Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 27th June >>

Ross B

Posted
That's weird becuase as far as i can tell the storm over this area started before your's but still hasn't finished, some very good lightning i am currently watching which is further away but still getting the odd strike closer!

Very enjoyable and still hasn't finished. B)

I'm hearing the occasional distant rumble, quite often just now actually. It's raining still but nothing particularly major. Looks good over your way, just can't see any lightning to photograph unfortunately!

EDIT: Yep, just to my west, can see distant lightning/thunder etc.

I can also see a small opening in the clouds, beyond which is an absolutely masterpiece of an anvil, to the south.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
Hey Dogs...

Yeah - that looks interesting doesnt it - http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ - that stuff seems to be slowly making its way north, and were in a convergence zone i think.. still dont know whats happening in the high atmosphere, but theres pretty well 180 degree shear still i think

YES ITS grown slightly..............

hopefully something sparking....

Posted
I'm hearing the occasional distant rumble, quite often just now actually. It's raining still but nothing particularly major. Looks good over your way, just can't see any lightning to photograph unfortunately!

still no rain here just constant rumbles

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Does any shower/storm etc in the London Area have any chance of getting here?

Posted

Convection is still happening over Rochester. To my north a big cell is flashing away, to my east, stuff is still building. Didn't really expect it this late in the day some two hours after 18z. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Posted
That vorticity/convergence is still showing on NW radar low-level winds vectors (1000 hpa), however its about 50 miles further north....still, potential even in this late evening hour B)

I would expect further cloud build in your area until midnight. It might not be enough to make electrifimication (I made that word up) but it looks like it's still going to happen, particularly above around 700hPA.

Posted

[Miserable Sod Mode] Another non-event in the East Midlands. I think I'm officially giving up this year if I don't see a storm in the next week. [/Miserable Sod]

Oh, and well done Andy. It rained a bit but they didn't need the roof in the end.

Does any shower/storm etc in the London Area have any chance of getting here?

Not really it's been over London all day and won't be going very far. Eventually it will die out, by which time it will still be around the London area! :lol:

Really good convection here this evening. All seems a bit late though.

Posted
CELLS GROWING SOUTH OF HERE

Yes they are moving very very slowly, really hard to tell directional movement over than the sky has now cleared from the South. We've had a sharp shower in the last half an hour with no cloud at all South of Westbury - this suggests to me a definite convergence zone has set up, whether from a sea breeze effect or not I'm not sure.

Great reports and photos from those in the London/Kent region :lol: !

Posted
Dartford Bridge was hit by a massive lightning bolt!!!!

One of the tunnels have been closed to serious flooding :o :o :lol:

think i saw that bolt, made me jump

Posted

Incidentally, those who live in Bude, or within 20 miles, watchout tomorrow, something wicked that way comes, for you, much later in the day. Look for 25C+ temps, first, though.

Posted

This storm is still rumbling on........ No rain now but still very often strikes of lightning further away but also still some quite close and some very deep rumbles of Thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

Good view of those CBs to the west of here with the sun now behind them.

Wow.

Davehowe, Margate.

Posted

Ahhh, how can a thunderstorm make progress and then stay in one place? It made progress right for me, and now its kinda stopped and circling :lol:

Posted

A couple of small storms have gone up in the gap between the St albans storm and the Kent storm which is still booming in the distance, funny how they're developing anvils but not at the same height as the bigger storms.

I would expect further cloud build in your area until midnight. It might not be enough to make electrifimication (I made that word up) but it looks like it's still going to happen, particularly above around 700hPA.

Indeed cloud building well here. Enough for some showers to develop but unlikely for anything of a thundery nature.

Posted
This storm is still rumbling on........ No rain now but still very often strikes of lightning further away but also still some quite close and some very deep rumbles of Thunder.

Close lighting here in stevenage now, taken a while to get here though :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Been watching the tennis, since 7pm I could hear low rumbling thunder from the south of MK. Just been out to get a better view, the only thing I can see from here east to west is an enormous out stretched cirrus sheet / anvil with bubbling cumulous below slowly approaching from the south. Looking very good, just hoping the storms hold thier intensity as they are moving up the M1 at the minute. Might be in for my first nighttime lighnting show of the summer :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I like that word....lol......needs to be added to the NW dictionary, along with SkirtFlasher - defintion = a storm thats flirts for more than one hour, giving the victim plenty of glimpes without revealing its core... :lol:

Posted
Close lighting here in stevenage now, taken a while to get here though :lol:

I' think i first heard the thunder rumbling about 6pm and lightning started about 7pm so it's been a good storm, one of the best i've seen for quite a few years and it still rumbles on.

The weird thing is the rain moved towards Hemel and Lightning is more towards the Hemel way BUT looking on traffic cams on the M1 near Luton you can see the strom clouds and rain has started....... And SnowJoke can see something moving up the M1 so could this storm just be expanding?

Posted

Woohey, some loud thunder now,and just had a very bright flash of lightning, the dogs are barking mad, literally. :o

Im just looking at the hpa Wind vectors and there seems to be alot of circulation!? Does that mean anything? :lol:

Posted
In reply to your other post, the main cells which affected London have infact moved away from London so they are progressing very slowly NWrds. They will probably die away soon but still worth watching.

They are not showing any signs of weakening atm, don't start putting a jinx on what could be the first great storms of the year for Luton, MK and Bedford :lol:

Definately something commeth this way, skies to the south lit but low sunlight from west, looks awesome :o

Edited by SnowJoke