Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion Thurs 23>>>>>>>>>

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Nothing up this way, just yet!

Posted

Quite threatening skies just to my east at the moment, heard a few distance rumbles of thunder and saw one flash of lightning from what i can see.

Nice flash to my ne atm.

A perfect wall cloud just to the north of me , hope it heads this way. Can see the odd flash and hear some rumbling from it.

Posted

Nothing up this way, just yet!

Its BLACK as night around Tynemouth i say, lightning is very infrequent despite how dark the base of the cloud is. Whoever is under that shower must be getting one mighty of a downpour. Typical its only about 5-8 miles away from me

Posted

FORK LIGHTNING

yup, some really nice fork lightning, shame its infrequent, just had a good flash of fork lightning there.

Cloud structures are amazing aswell. :lol: Typical i'm just on the edge of the shower.

Posted

For a second , i thought i could see the beginning of a tornado.

Posted

Well i'm under some really nice mammatus(i think) type of cloud and it has gone dark. There does seem to be very little rain though, can see the rain sheets to the North but does not look torrential i would of thought.

Posted

Its BLACK as night around Tynemouth i say, lightning is very infrequent despite how dark the base of the cloud is. Whoever is under that shower must be getting one mighty of a downpour. Typical its only about 5-8 miles away from me

where did that lot come from , its chucking it down now, and the sky has gone really dark {just maybe}a chance

Posted

sky to the east has went to a very dark yellow colour now, looks like a proper storm out there lol, just beginning to rain now :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

WOW WOW!!

I was wrong , didn't expect that.... The storm front was rolling towards me , parts of the storm rotated and at times im sure i could see a lowering of the cloud!

AMAZING

The rain is incredible!! it's coming down at such an unbelievable rate

Posted

Really beautiful storm out to my East the past hour, crisp updrafts feeding up into an anvil that was shearing backwards, the updraft itself was obviously well sheared as it was leaning over well, sure sigsn of a well organised storm. With subtle mamattus on its bottom edge, all lit by the setting sun, brilliant, its been a fantastic day for epic structure shots even if there was only one rumble anywhere near here.

If only the mama display earlier had occured during sunset, it would have made probrably the most beautiful sky I have seen for years, if not ever!

Edited by jshaw

Posted

In one of my pictures on the right hand side of the dark cloud I thought I could see a funnel starting so I did start to film it but I dont think it was, plus the video was a bit boring. :) Ill upload a bit of it later.

Edited by StormChaser

Posted

The rain keeps falling , flooding down the bottom of the hill now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Got some really stormy skies to my east/north east now, didn't expect this.

Got some pics which i'll upload soon.

Haven't seen any lightning from here but I only noticed this 10 minutes ago!

Posted

Might move down to Tyler Hill, Kent. Seems to average around 15-20 storms in a typical Summer month. See for myself how good it really is biggrin.gif

Sounds like a plan! biggrin.gifsmile.gif

I used to live in essex, maybe I should move back.

Nothing here today except a few showers. It is pretty much impossible to get a storm here from westerlies, winds need to be coming from at least the south west. So still no real storm here in Bath, got one small one in Exeter a while back, that has been it for this year, other than some distant rumbles on a few days that I have recorded.

Posted

You guys in the SE have had an excellent couple of weeks with storms, just keep posting pics and vids and I'll stay a non-moaner. However, I personally think Mr Sherman is being too greedy now and should learn to share more!!!!! Hope the BBQ goes well on Sunday would love to have come but hubby away so no one to look after the 10 yrs old.

I've seen a bit of convection today and some great cloud formations forming in the distance, a rather small but menacing looking bunch of greeny clouds passed over me about 1/2 hr ago but it didn't dump any hail which surprised me. Very still in the back garden but all clear skies now, everything seems to have disappeared.

Posted

Heres a pic of the Mammatus cloud(i think it is a Mammatus cloud) i took with my camera, quality of the pic does not reflect how good the Mammatus structure was though as my camera is not all that good quality.

post-6407-12484660469602_thumb.jpg

Posted

These rain drops are huge , no lightning though which is odd

Posted

Geordiesnow

Nice picture, yep i noticed the mammatus too,, went really dark here then the heavens opened,more on the way, Looking at Nw radar there is more on the way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Got a lovely pink rainbow against the dark skies now. Not seen lightning or heard thunder but tonight has been a treat.

Some of my photos have come out quite well, i'll post them soon.

Posted

Least we must say "goodbye",thanks for a jolly fine day smile.gif

Nice pictures, been a while since I have seen a nice solid anvil like that.