Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Been out watering the lawn and could see the anvils shooting up in the east and northeast- pretty humid here but also sunny, and nothing of note visible to the south which is where the clouds seem to be coming from, at low levels anyway. I'm hoping against hope that the line to the east somehow moves west!

bb

Posted

Big explosion to the west here. Looks like their a big potential thundery shower over me and spreading a huge distance south of here.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
Been out watering the lawn and could see the anvils shooting up in the east and northeast- pretty humid here but also sunny, and nothing of note visible to the south which is where the clouds seem to be coming from, at low levels anyway. I'm hoping against hope that the line to the east somehow moves west!

bb

Yeah hopefully we will get some storms firing up soon, im doubtfull that line of showers of York will move at all than a bit further north, if we are to get any it will be a homegrown one that grows randomly right over Leeds.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

As per normal Showers around the the area one to the North West not visible one to the North east just visible and one to the south not visible. The ones tot he North West and North east aren't moving the one tot he south is moving towards us at the present time.

Posted
Big explosion to the west here. Looks like their a big potential thundery shower over me and spreading a huge distance south of here.

Still very dark here but no thunder or rain. It feels almost cool compared to yesterdays humidity therefore i am not so certain to whether we will see any storms today.

Posted

Nope, looked promising, delivered sod all.

But did make for interesting skies however. :rolleyes:

Phil.

post-8209-1246203993_thumb.jpg

post-8209-1246204045_thumb.jpg

post-8209-1246204134_thumb.jpg

Posted

Yes i can clearly see that nothing from it at the mo

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Lancs. SW Bowland. Absolutely swilling down with stair rods.. So that's thoroughly wet the hay and silage grass. TIM B Darwen, that big black one you've been watching is I suspect is overhead us here.. We've been lucky this last few days. Very little rain and only ditant thunder yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The muck to the W producing some very dark skies - shame it seems to be amounting to nothing though.

Had jets wizzing past all day, some of which have been venturing further afield than just Kent, so if you are hearing rumbles/deep booms it may not necessarily be thunder.

Posted
Lancs. SW Bowland. Absolutely swilling down with stair rods.. So that's thoroughly wet the hay and silage grass. TIM B Darwen, that big black one you've been watching is I suspect is overhead us here.. We've been lucky this last few days. Very little rain and only ditant thunder yesterday.

your nearest town in your avatar please otherwise your weather reports mean nothing to anyone?

many thanks

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Hey 10123,

I think you may be right about the thirsk storms heading north. The one near huddersfield looks to be heading in the direction of leeds, unfortunately its moving at the kind of pace that suggests it will probably be falling as snow by the time it gets there! There is a tower shooting up to my southwest which could be one to watch for you, but that may be a long shot! I'm staying optimistic though, foolish as that may be!

bb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite Dark to my North where there is a torrential downpour. Its developed right over us and dumped its load about 1 mile North of here! We miss all of the rain!

Posted
Hey 10123,

I think you may be right about the thirsk storms heading north. The one near huddersfield looks to be heading in the direction of leeds, unfortunately its moving at the kind of pace that suggests it will probably be falling as snow by the time it gets there! There is a tower shooting up to my southwest which could be one to watch for you, but that may be a long shot! I'm staying optimistic though, foolish as that may be!

bb

ill wait till some ppn on radar shows over leeds, dont want to get any hopes up

Posted

Lancs. 12 miles NE of Preston in SW cowner of Bowland Fells.

TIM B No lightning or thunder here. No hail either (yet)

JOHN HOLMES I wish I knew how to do such things. No time to investigate avatars at the mo.

Heavy stair rod rain still and real big puddles now. Grey all round. This thing seems stuck. Temp dropped to 18.2C.

Posted

Can't hear anything here Tommy, although it's getting increasingly darker here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

skys went very dark towards London but nothing seems to be happening.... some more sun would help but is quite over cast now.

Posted

According to NW i should have seen some ligthning by now :rolleyes:http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Posted
your nearest town in your avatar please otherwise your weather reports mean nothing to anyone?

many thanks

John

To be fair John, Rainy always states his/her town in there posts so the weather report actually does mean something to everyone. I just dont' like people reporting weather events if we don't know where they live!

alot of high cloud around here with hazy sun, no signs of anything convective which is not surprising really as storms around here are rare.

I think next week, the radar we see now will be simerler, scattered t-storms in some places but most places will probably stay dry which includes NE England i'm sure.

Posted
Storm approaching the east of York. Frequent thunder but no lightning as yet.

I've just lit barby too :rolleyes:

Dont worry, it wont hit York at all, it will stay east of York and pretty much stay there for the rest of the day

Posted

i love this part where its a case of hit and miss it kind of gets your heart going that little bit faster, just had some second stages of some cumulus come over.