Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 27th June >>

Ross B

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
But the met office have got warnings out, not sure what the beeb is saying but normally if the met have got warning the beeb airs them.

I watched both the bbc and sky forecasts from about 1pm - 5pm and not a single warning for storms

Posted
I'm in Beaconsfield mate, south Bucks.

Just heard a couple of faint rumbles coming from the cloud in your direction. Not sure if it will get any closer to us here (W/SW of you?)

Posted
There have been NO weather warnings from the bbc met regarding these storm developments..

A damn joke , they issue these warnings when storms are hardly severe yet when they are bad they don't issue them..

THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED!

Just re-arrange two letters of the bold word, then report an outside thunderstorm...

They should all be FRIED!!

Sorry!

Phil. (Still on storm watch if these cells over Laaaaanndan make it further north west.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Will post up some pics shortly, but picture quality won't be great as had to take them with my mobile as I don't have the good camera I like to use for storm pictures in the house and videos will probably be dreadful quality if I do decide to post them but everything will be posted later, in 1 hour or 2.

Posted
your kidding me is that your garden

Sure is mate, if it wasnt for the water going down the side of my house and then down the steps through the back garden the front side of my house would literally have been flooded it was upto the door of my front porch.

Posted

I think, i think we just had two flashes of lightning,i saw a reflection of a sudden flash in a window accros the road and another flash just attracting my attention, also just after these two the neighbours accros the road popped out to look so i guess we did just have some lightning.

heavy(ish) rain and constant rumbles, Sky TV has now gone and AM radio is crackling when you get a storm so......

Posted
yep! I AM ASKING THIS SAME QUESTION MYSELF!

can someone here enlighten us pleeeaaaase :o

good news is they are SLOWLY moving sort of this way....

The BAD news is will the sun going down kill them before they arrive..IF they make it they could be nasty :)

just been watching time frame of the clouds and they are moving west...north west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Blimey!!

Going darker again even though rain/hail has got a lot lighter in the last 20 minutes after the storm and the clouds are so ragged, some even look like wall clouds, i'll have to take some more pics now.

Posted
Sure is mate, if it wasnt for the water going down the side of my house and then down the steps through the back garden the front side of my house would literally have been flooded it was upto the door of my front porch.

going to be some reports of flooding in that case in some areas

Posted

I've had to come back on line - I have never, in all my life seen hail stones so big!!!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
There have been NO weather warnings from the bbc met regarding these storm developments..

A damn joke , they issue these warnings when storms are hardly severe yet when they are bad they don't issue them..

THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED!

Really, this has been out much of the afternoon!

I assume these are in fact warnings?

Posted

G-WHIZ...Awesome amount of rain :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

for weather09 and other Brummy type people, there are new cells firing up just north of coventry, probably from the outflow boundary of the earlier Birminghm cell....definitely worth keeping an eye on for the next hour

Posted

Cycling back from the airport earlier the sky got real dark to the north of here, quite a few rumbles of thunder and lightning, it all moved away west :) looks like its been bad over London way, been watching aircraft holding way off to the east of Lambourne VOR ( Stapleford Tawny ) for Heathrow, huge anvil sprayed out across the sky.

Steve

Posted

Well, my road is currently flooded with the pressure of the rain and hailstones - water is up to pavement level!

Posted

Thunder is constant now seeing flashes rain should be imminent

Posted

Wish they would hit Wimbledon so we can all watch it!

Also...how about some photos of all this (Giant) hail??

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
Well I did give my opinion earlier and that was I don't think those cell will make it to the Midlands because there is hardly any wind to push them NW fast enough and they'll probably die away come late evening due to lack of heating.

yes looks doubtful...at this rate they will be here by tomorrow night

Posted
Wish they would hit Wimbledon so we can all watch it!

Also...how about some photos of all this (Giant) hail??

Dont worry, pictures will be following - probably not tonight as I have to get ready to go out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

all my god..... the biggest hail stones ive ever seen some the size of a 2p coin..... i hope my cars ok...

Posted
all my god..... the biggest hail stones ive ever seen some the size of a 2p coin..... i hope my cars ok...

pics plzzzz...love to see them :rolleyes:

Edited by dogs32