Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Heavy rain 3c, on the borderline of rain turning to snow sort of weather

Posted
Ilminster Update: I can confirm a continuation of Light Drizzle.

:)

I can also confirm a continuation of rain here, though it looks like it may turn sleety soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
2.2c here with a dew of 2c. Going the right way at least. :lol: - My geography teacher said we will get blizzards tonight... not trusting her though after last week she said we would get no snow and we got quite a bit! :lol:

Why is that not suprising! haha

I'm sure there was the saying... "if you can't do it, teach it"

Posted
Heavy rain 3c, on the borderline of rain turning to snow sort of weather

Same here, one minute it looks like it's raining then when I look again it looks like it's snowing.....and yes Matt I know sleet is a mixture of the two lol :lol:

Posted

Still srain here in the Amman Valey and not Windy at all, Maybe this is the sorta calm before the storm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

well its sleeting in bristol with mixed flakes in the heavier bursts although i am quite sure now that when i get home back into mendipd at half 5 it will be of snow if not already up there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

phew *wipes sweat off face*

My dad broke the internet trying to fix the internet on his computer and the router was asking for passwords and ip address' and all that jazz..

I've fixed it now and told him off, he should no he hasn't a clue what he was doing.

For a moment I thought I would have to resort to old fashion methods of finding the weather but fortunately there was not cows or spider webs in the vicinity.

I think my rain maybe trying to turning to sleet something is bouncing off the windowsill...

p.s I wonder when jay clocks in?

Edited by Tommypoo

Posted
Same here, one minute it looks like it's raining then when I look again it looks like it's snowing.....and yes Matt I know sleet is a mixture of the two lol :lol:

That depends on where in the world you are... some define sleet as "frozen raindrops that bounce on impact with the ground" - apparently.. and yes, I was bored enough to go and look that up :lol:

Posted
That depends on where in the world you are... some define sleet as "frozen raindrops that bounce on impact with the ground" - apparently.. and yes, I was bored enough to go and look that up :lol:

LMAO well I'm British and define it as a mixture of the two smarty pants :lol:

Posted

Been raining all bloody day here in Bridgend, looking a bit of sleet now, or more icy rain.

What are the chances of getting a covering with the ground being saturated with all this rain? Given that it does snow that is.

Posted
LMAO well I'm British and define it as a mixture of the two smarty pants :lol:

Thats OK, Princeton define it the same way, or rather, "partially melted snow" ... taxi!

Posted

Starting to sleet here and the temp is 2.1c. The edge of the Cotswolds to my East is going "fuzzy" which usually means snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

Heavy snow now in Brynmawr, here is the latest shot from the Heads of the Valleys Highest point.

Driving home soon from Swansea, should be fun. post-1201-1234197523_thumb.jpg

Posted

The Bristol reports are interesting as it's not due to change to snow there until midnight but with temperatures of only 1C there seems to be a very cold undercut there, indicating maybe 3 hrs or so more snow than though originally.

Posted

here

sleet, precipitation of small, partially melted grains of ice. As raindrops fall from clouds, they pass through layers of air at different temperatures. If they pass through a layer with a temperature below the freezing point, they turn into sleet. Snowflakes that have melted by passing through a warm layer will turn into sleet if they then pass through a freezing layer. Sleet often falls together with snow and rain, and may deposit an icy coating on exposed surfaces. Sleet occurs only during the winter, while hail, a different form of icy precipitation, may fall at any time of the year.

Posted

Watching rain turn to snow in daylight is good fun, unfortunately it'll be dark and lamp post watching will be the order of the evening.

Curtains, they will be a twitching tonight :lol: .

Quite surprised that it's 4c ish around Cheltenham/Gloucester and down to 2.2c here, thought it's be lower there but maybe cos we've had heavier rain to drag it down.

Posted
Been raining all bloody day here in Bridgend, looking a bit of sleet now, or more icy rain.

What are the chances of getting a covering with the ground being saturated with all this rain? Given that it does snow that is.

Much colder here now. Depends really on how much falls and how quickly. If it's heavy it will settle.

Posted

My car stat was reading around 3.5 for lowland Swansea ,and about 2.5 for the top of Tycoch mountain !

Not the most accurate thing but give or take 0.5 either way and its about right.

Wind light but gradually picking up, rain was light/moderate is now light.

Cant be far off sleet another hour perhaps, then hopefully ...........

What are the latest precipitation charts for Swansea looking like anyone?? for later on that is??

Just heard Derek Brockway ? im sure that his name anyway , on radio wales mention that maybe the "winter storm" quote was a little over the top.

Having been caught with their pants down a few times last week , i think perhaps, most forecasts are tending to be overly cautious now.

Posted
Heavy snow now in Brynmawr, here is the latest shot from the Heads of the Valleys Highest point.

Driving home soon from Swansea, should be fun. post-1201-1234197523_thumb.jpg

Not far away :(