Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March CET

Posted

7.1C for me please. 0.8C above average.

I cant see any potent cold, though I suspect there will be a short cold snap at some point, along with a warmer spell later in the month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Late but been busy at work. March to come in like a lion and leave like a lamb. Cold conditions notably mid section and a blocked but cool pattern latter 3rd so i will go for 5.6c

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

6.5c for me pls

Posted

I think 5.8C. I hope this cooler weather thats forecasts lasts for a bit-im still pining for winter even though i have been spoilt rotten this winter!

Posted

Both Climate UK (Manley) and Hadley have the first four days of this month coming in at 5.7C.

Posted

A question for Kevin Bradshaw?

As it is spring, most spring months usually have a warmer second half than the first half. I would be grateful if you could list the years since World War 2 where March had a colder second half than the first half?

To my knowledge, these were relatively common in the 1970s and 1980s, but we have had relatively few since.

Last year was the first since 2000 I believe, then before that I believe was 1985 and 1984.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

CET 5.0C according to Philip Eden- fractionally below average. As might be expected for such a "polar maritime" start to a month, rainfall and sunshine are both showing as well above average.

Surprising though that the CET is close to average despite the fact that it got cold enough for lying snow at Exeter.

The CET should stay close to average until early next week when it will begin to rise. If the ECMWF and GFS ensembles are to be believed, though, we probably won't get above the mid to high 6s before a northerly spell arrives and knocks it below average again.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Can we have a CET update please??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Close to average so far, Manley on 5.5, Hadley 5.3.

Posted

Unlike recent months, CET watching this month is very dull indeed, with no extremes at all so far.. already noticed how few threads there on this subject compared to dec, jan and feb which all saw those very cold starts

Posted

Roughly a third of the month through and here are the stats from Climate UK (Manley)

CET: (Mar 1-10): 5.8°C (+0.2 degC)

E&W Rain: (Mar 1-10): 31.3mm (133 per cent)

E&W Sun: (Mar 1-10): 45.9hr (147 per cent)

© Philip Eden

Unusually the Hadley is running lower and is on 5.6C

I just looked at philip edens site and the CET is only 0.5C above average upto the 12th by reading peoples thoughts on how mild they say it's been i thought it would be much higher, i don't think its been that mild at all really esp last week up until monday and apart from yesterday its felt quite chilly like it does this morning, i wouldn't be surprised to see next week record near average CET figures also, day temps might reach 5C above average but so might night temps be 5C below average something people forget when they only mention day temps <_<

Posted

I think average does seem mild after the cold spells we've been having this winter.

A further above average week looks to take place next week, possibly raising the CET to 1C maybe 1.3C above average.

Posted

Hadley is on 5.9C (Mar 1 -12). This is just 0.2C above the 71/00 running mean.

The temps in the last third of the month may play a big part in deciding the final outcome. The GFS have been predicting a colder spell for some time but it always seems to remain out of reach ie outside the reliable timeframe. Equally the odd run has gone for something much milder. So as yet there is no cettainty where this month might finally end up.

Posted

Quite likely to see the CET balance itself out with a mild week coming up but a colder final third thats my prediction - still believe a near average CET wil be the eventual outcome.