Cold?
IGNORED

Ramping Thread

Paul

Posted

Are we allowed to ramp windspeeds?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=BH31&day=7

I don't think God likes Dorset very much... :lol:

(Oddly, I picked this up off a football forum, with the best quote ever of "I see your 276mph and I raise you my 331mph")

Posted

ECM has lost the plot in the later part of the run, but who cares :lol: RAMPPPPPPPP yahoo.gifyahoo.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Now back to caution :lol:

Simply amazing ECM mate :shok::drunk::cray::D:cray::D:drunk:

Posted

An awe inspiring,belting, stonking, gold plated,diamond encrusted 12z ecm this evening.:drunk::D:drunk::w00t:.........

......:cray:

Posted

A Nation speechless after the latest run....I told a lot of folk today that if there was NO snow on the ground in North Yorkshire at 10.00 am on Friday....I would eat my hat, think I am safe ?? :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

I'd love it if we had untold snow and it brought the UK to a standstill. Getting so excited, but I keep checking the model discussion thread to try and remain realistic.

Posted

well the weather man on BBC last night who i call the story teller of great things to come next week plus i can see the headlines snow brings the UK to a halt in Xmas week. I'm off to get me road salt before it all goes!!! in the panic buying lol

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

An awe inspiring,belting, stonking, gold plated,diamond encrusted 12z ecm this evening.:hi::hi::D:w00t:.........

......:D

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

that's been downgraded big time whistling.gif

Not all that much to be honest, still a fair chance of some good snowfall for most areas at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

An old classic from 'Mr GFS' himslef...Look on the bright side... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

that's been downgraded big time :D

Have a word please mods! :D This is the ramping thread afterall... :D

The synoptics we are seeing now all add up to a classic 70s and early 80s severe cold spell with the build up starting this week with air and ground temperatures gradually falling, laying the foundations for the dumping of snow and major freeze immediately after the foundations have been layed :D And if you haven't witnessed one of these classic set ups and events and think you have seen the best snow ever to fall on the United Kingdom since the "classic era", in the words of Ronald Reagan (I am showing my age now :) ) "you ain't seen nothing yet" :)

Posted

Have a word please mods! :help: This is the ramping thread afterall... :aggressive:

The synoptics we are seeing now all add up to a classic 70s and early 80s severe cold spell with the build up starting this week with air and ground temperatures gradually falling, laying the foundations for the dumping of snow and major freeze immediately after the foundations have been layed :yahoo: And if you haven't witnessed one of these classic set ups and events and think you have seen the best snow ever to fall on the United Kingdom since the "classic era", in the words of Ronald Reagan (I am showing my age now :whistling: ) "you ain't seen nothing yet" :shok:

relax will ya OK i admit it perhaps not for the ramping forum but that model was downcast a bit

Posted

RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT :whistling::cold:

post-2721-12606481834892_thumb.gif

RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT.......RAMP ALERT :whistling::cold:

post-2721-12606482083584_thumb.gif

Posted

Forecast from the Metoffice;

"The cold weather continues with a biting northeasterly wind and some sleet or snow showers. These are likely to be most frequent in eastern parts with the risk of some heavy snow over high ground. Western parts of the UK will be mostly dry and have the best of the sunshine. From Saturday (19th) until Monday (21st) the weather remains cold with overnight frost and some icy surfaces. Further rain, sleet and snow showers are likely in eastern and northeastern parts but with a risk of the wintry weather spreading to many parts of the UK. Breezy at times and feeling very cold in the wind. From Monday (21st) until Boxing Day (26th) it looks like staying cold with further wintry showers."

Updated: 1111 on Sat 12 Dec 2009

Rampers.

Posted

I just mentioned to my wife that there could be blizzards later in the week and having known me for 30 years she just burst out laughing - so much for her faith in my predictions !.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

i can sense an upgrade coming .........

The force is strong with you ??ph34r.gif