Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
It seems fairly hazy here, a good amount of cloud around but as of yet no convection is taking off.

Just a milky looking sky with gaps in the cloud now and again.

It's having a little try here. This just gone up in the past 20 mins or so. post-1583-1246196919_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Oh No! We're in the Metoffice Warning!! Sorry, only kidding- despite the occassional anti-climax I do prefer to be in them than not! Weather right now here seems to be brightening up, dead calm, and feels pretty muggy. Anyone else having problems with sat24? I want to know if the clearer skies ae inbound!?

bb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
It's having a little try here. This just gone up in the past 20 mins or so. post-1583-1246196919_thumb.jpg

send it my way please!!!!!!!!!

Posted
send it my way please!!!!!!!!!

Don't get too excited! It's doing bugga all at the moment and most likely won't! And if it does you got no chance. I been member of the no storms club for over a year now so mitts off :-P

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I forgot we dont live in the Midlands. :)

Convection is pretty good now so i would expect quite a few showers to get going soon with storms also begining a little later.

Blizzards, rellaaxx. When I did that whole Midlands debate thing I was in a bad mood that day and it was just something that I was being an idiot about, I apologised afterwards.

When I said that The Midlands stretches from Birmingham across to Rutland etc about 20 minutes ago I was only playing about because of what I said before and now I have a reputation of saying that about The Midlands :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Don't get too excited! It's doing bugga all at the moment and most likely won't! And if it does you got no chance. I been member of the no storms club for over a year now so mitts off :-P

:) Over a year? In Hampshire?

This might be partly to do with the lack of plume events so far this year - with so MUCH CAPE/LI promise over Northern France throughout the whole of this week, I'd expect something to stray north of the channel towards us!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Got some decent towers going up all round at the moment, particularly to the north. There seems to be a rather torrential downpour/possible storm over Southport at the moment, yet I can't quite make out the structure from here due to cloud further south of it obscuring the view. Hoping for a storm later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Blizzards, rellaaxx. When I did that whole Midlands debate thing I was in a bad mood that day and it was just something that I was being an idiot about, I apologised afterwards.

When I said that The Midlands stretches from Birmingham across to Rutland etc about 20 minutes ago I was only playing about because of what I said before and now I have a reputation of saying that about The Midlands :)

It doesnt matter andy... :)

Very humid here with convection continuing. :)

Posted
Chloe PLEASE put your nearest town in your avatar then we all know what you weather is and where

thanks

Apologies just updated profile now

Posted

Yes, it's been over a year for here also. Gone are the days of regular storms drifting up from the near continent during a summer evening.

I am looking forward to this week to see if anything should come off, I was mightily disappointed when the MCS a few days ago didn't even get here, seemed to fizzle out on the coast and all I saw was a few distant flickers of lightning.

I still think it's too early here to get a storm, seems that the channel kills most storms off before they make landfall, not sure if this is the temperature of the sea or other factors causing a negative impact on the storms.

Posted

theres something brewing to my southwest looks organised just not showing on the radar just yet

anyone think burton on trent is in a good position today for a storm?

Posted

This might be partly to do with the lack of plume events so far this year - with so MUCH CAPE/LI promise over Northern France throughout the whole of this week, I'd expect something to stray north of the channel towards us!!

I know I know!! LOL. Every time it's headed for it died as it hit land or went east to the greedy Kent lot :) I think the last event we had was late last April? (2008) Not too sure. Anyone got the lightning maps from Meto?

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted
Here ya are Fromey you can have it now ... :doh:

5 minutes later and its as flat as a pancake :lol:

post-1583-1246197780_thumb.jpg

Na dont want it now!! :nonono:

our time will come this week! 8)

what i want is what is in my picture !!!

Edited by fromey

Posted
Na dont want it now!! :nonono:

our time will come this week! 8)

what i want is what is in my picture !!!

I want what's in Paul Sherman's pictures! :lol: :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I can't believe the amount of convection here and how tall the towering clouds are.But as far as I know no storms are forecast for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Big crack of thunder just now :nonono:

Posted

seen the weather warning on the met site for our area cant see much to get exited about just yet just very hot and humid with a light hot breeze blowing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Oh no, in annoying news, i'm halfway between 2 lines of showers/storms- there's one over manchester way, and another to the east of york- on the plus side, the sun is now out properly for the first time in a couple of days and its immediately got hot! So i'm actually optimistic for something later.

bb

Posted
I want what's in Paul Sherman's pictures! :doh::nonono:

It would be nice but i would bet my house that it would scare the crap out of you!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A cell has just popped up about 5-10 miles to my south...Even the the sky is messy and hazy, I can just make out the anvil and rain curtain....For the first time during this spell of warm/humid weather, today feels just right.... currently 26.4C with very high humidity