Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms And Convective Discussion

Coast

Posted

just popped outside work for a bit of fresh air, its nice out there with plenty of tourists in trafalgar square. quite bright and light breeze making it feel mild.

checking the Meteox radar and there is no sign of anything in the near future

just to add; humidity has dropped from 82% to 68% in last two hours :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

John Hammond just made the first mention of thundery showers (INC A LIGHTNING SYMBOL, yay!) across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London "rumbling on into the night"

...considering there's been some fading hope on here, the BBC are gearing towards a risk of thunder now....?????

The air REEKS with onions, lol

Least you can blame the tears of frustration on them then lol

Indeedy, I did think that :lol: V bizarre - have never smelt the onions before, normally its either cabbages or strawberries!

Edited by Harry

Posted

John Hammond just made the first mention of thundery showers (INC A LIGHTNING SYMBOL, yay!) across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London "rumbling on into the night"

...considering there's been some fading hope on here, the BBC are gearing towards a risk of thunder now....?????

no, just John Hammond :lol:

Posted

Harry, i said it before mate. i finish work at 1900 and gaurantee that the moment i walk to charing Cross it will chuck it down :D especially as i didn't bring a jacket to work with me today as it was not cold this morning :lol:

:) @ Maidstone weather

Edited by MAF

Posted

no, just John Hammond :lol:

I have to admit - I am not overly optimistic. Obviously, we have to bear in mind the peak for development will prob be 3-5pm, but then should we get fireworks over the channel we may squeeze imports...like I say am not overly optimistic but am looking for good reason nonetheless :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow you can feel the excitement in here by some of you-good luck anyway.

Very pleasant and warm here today. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, unless it was anaprop, then the 1st meaty shower attempted to cross the channel an hour or two ago, and had the snot kicked out of it by the South Coast Storm Shield

ello? SAT24 looks interesting on the latest loop...CB's & anvils going up in South Wales over the brecon beacons...anyone on the ground confirm this??

Posted

well, unless it was anaprop, then the 1st meaty shower attempted to cross the channel an hour or two ago, and had the snot kicked out of it by the South Coast Storm Shield

ello? SAT24 looks interesting on the latest loop...CB's & anvils going up in South Wales over the brecon beacons...anyone on the ground confirm this??

It looks quite clear on Sat24! Few 'lumps' building nicely across Wales.

Also, I seem to notice the start of a Cu field across Kent/Sussex, noticeable on the last loop on Sat24...anyone else see this? Problem here for me, is the sky is too bright (hazy) to spot any clouds! :D

Met Office do say "..scattered heavy showers will break out in the southeast", so who knows?. I see BBC weather have used the term 'thundery showers' again. It would have been alot more accurate and informative if John Hammond had said 'heavy showers' with the 'possibility of thunderstorms'.

Indeed - he did show a lightning symbol which is a bit more promising :lol:

Edited by Harry

Posted
...Also, I seem to notice the start of a Cu field across Kent/Sussex, noticeable on the last loop on Sat24...anyone else see this?

Problem here for me, is the sky is too bright (hazy) to spot any clouds! :lol:

am watching the Meteox and the cloud is definitely building on the radar. but as you say, its bright in London right now

http://trafficalerts.tfl.gov.uk/microsite/cctvimage.php?siteno=546502&cycle=95

Posted

I'd be watching out for the area between Luxembourg and Paris for any developments. This area has a high CAPE potential and with some CU already building in that area, the general flow will take any developments towards the SE, possibly backbuilding as they do so.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Clouded over here with haze and altocumulus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

nice Cu fields bubbling up nr Salisbury Plain, looks like Ac Cas coming into the SE, Cb's in mid wales, heavy shower over Dartmorr, hell, we even have convection here in the west midlands!...looks like things are coming together nicely for the SE....quick edit, sferic detected on the south coast (sussex), sperious? or associated with Ac Cas build up?

Posted

Cb's Over Wales maybe as a Result of Orographic Lift, dont quite know where the CF Is atm.

As others have stated a CU Field across parts of W Hampshire and Dorset and Destabilisation continues across the English Channel from Le Havre down to the Paris area.

Think main action area should be a lot later as Storms develop from Alt Cas from the WAA Pushing NW Out of France. But Homegrown showers cant be ruled out for the SW Midlands, Wales and other areas along the South Coast in the next 4-5 hours

Paul S

Posted

hi just wondering if the isle of wight has any kind of chance or are we a bit to far west,

im still going to be radar watching thougt, as looks interesting

Edited by Lightningboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Hi all

I am hearing "growling" distant thunder (totally unexpected I might add) just to my South East as I type this. Feeling rather muggy here in St Helier this afternoon... :lol:

Posted

Hi all

I am hearing "growling" distant thunder (totally unexpected I might add) just to my South East as I type this. Feeling rather muggy here in St Helier this afternoon... :lol:

yep, developing thunderstorm just off, to the west of the cherbourg peninsular...If my geography is correct that pretty near you....lightning showing up on NW radar, IOW and meteox

Posted

The Cold Front is just in the Irish Sea from Southern Ireland over the I.O.M and out towards the North of Scotland. Ahead of it is a Occluded front making its way ahead of the CF over Wales, England and South Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

:D

yep, developing thunderstorm just off, to the west of the cherbourg peninsular...If my geography is correct that pretty near you....lightning showing up on NW radar, IOW and meteox

Your geography is spot on... :lol: ... been watching the storm develop on meteox too but it is not sure which way to go at the mo ... place your bets now ...

Posted

Another strike detected near Brighton....once again not sure if its a false return or not...visible & infra-red imagery are showing mid-level Ac or Ac Cas in the area...worth keeping an eye on

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

very large Nimbus clouds exploding towards the South East of here..

Just maybe Oxford later will get a Thundery shower :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Clouds have moved through and sun is out strong again , it's so humid :lol:

Posted

Another strike detected near Brighton....once again not sure if its a false return or not...visible & infra-red imagery are showing mid-level Ac or Ac Cas in the area...worth keeping an eye on

keeping an eye on the lightning chart http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=