Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Whoooooo!!! first thunder of the year here in swindon rain so heavy the road like a river im so excited yeppyy!!!

lol, you can tell we're storm starved here in Swindon, lets hope that wasn't the only one, more please!

Posted
:( Absolutely chucking it down here and a big rumble of thunder! looks like convection has developed over the Swindon area, nicely shown on the netweather radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Whoooooo!!! first thunder of the year here in swindon rain so heavy the road like a river im so excited yeppyy!!!

Yes it looks like the band of rain is intensifying on it's back edge. If it keeps building and keeps on a Westerly track, then it could hit the Weston to Bristol area around 11-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning, well alittle dissapointed this morning after such a promising start yesterday evening.

this morning we have just had light rain, nothing to get excited about.

a bit let down :(

heres hoping for next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Hi all,

I am currently sat in a basement office in London praying for storms later!

I have just seen the term "Loaded Gun" being used and would appreciate it if one of the experts could elaborate a bit more on what this means? Or point me in the direction of somewhere where I can find out?

Thanks!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
I have just seen the term "Loaded Gun" being used and would appreciate it if one of the experts could elaborate a bit more on what this means?

Basically it means a gun is about to go off , the conditions are right it just needs that trigger and BANG :(

Posted
morning, well alittle dissapointed this morning after such a promising start yesterday evening.

this morning we have just had light rain, nothing to get excited about.

a bit let down :(

heres hoping for next week

A long way to go before next week ! Great display of lightning on and off from 20.00 till 05.00 last night to the south of here - glad I've got the week off.

I agree with some previous comments about the cloud as I suggested yesterday. However 3 hours put on 10C around lunchtime on Thursday so if the sun does get through we should just about manage the trigger temperature of 25C. This rain needs to clear by 12.00 to stand a chance. Interesting to see storms firing already over France which I assume are NOT related to diurnal heating as it is only late teens / early twenties over there at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
Basically it means a gun is about to go off , the conditions are right it just needs that trigger and BANG :(

I thought this may have been the case!

I hope it is a bl**dy big gun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Just as I guessed, the rubbish of the storms down south is over us which will impair any activity unless it's burnt off pretty quick.

GAH!

Posted
I have just seen the term "Loaded Gun" being used and would appreciate it if one of the experts could elaborate a bit more on what this means?

It means that if we don't get any storms in the SE today, we're all going to shoot ourselves c046.gif

Posted
It means that if we don't get any storms in the SE today, we're all going to shoot ourselves c046.gif

hahahaha Nice one Coast :(

Posted

post-24-1246005618_thumb.jpg

The above is what we use when the Loaded Gun Scenario does not go as planned whilst Chasing in the US

Bit worried now as my 4/8 with sunshine breaking through is now low greay clouds and dropping temps :(

Crud!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just as I guessed, the rubbish of the storms down south is over us which will impair any activity unless it's burnt off pretty quick.

GAH!

Absolutley, what we feared last night...NMM model doesnt really suggest any cloud breaks of note today either for surface heating...maybe things will pan out differently though later eh?....maybe get some late evening storms drifting up from the south, doubtful, but I've put my optimistic hat back on :(

Posted
Bit worried now as my 4/8 with sunshine breaking through is now low greay clouds and dropping temps :(

Crud!

Paul S

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3...;soort=satradar

Look at that explosion to our south east ! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

looking at the metoffice radar, and lighting dector, nothing seems to be going on over swindon apart from some very heavy rain.

can anybody confirm this??

Posted
Calm down everybody, just look how things are growing towards Swindon now.

Fair bit of flooding around here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Nothing of note in Exeter, there was rain at 3-5am judging by the radar, but I slept through it all (and I usually wake up very quickly when there's the slightest hint of thunder). There was some distant lightning to the east last evening though, and the odd very distant rumble.

Posted
looking at the metoffice radar, and lighting dector, nothing seems to be going on over swindon apart from some very heavy rain.

can anybody confirm this??

We had a few rumbles during the intense rain.Huge convective drops and like a monsoon!

Posted

Just had a very heavy downpour here.... was 20c with 19c dewpoint but now 18c temp and feeling very humid..... lovely rain smell outdoors..... quite dark too just turned lights on..... but alas no thunder/lightening......

My mum in ilminster somerset said the thunderstorm at hers yesterday started at 4pm and lasted until midnight. She said the thunder/lightening and rain was worst shes seen since we moved from mallorca in 1990......

Edited by willinkent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Well according to the Met O the midlands aint going to get anything till this evening when they suggest 'thunder showers'

Remains to be seen.

I love how the folks seem to think they never get anything in the SE on here, try living in Shropshire :(

Posted

Splendid conditions here at the moment. The temps as of 9.30am are 19C, DP 18C, humidity at 90% and plenty of sunshine.

However the downside for my location is im expecting the storms to be to the SW of Peterborough. Seems to be my luck in recent yrs that I miss a majority of the storms and yet my location is usually one of the most prone. :(

Still I haven't got a single forecast right this year. :)

Posted

Just about to leave for work, something trying to Organise (HomeGrown) to my South East just across the Water in NW Kent.

Also the cells east of Boulogne starting to creep towards the Kent and Sussex Border/Coastline now

Paul S

Posted

LOL I thought it was possible for thundery stuff to re-develop but didn't expect it to happen this early.

Got a good half inch the the gauge though.

A long way to go before next week ! Great display of lightning on and off from 20.00 till 05.00 last night to the south of here - glad I've got the week off.

You must live higher up than me and have a better view South, my best view is the Northern quadrant.