Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
I think the main activity is now transferring further South down the line of the trough- roughly towards London.

I agree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The East has had it all this month. Sod all interesting this month here. Its so unfair now! :shok:

Posted

just seen the radar plus the warning still dry here at the moment but the band is mile a way if meteox is right

http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom...x=228&y=226

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A few anvils to my west and one to my south west :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The weather looks boring in the near future. No potential of storms, sunshine at times and not very warm and scattered light showers. Apart from about the first couple of days of July this is one of themost boring months i can remember. The East has bagged all the fun as usual. Getting boring now.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

How's this barbecue summer thing coming along?

On a more serious note, would advise anyone in coastal Essex and Suffolk to down electrical systems and keep an eye on the sky for funnel clouds although large hail seems the more likely severe risk as temperatures aloft are cooling fast, and the upper level low has drifted to near Cambridge now, releasing a northwest flow aloft into this developing cluster of storms.

I have to say, TEITS, it's a race to the finish between Peterborough and B'ham for tornado capital of England.

Posted

Just had quite a blustery shower with some lightening, thunder and gusty winds, but nothing spectacular.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
The weather looks boring in the near future. No potential of storms, sunshine at times and not very warm and scattered light showers. Apart from about the first couple of days of July this is one of themost boring months i can remember. The East has bagged all the fun as usual. Getting boring now.

do you ever get bored moaning?

Posted
do you ever get bored moaning?

Ive tried to look for the good things in the models for ages now but there is no hope at the moment in this letting up for the time being. Its been cloudy cool and wet all day here. Its hardly good weather. Its depressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Nice line of wet stuff heading for me.. skys darkening :) probably my last dose for now :shok:

Posted

http://441creative.com/weather/stormvue/

just spoken to my grand father north of ipswich its black thundering and lighting north of ipswich accordibg to our local weather radar its 38 miles away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
Too late, I think.

I dunno he may have got lucky. Got some footage over norwich airport of the little storm heading out towards the coast.

Posted

Nice storms passing over Colchester currently - About 15 minutes ago I thought I was back in Kansas - Rotation, lowerings, outflow, the works :-)

Got a little bit of Blackberry video footage, but doubt the resolution will be enough to capture the differential cloud movement

Posted

Torrential rain here right now. Still nothing compared to Easterners where they have been drenched.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
I dunno he may have got lucky. Got some footage over norwich airport of the little storm heading out towards the coast.

True - it's now out to sea and weak. Can't imagine much else happening up here now today - still, it's been an interesting 24 hours! :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Torrential rain here right now. Still nothing compared to Easterners where they have been drenched.

spare a thought for those up in the NE, local rainfall accumulations of over 120mm in the past 12 hours!, and my area has has up to 20mm in the past 12 hours, so TBH we've had our fair share of rain, unfortunatley minus the storms

Posted
spare a thought for those up in the NE, local rainfall accumulations of over 120mm in the past 12 hours!, and my area has has up to 20mm in the past 12 hours, so TBH we've had our fair share of rain, unfortunatley minus the storms

Indeed and the NW Rainfall Accumulation Map shows that very well. Appauling stuff up there. Annoying though weve missed out on those big storms in the East. If everything was perhaps 100miles or so more west we would have been battered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Intense rainfall with an increasingly stronger and gusty winds the past 45 mins or so, its training down from the Irish Sea through the cheshire gap....not remarkable for its convective nature, rather the fact that its training in a very narrow corridor, and it seems judging by the radar, to be set in for a good hour or 2 more...Some possible flooding down on the stafford flats, perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

An eventful 24 hours for those of you in the east, hope you enjoyed it. Just shows, may not get as many storms as some other parts - but when you do they can pack quite a punch!

Hey, was thinking of maybe going to the States next year, although places are filling faster than I can save up and make the decision. :good: :lol:

Maybe i could take July off next year and go to Kent! If only things were as predictable over here as over there. :lol:

Edited by Supacell