Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion Thurs 23>>>>>>>>>

Posted

Heavy shower here about 30 minutes ago. Is there much chance of thunder today as there are some very dark clouds here in somerset

Posted

Heavy shower here about 30 minutes ago. Is there much chance of thunder today as there are some very dark clouds here in somerset

I don't think cloud tops will be high enough today for any lightning or thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Just a quick message from me. The storm that passed over me yesterday afternoon dropped a waterspout 20 miles or so to the West in the Irish sea between Colwyn Bay & Rhyl about 1 hour and thirty minutes before it hit me. To be honest I'm not surprised, it was a nasty storm with some really loud cracks of thunder and apparent rotation.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2009/07/25/twister-hits-north-wales-55578-24235032/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Beast of a storm to the south of here, rumbles of thunder every 5 seconds:

post-1052-12484553218744_thumb.png

Sun coming coming out despite big crashes of thunder.

I could see that 'beast' while heading home after work yesterday evening!

That Cb was about as good as I've ever witnessed - it was almost a view worthy of a textbook! Got pics, but cant upload until monday :bad: It seemed to reach as good a height as any good storm we get over our lands, had a very robust anvil with what looked like mamma buldging from just under the very top. Along with the mammatus earlier in the day, I was more than happy with what I saw, despite not actually getting hit by a proper storm.

Edited by Harry

Posted

I could see that 'beast' while heading home after work yesterday evening!

That Cb was about as good as I've ever witnessed - it was almost a view worthy of a textbook! Got pics, but cant upload until monday :cray: It seemed to reach as good a height as any good storm we get over our lands, had a very robust anvil with what looked like mamma buldging from just under the very top. Along with the mammatus earlier in the day, I was more than happy with what I saw, despite not actually getting hit by a proper storm.

I was in Luton yesterday about 7.45pm and to the east was the most amazing anvil I have ever seen. Must have been 30-40 miles away at least but it looked like a nuclear bomb had been detonated, it literally resembled a mushroom cloud towering so high. I am gutted I didnt have a camera with me, never seen a structure like that in my life.

Posted

Passed under some impressive convection around Swindon late morning on my way to the Met Office, it stayed dry until I got to Somerset and Devon where the heavens opened for 3 or 4 brief but heavy showers. Forecasters at the Met Office showed this to be as a convergence zone over the southwest, known as the "A30 line" as, apparently, it follows the route of the A30 and is quite common in that neck of the woods.

Posted

I suspect this could be a quiet week storm-wise with the only possibility currently being Wednesday night into Thursday:

Rmgfs726.gif

Here's the longer term picture:

anim.gif

Posted

I suspect this could be a quiet week storm-wise with the only possibility currently being Wednesday night into Thursday:

Rmgfs726.gif

Here's the longer term picture:

anim.gif

Dont like the waiting in between,and if you miss out on a storm on the prime day,the wait seems forever,a good thundery 'spell' thats what we need :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

some black clouds on the horizon! Radar shows an impressive squall line smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Some quite heavy downpours moving W to E across southern counties at the moment. Not seeing any sferics from them, but then again I wasn't really expecting showers here today anyway, let alone potentially torrential ones.

Worth keeping an eye on through this afternoon maybe :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

No showers or anything here but the cloud has built upwards quite nicely, sorry picture quality isnt great but its not the best phone in the world :)

post-5683-1248695782595_thumb.jpg

Posted

Torrential rain here with thunder. large hail now

Edited by sufc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Just had a torrential down pour with a crack of thunder here. Anvil clouds can be seen to my West. This is very unexpected!

Posted

Just got home around 2 hours ago from holiday. One hell of a shower here, i recorded it and i'm uploading now. Honestly i have not seen rain like this for years! As it's clearing now constant very loud rumbles of thunder lasting 30-40 second per rumble. Will post video when it's uploaded.

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just had a heavy shower pass over us, was 1 lonely rumble of thunder in it and that was it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Torrential downpours early this morning, since then dry with sunshine but more clouds and showers looming for the remainder of the week