Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

Sporadic lightning from the cell developing between Whaley Bridge and Macclesfield. Only counted 4 or so rumbles in the past hour but looking at the Radar its not going anywhere soon.

Posted

Just been out for a proper look around can make out 2 distant CB`s to the NE nothing special though.

As for those showers in NW Wales can`t see much just alot of jumbled up cloud.

TCU are climbing quite high now close by the SW/west but they are not very big besides 1, nothing much to the SE.

And quite a thick layer of altocumulus beyond that so don`t expect anything when that comes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
A cell has just popped up about 5-10 miles to my south...Even the the sky is messy and hazy, I can just make out the anvil and rain curtain....For the first time during this spell of warm/humid weather, today feels just right.... currently 26.4C with very high humidity

Oh dear, well that was the kiss of death wasnt it....lol....Its falling apart! :nonono: .....noticing quite a lot of cirrus arund, I guess its surpressing convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The heavy showers which have developed seem to be moving north /north east but very, very slowly.

I hold out a faint hope that the cluster near Birmingham might make it here by about 8.0 p.m.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
The heavy showers which have developed seem to be moving north /north east but very, very slowly.

I hold out a faint hope that the cluster near Birmingham might make it here by about 8.0 p.m.

Doing the old radar loop says no no no. We'll have to wait for home brew stuff. clear skies now warming up but zero convection. 99% chance of zippo I'm afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Band of light patchy rain moving north-east in somerset doesnt seem to be intensifying much all we have is some light rain. no weather warning again i see so maybe we are in with a chance. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Skys turning here, getting very dark over Henlow. Simular to yesterday when we had the T&L

Start of Round 2 maybe?

Posted
Apologies just updated profile now

tks Chloe-much appreciated

Posted

We may be slightly too far north for anything (and too late!) but the cloud is finally burning off here. Temperature up to 21c from 19c an hour ago, dewpoint 17c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Is it just me or do these showers/storms seem to have started taking a more NNE'ly direction in the past hour?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dark clouds brewing up here now. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Something seemingly organising overhead - going dark at the base and seemingly getting some height!

Can anyone else confirm??

Posted

Is a large CB to my northwest with an anvil on it and it appears to me headding in my direction, though I am not sure if it is electrified yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
Doing the old radar loop says no no no. We'll have to wait for home brew stuff. clear skies now warming up but zero convection. 99% chance of zippo I'm afraid.

You're right, Pit. I've just run the loop myself and there's no chance of the Birmingham shower cluster getting up here.

Home grown it is then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Definitely looking odd outside now - sky growing darker - Essex MAY be in for something shortly, though as I said its quite hard to tell with a lot of muck around the base!

Does look dark towards N London too, backing up the claims of thunder there!

Posted
Definitely looking odd outside now - sky growing darker - Essex MAY be in for something shortly, though as I said its quite hard to tell with a lot of muck around the base!

Does look dark towards N London too, backing up the claims of thunder there!

Yes, very dark here but no lightning or rain yet ....