a minus 0.8c. I think we have had our snow now (even though it lasted 8 hours the rained :( ) I don't think we will see much more in February.

Let me add to that, Heres an example of the Bbc's stupidity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3077 look there, Aviemore should get no lower than minus 8. They got a bloody minus 15c for crying out loud.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

It's rediculous of how bad they can screw up!.!

Heres another example, this time for my home town

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?id=3854 it should be 4c at present.

It has just reached 2.2c

And where are they getting the hail and sleet from?

Theres nothing on the way!

Posted
To rule out the whole of febuary at this stage, is just silly. Alot can and will happen.

Yeah thats true, But it's rare we get snow around here.

Not sure, All i know is we wont get below minus 2 any nights, the bbc are always way out, they said minus 5c the other night, We got a minus 0.8c. I think we have had our snow now (even though it lasted 8 hours the rained :( ) I don't think we will see much more in February.

Let me add to that, Heres an example of the Bbc's stupidity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3077 look there, Aviemore should get no lower than minus 8. They got a bloody minus 15c for crying out loud.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

It's rediculous of how bad they can screw up!.!

Heres another example, this time for my home town

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?id=3854 it should be 4c at present.

It has just reached 2.2c

And where are they getting the hail and sleet from?

Theres nothing on the way!

It's because they don't like you!

Posted
It's because they don't like you!

Cheers >.<

Itv weather said snow forecast for tonight :(

Guys, tell you what, if it snows here, i will personaly pay a fiver to every person who reads this post :(

Posted

:lol: good morning...what a beautiful winters days...great sunshine its cracking the flags...Mr SP...when will the springtime arrive.Think Im done with the snow.I want to start my gardening?.There wont be anymore snow for Wirral will there?

or does ANYONE ELSE KNOW???

Edited by louloulou1964

Posted
:p good morning...what a beautiful winters days...great sunshine its cracking the flags...Mr SP...when will the springtime arrive.Think Im done with the snow.I want to start my gardening?.There wont be anymore snow for Wirral will there?

or does ANYONE ELSE KNOW???

Oh yes, Winter aint done with us yet :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just to through this in the mix

Weather Online going for Snow in NW England Tonight

Cannot see any evidence what so ever to Support this

Or am i Missing something LoL