Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms And Convective Discussion

Coast

Posted

Dewpoint up to 16.0 DgC in an air temp of 26.4 Dgc now. Just washed the car and I'm wringing wet from exercise and humidity (just like to share that :D ).

Has the right feel for a storm, ACAS filling the sky, so I'm off to have a look on top of the downs for more signs. Lunchtime sounding looks promising for scattered storms:

103250.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Lots of storms across north west france now

Posted

Dewpoint up to 16.0 DgC in an air temp of 26.4 Dgc now. Just washed the car and I'm wringing wet from exercise and humidity (just like to share that :D ).

Oh,you do more than have bbq,s drink excessive amounts of cider,and chase storms around the South Downs then,there is me thinking you had th the life of riley :D 23 c here,dp15 c and sixty two percent RH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storms - Bring it on!!!

You can't post wild things like this westsussex1 lol

Is this a confirmed visual, or growing excitement with anticipation?

Lots of Cu bubbling up here, with grey bases, as expected.

For some reason, I'm not expecting anything, though can feel some excitement brewing.... :D:D

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A beautiful afternoon here with blue skies and some light floating cloud and the temperature has risen to 23C but now I can see some growing towers to my northwest/north direction. Have a lovely pinky-orange tint to them but not quite anvils just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Lots of storms across north west france now

alas, destined to stay away from the UK....I'm looking at the finger of Ac Cas to the north of Paris thats heading straight towards SE counties....NW radar is on the blink at the mo, but looks a good area for development

Posted

Just been out on a trip for an hour, boy is it muggy! Sweating like anything, been a while since I experienced something like today :D

Too much muck in the sky to work out what's what, though we do have some altocu and patchy cumulus but nothing significant at this stage - certainly feels stormy though! :D

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Sat24.com seems to be providing some pretty decent views at the moment.

Can see the CZ setting up nicely, almost precisely where BF highlighted earlier. Not seeing much precip from it at the moment (in fact none) but there is some substantial cloud developing in the vicinity.

NW france indeed looking like a fine place to be at the moment - the action not quite initiating across NE France at the moment, which of course is what we need. Though, all forecasts have pointed to LATER so I suppose I am going to have to be patient :D

Still on the rather humid side, though that is supposed to rise further into the evening and nightime period. Best thing about this time of year, is that as it gets darker that bit quicker, any storms are easier to see without having to stay awake until stupid'o'clock :D On the bad side, its moth and crane fly (daddy long legs) season...if any get in the house tonight (home alone) I am screwed, lol

Edited by Harry

Posted

Humidity at 60% here in C London. which is quite a drop from this morning. set to rise this evening. As you say Harry. the earlier sunset will help. just looking at the webcams (not got windows here in work) and it seems a lot greyer. will pop out in a while to check out the cloud cover

Posted

Looks like something "Might" have popped off NE Of Southampton on the latest radars, anyone down that way confirm or could it be anaprop ??

Paul S

Posted

Looks like something "Might" have popped off NE Of Southampton on the latest radars, anyone down that way confirm or could it be anaprop ??

Paul S

not just there Paul, but there a dots also across other parts of Hampshire/Surrey and Essex

Sat pic seems to be showing a 2nd convergence zone from So'ton up to London and Essex moving eastwards?

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Good altocumulus coming up from the south,south east here

Posted

Oh,you do more than have bbq,s drink excessive amounts of cider,and chase storms around the South Downs then,there is me thinking you had th the life of riley

I do drink the odd G and T as well you know!!!! :yahoo: (but no storm chasing with drinkies)

I've got my storm head now, but I'm concerned that the action in France is not moving North, YET AGAIN :yahoo:

Posted

Trust the forums to go down lol

Storm on the south coast!... Humidity has shot up , hazy landscape aswell :yahoo:

Posted

Trust the forums to go down lol

Storm on the south coast!... Humidity has shot up , hazy landscape aswell :yahoo:

Tell me about it - glad I've got the forum back now.

Something gone boom near the S Coast - have been watching some blooming Cu's to my West. Kaye Forster on the BBC SE weather just said there is a chance of further thundery showers, so too Nick Miller on the National forecast. Nothing too near here, but here's hoping nonetheless...still quite warm and muggy!

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Paul S

looks good Paul, nice line of showers popping up running along whats looks like a CZ running SW To NE, Southampton to London...The 06z NMM has this spot on, just overcooked showery rain over the midlands

Posted

Sky looks ok here , good altocumulus and turreted altocumulus... The trigger is there , someone fire it! :yahoo:

Posted

Another Big cell just exploded to the West of Crawley (Sussex) and another not so big shower getting going to the West of London, these all along the CZ As aj says, with darkness in about 90 minutes this could get interesting!

Paul S

Posted

To my W, still bubbling Cu. Overhead, patches of Ac among the blue sky. To my S and SE however, the sky is so hazy and milky I can't actually see cloud structures at all...sometimes, this is a promising sign :yahoo:

EDIT - I can see the big Cu's over Sussex - has been part of the same line throwing up BIG clouds now for the last couple of hours...I agree Paul, once the sun goes down, this could become more exciting :yahoo:

Edited by Harry