Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
EDIT: haha just read the morisons thing.. no milk or bread in spar ... really in this day and age i think you have more panic buy options people LIKE CARRROTS ;]

You would have thought that! I'm sure people can survive a couple of days without bread or milk. Surely they have lots more food in their cupboards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
You would have thought that! I'm sure people can survive a couple of days without bread or milk. Surely they have lots more food in their cupboards.

We ran out of bread and milk... which admittedly a nuisance wasn't really life threatening... part-baked rolls all the way! haha :huh:

Posted

Well its looking as cold as it was before- transition time a little later on-?- the SE has a window of midnight till 6am, so I guess maybe 10-4am-

Obviously these are estimates-

Keep an eye on thye PPN though, its still not going as for North as some would like, remember there will be an inflection point- where it starts pulling SE-

S

I guess this means that if it's basically ground to a halt thru the south midlands at present it'll start moving S.E. before the real heavy stuff turns to snow. I would think that central southern england may do better out of this situ, like Wiltshire, Bucks, Bedfordshire, North Hants and into London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

SM - thanks, I will remain optimistic then :-) Steady rain at the moment

Posted
it might be snowing on the Cotsworlds from here it looks like white mist.

heavy rain here...temp 4.2 falling

edit 4.1

still moderate rain/sleet here current temp 4c, I reckon we wont see our snow until after 7pm the temp is in no hurry to fall yet although definate chill in the air :huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
it might be snowing on the Cotsworlds from here it looks like white mist.

heavy rain here...temp 4.2 falling

edit 4.1

steady sleet here now. i checked the window of a car and can confirm in low level bristol (whitchurch) it is sleet! :huh:

Posted

The ponds in teh garden are this grey, slushy sort of colour with loads of snow floating in them and partially frozen, looks really weird! But yes, like a slush puppy... now, where did I put that vodka...

Posted
steady sleet here now. i checked the window of a car and can confirm in low level bristol (whitchurch) it is sleet! :huh:

What's that telling us about the movement of the cold air then, i wonder? Still heavy rain here in north BTL; no sign of any sleety mix yet.

If this front has ground to a halt will we miss the white stuff, later?!

Posted

im hoping as warm meets cold then we might get a few t-storms coming out of this lot.

Still heavy rain here temps 5c although it feels allot colder. winds 18/29mph E so nothing yet ..

Kaz

Posted
The ponds in teh garden are this grey, slushy sort of colour with loads of snow floating in them and partially frozen, looks really weird! But yes, like a slush puppy... now, where did I put that vodka...

Good idea Matt, unfortunately I have work in an hour :) My hopes are fading of an early finish like last monday night :) Must say the snow mixed in with this rain looks pretty impressive....if it all turned to snow soon then there may be a glimmer of light lol :)

Posted
Good idea Matt, unfortunately I have work in an hour :) My hopes are fading of an early finish like last monday night :) Must say the snow mixed in with this rain looks pretty impressive....if it all turned to snow soon then there may be a glimmer of light lol :)

No chance, looks like your going to have to earn your money today! haha... kidding of course!

it does remind me of the time in dar es Salam, vodka slushies in the pool... tough life... (thats the vodka that reminds me, not the snow freezing temperatures - it was about 45C and 100% humidity)

Posted

Temperature is falling rapidly here, 2.5c now and I think it's beginning to turn sleety.

Posted
No chance, looks like your going to have to earn your money today! haha... kidding of course!

it does remind me of the time in dar es Salam, vodka slushies in the pool... tough life... (thats the vodka that reminds me, not the snow freezing temperatures - it was about 45C and 100% humidity)

:) I always earn my money I'll have you know hehehe...Do I take an umbrella or skis??? hmmmmmmmm

Posted
:) I always earn my money I'll have you know hehehe...Do I take an umbrella or skis??? hmmmmmmmm

Both, would make a good picture!! haha