IGNORED

Ramping Thread

Paul

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

capturevw.png

capture2c.png

tuesday looking great for me snow nearly all day if these models are correct could cause major disruption.

Posted

You forgot to look at the snowcover to go with it;

uksnowdepth.png

:ph34r: :ph34r:

always someone who wants to spoil a party however if the charts i had posted were to be true i find it hard to believe the snow depth charts to be accurate but as always i remain optimistic that this will be more than just a south eastern England event as usual on netweather

Posted

head bbc weather saying it could becuse interestingdrinks.gif

u wanna try that post again i couldent make our what u were saying

**Think you should be able to read it now GG**

Cut Stuart some slack please as he needs help on the forum with punctuation from time to time

Edited by P Sherman

Posted

Look at the latest 06Z output from my weather time machine model. These charts are valid on xmas eve 15Z the models say this is what my house will look like, yeah I know........... It's still in FI!

post-6069-12602794403913_thumb.jpg

post-6069-12602794498093_thumb.jpg

Better make sure the cat is in.

:smiliz19:

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted

BBC weather forecaster 1.25pm says "beyond that (this weekend) it gets very interesting...watch this space". First mention I have heard from official sources of something exciting next week

Who was it on the lunchtime? Sounds like something Rob M would say but he normally does late shift.

Posted

Who was it on the lunchtime? Sounds like something Rob M would say but he normally does late shift.

It was John Hammond. He also said on the Radio 4 12.57 news that next week "was looking distinctly wintry"

Posted

The online BBC forecast at 13:57, with Mr Hammond, opened with the statement "Things are about to change, I promise!"

Posted

Best put your Ramps away for now....

swings and roundabouts it was bound to happen. so it still looks like it may snow for north east at the very least a dusting in places and at least we wont be seeing London mayor Boris Johnson slipping on ice :acute:

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

Best put your Ramps away for now....

And within 2 hours, it looks like it's time to whip out those ramps again judging by the pool of saliva in MOD, thanks to the UKMO and the early stages of the ECM!

:drinks:

Posted

Im ready for whatever comes! Loving the latest UKMO and ECM charts just hope GFS will follow suit for a more strong easterly and the formation of an Omega block

Posted

I want to do a major ramp, but I cannot decide what would be better than tonight's ECM and METo runs!!!!

so.............................. :D:):clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::shok: :lol: :p:D:):shok: :lol: :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I want to do a major ramp, but I cannot decide what would be better than tonight's ECM and METo runs!!!!

so.............................. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

The answer to that is probably the coming of the next ice age!drinks.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted

My wife has just said she doesn't understand why we are getting excited as we normally get a couple of cold days at this time of year. I suppose she is right but it is facinating to see the synoptics of next ice age even if they are always just out of reach.

if this carries on thier could be a lot of relationship counseling going up and down the land.

Posted

Having just viewed the 18Z upto T174, i see cold, but not really cold. Granted, colder than the last few weeks, but daytime temps of 4/5 celsius in the south will only give us damp, murky conditions i think.mad.gif

Posted

GFS ensemble's are excellent if not slightly better than the 12z ones. As KW said the operational will have a better handle on the short wave situation being in higher resolution but its great to see the ensembles carrying on the trend towards much colder conditions.

If carlsberg made ensembles they would make them like this !:wallbash:

Posted

I have seen equally as strong patterns go down the drain, the prospects still look good at the moment, but even with good signals I doubt the rollercoaster has even started yet!

Its started :wallbash:

3197147653_fb5978c7e8.jpg