Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
what time was that tornado reported because my dad thought he saw one in his rear view mirror when driving back from cambridge to bourne this afternoon...he said the storm this morning was one of the best in his life.

do you have a time for that cos that may well have been the one i saw earlier on!

Posted

Big rumbles of thunder and dark clouds on the north-western horizon, approaching antagonizingly slowly! Hopefully it'll maintain strength and electricity as it nears.

Wow, very dark clouds.

Posted
Big rumbles of thunder and dark clouds on the north-western horizon, approaching antagonizingly slowly! Hopefully it'll maintain strength and electricity as it nears.

Wow, very dark clouds.

dont get your hopes up it aint much really

Posted
do you have a time for that cos that may well have been the one i saw earlier on!

it would have been bout half 3-4 o'clock he was coming home.

Posted

Another storm rumbling away atm, think that's the 6th (or 7th) since this morning :lol: Not as active as this morning's little lot but nice cloud structures :)

Rob S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Getting very dark again - our end of the trough has rotated and is now coming from the West/SouthWest. Saw a flicker of lightning to my NW a minute ago, but didn't hear thunder as I'm listening to the Internet coverage of the Test Match on TMS.

Posted

Heavy rain approaching, just seen some IC lightning and it took 7s for the thunder to arrive downwind...

EDIT: Absolutely torrential rain with thunder and lightning now, blowing a gale too.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Afternoon all :-)

What a day for storms, scince just after lunch, had nothing but heavy rain and thunder and lightning. Lost track at how many times the power went off today, never had thunder like this, im talking near ear drum bursting stuff.

I am completly out of clean underwear and what underwear I have let, even daz at 30 couldnt save them!

Hope everyone else has been lucky also!

What a day for storms, scince just after lunch, had nothing but heavy rain and thunder and lightning. Lost track at how many times the power went off today, never had thunder like this, im talking near ear drum bursting stuff.

I am completly out of clean underwear and what underwear I have let, even daz at 30 couldnt save them!

I bet it was like your avatar in a lot of places!

Posted

Really ive had one flash and two bangs, and im only just down the road from you. typical :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I don't believe. Those lucky people who had storms this morning are getting the same ones back again. It's not right.

Posted
I bet it was like your avatar in a lot of places!

Well, I hope everyone else has had a good show today, like I said, I have never seen or heard anything like this today, and i think we have just had phase 3 of the day, started just after lunch, it come on really quick and we had a good kicking of heavy rain and constant T&L (really quite near to over head) and that lasted for a good hour and a half, then rain faded and the T&L was still about but could hear it moving on.

Then Cleared up, could still hear the T&L in the distance, but that faded then went dark again and had another kicking, then again, past and then just flared up again, right over head.

It can only think it was close by because everytime their was a flash of lighning, instantly the power went and then a huge house shaking bang.

Do pampers do adult size? LOL

Hope everyone else has been just as lucky, I dont think its over yet though!

Posted
Really ive had one flash and two bangs, and im only just down the road from you. typical :shok:

Its mad aint it! Cant believe you havent had it. How you have missed it I just do not know! Hopefully you might get it at some point.

Can anyone explain, possibly with the use of charts, how this low pressure produced so much storm activity? I want to know what to look out in the charts for 'next time' :shok:

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening Everyone

No thunder heard today so far anyway.

However Since 0400hr this morning i have recorded a whopping 44.0mm rain , This has got to be one of the most accumulated rain fall i have recorded in one day since i moved here 9 years ago.

Lots of roads closed around the North East due to flooding, and its still raining , believe me its a nightmare out there

Posted
Getting very dark again - our end of the trough has rotated and is now coming from the West/SouthWest. Saw a flicker of lightning to my NW a minute ago, but didn't hear thunder as I'm listening to the Internet coverage of the Test Match on TMS.

Looks like it's running just east of me again, time for the car and the camera I think. North Walsham and Bacton here I come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Looks like it's running just east of me again, time for the car and the camera I think. North Walsham and Bacton here I come

Too late, I think.

Posted

I think the main activity is now transferring further South down the line of the trough- roughly towards London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Grr at the East-Huge storms all afternoon there. Nothing here all day. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I'm wet. Very wet.

Went to take some pics.

Got soaked From the end of my garden to my front door.

Thunder and lightning now.

Posted

Evenin all, just got in from work, we've had some right good storms here in MK in the last hour or so, and it's still really dark all around, best weather all year!!!!!!