Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
:lol: Yesterday evening arounds 7 o cloks Lootons is had worst electric storms in long times. first of alls black clods is covering sky on one sides and sweepings overs and it is was very hots and humids like hells.

Then nasty black clods is come overs and spits of rains is fallings and wind is pickings ups and the me is run insides and shut all the me's windows and doors . It is looks as ifs tornado is will forms any minutes and the me is was scared sheeets!

Then loud rumbly bang booms of thunder is starteds and lightening is flashings and hail stones is fells in massive round balls hoppings all over the me's gardens and banging mr gnomes heads. triple quadruple flashings fork lightenings and thunders is crashing downs and the me is was so frightened the me is run into wardrobes and not comes out till storm is passed after very long times. very slow moving storm and is lasted for hours. the me hopes Lootons is not gets it agains, the me is was very frigtened and forgot to brings doggy broadis ins and he is got frazzeled by lightenings and now ins doggy hospitals in intensive cares. very bad evenings yesterday and very bad storms indeedly torrentials!

hellos nicksy wicksy! no more storms the me is hopes for lootons pleeeeeze!! the me is will dies of heart atticks! :doh:

Oh how I've missed these posts. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Oh how I've missed these posts.

Very briefly off convective topic, are the above posts supposed to be a mickey take of Gollum? I can't help but think of Gollum's voice narrating as I read lol :doh:

Back to the skies - very hazy here now, still some feable attempts at towers, though none have been remotely successful as expected - very stagnant, hot and humid....increasingly uncomfortable.

Watching to the skies for hopefully a glimpse of the beloved Vulcan bomber, and maybe even a rogue more organised tower!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Convection today? I have seen more convection in a court room. Oh wait, that's conviction.

Posted

Cant see these towers to the south through the haze, but they are there, and they are heavy, according to the radar!

EDIT: Confirmation from a friend in S Manchester, it is raining.

Edited by Dazmaster75

Posted
good evenings cyclonics! lootons is very wells and sunny's todays but the me is just seen bbc weather forecasts and Tobins is said we is got thumpings thunderstorm agains today!!!! :doh:

jingly bells to you crazy man-good to see you back and sooooooo glad you enjoyed the storms

Posted
Cant see these towers to the south through the haze, but they are there, and they are heavy, according to the radar!

Large towers appearing over north of liverpool looking from the wirral. Hoping North wales can brew us a storm over the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Convection today? I have seen more convection in a court room. Oh wait, that's conviction.

Get your coat Andy! :lol: :doh:

Posted
good evenings cyclonics! lootons is very wells and sunny's todays but the me is just seen bbc weather forecasts and Tobins is said we is got thumpings thunderstorm agains today!!!! :doh:

Mr Crazy Snowfans we miss you on theees forum! You is should start comings on more oftens, if you don't starts coming on more oftens then the me will come downs to lootons and kiddynaps doggy broadis untils you start comings on regelularlee.

Posted
Very briefly off convective topic, are the above posts supposed to be a mickey take of Gollum? I can't help but think of Gollum's voice narrating as I read lol :doh:

Back to the skies - very hazy here now, still some feable attempts at towers, though none have been remotely successful as expected - very stagnant, hot and humid....increasingly uncomfortable.

Watching to the skies for hopefully a glimpse of the beloved Vulcan bomber, and maybe even a rogue more organised tower!

Same here, convection looks pretty flat and tired.

And as for the Vulcan, is it going to Biggin Hill or something? Hopefully it'll come over this way and bring its own thunder with it, never seen a Vulcan in flight before. :lol:

Edited by jshaw

Posted
Get your coat Andy! :lol: :doh:

the me's is sorry mr nick, the me's is telling bad jokeys todays.

Haha sorry I think I have just caught CrazySnowFan disease! :D

Posted
Large towers appearing over north of liverpool looking from the wirral. Hoping North wales can brew us a storm over the next few hours.

Well general direction of storms today will be in a NWerly direction, so you'd be best with something brewing in Cheshire really.

Posted

And as for the Vulcan, is it going to Biggin Hill or something? Hopefully it'll come over this way and bring its own thunder with it. :doh:

The Vulcan? Isn't that the one that was restored in Leicestershire? :lol:

Sorry mods, this is off-topic stuff but lets face it... Theres not many storms about if any at this present time.

Posted

Looking south, the sky is pretty dark, definate convection, and verrry close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Its lightly rainings here, the drops are large though :doh:

Somebody is going to be lucky, maybe I'll get some distant stuff to the West.post-4726-1246192008_thumb.png

Those people in the Low countries get some cracking storms. Play the loop:- http://www.strikestareu.com/sslt/sslt.html

Posted
Well general direction of storms today will be in a NWerly direction, so you'd be best with something brewing in Cheshire really.

Your right. At present it is building over us and then disappating just as quickly. Needs just a little more forcing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seems to be some good convection here amongst some of the darker clouds.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

SW Bowland. In hills 12 miles NE of Preston. Looking south there are huge cauliflowers developing, probably over S Lancs, N CHeshire. Refreshing NE breeze here and only little cu about. Hazy blue skies otherwise. Temp 23.0C.

Posted

And as for the Vulcan, is it going to Biggin Hill or something? Hopefully it'll come over this way and bring its own thunder with it, never seen a Vulcan in flight before.

YEP! Vulcan flying from Biggin Hill and then flying around different areas - according to the website it should be taking off between 15:10 and 15:40 immediately followed by the red arrows! Caught the red arrows going past yesterday, along with various other aircraft so am really hoping the Vulcan does too :doh:

Still towers around, though I think that now will be the order of the day! Noticeably FAR more hazy than yesterday - which if is the case across other parts of the country, will make any storms that much harder to see.

Posted

Now explosive development to the south of manc and Stockport

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edit, and around north yorks

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Vulcan bomber at an airshow at some point over the weekend? I saw it a couple of weeks ago at Cosford airshow. I aint seen it since I was like 10ish - 17 years ago almost!

Anyway not alot happening here, some gentle convection, slightly hazy, but very hot and humid.

Kain

Posted
Some activity trying to build in the south towards Isle of Wight and some isolated activity over surrey and Hampshire.

Sounds promising - wonder if it will be the case of yesterday - areas outside the main watch zone get pummelled.

Possible sea breeze CZ?

EDIT - Latest MetO loop suggests probably not a CZ

UPDATE - Hurricane heading NNE (if that's not convective discussion, I dont know what is :D lol)...and a spitfire around too, not going to justify that one I am afraid :D

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Unless skies clear here zippo chance of any storms unless we get someones left over. Most likely a gray uninteresting day to come.

Posted
Unless skies clear here zippo chance of any storms unless we get someones left over. Most likely a gray uninteresting day to come.

Sunny here now, 27.8C I'm not far from you pit

Posted

Someone in my area is going to see a thunderstorm today even if I don't, I'm certain of it looking at the convection here.

Also, is anyone else finding it difficult to breathe this air today?

It's like I'm having to eat my way around through the atmosphere.