Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Not seen a single flake of snow along the Tynemouth - Whitley Bay coast so far. Will the snow get here? Which direction is it coming from? The clouds look like they are blowing in from the north east off the sea.

Posted

Well it's quiet. I do think after this lull that we will get moderate showers until 7pm at least. Conditions getting more favourable for lying snow this afternnon and after dark. I think we'll end up with 2 or 3cm by the time the showers die out.

Currently partly cloudy, Temp 1.8º, Dew point -2.2º

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Nice photo, looks like a similar amount up here in Consett, but it's melting a little now.

There's a nice cluster of showers heading in for this afternoon from the North Sea :lol:

I think this will stick around up here until about this time next week at least.

Posted

Nice photo, looks like a similar amount up here in Consett, but it's melting a little now.

There's a nice cluster of showers heading in for this afternoon from the North Sea :lol:

I think this will stick around up here until about this time next week at least.

Yep although most of them look like they will be heading into Teeside although looks one snow shower is heading this way. Can see the snow reflecting off the sun making a perfect photo for photographers.

First time today where you can class it as sunshine and shower clouds, this morning showers had very few bright spells in between them.

Posted

Staring to snow here again and it should turn heavier in the next few mins, better make the most of this as i do think the showers will die out later as the main instability heads South.

edit: MO has warnings out for Tyne & Wear and Durham for 5-10CM of snow, bit surprising considering i don't expect the showers to amount that much up here. Although after watching the latest forecast from Look North, the graphics don't show the showers dying out until after mid night. Lets hope they are right. :clap:

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

Saturday is guna be our only real chance at a widspread covering.... snow showers still piling it but i fear these will die out later bar the odd stray one, and snow showers currently not hanging around long enough to accumlate very much

Posted

Heavy Snow 1600 Thu 17 0800 Fri 18

Snow showers will become heavy at times and lead to some significant accumulations during Thursday evening and overnight into Friday morning, with 5 to 10 cm expected in places, and as much as 15 cm over some hills.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Darlington

Durham

Hartlepool

Middlesbrough

Redcar + Cleveland

Stockton-on-Tees

Tyne + Wear

Issued at: 1326 Thu 17 Dec

just released....

Edited by SNOW-MAN2006

Posted

A heavy graupel shower leaves another dusting on roofs, grass etc, also some roads and pavements.

Temp 1.2º, Dew point -3.3º

Posted

Temperature steadily dropping now, even in between showers, now at 0.7º, dew point -2.2º, any further showers will accumulate now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Dusting of snow here now, 0.5cm. An interesting cluster of showers over the North Sea on the radar which should make landfall around 6 tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

What do people think about the latest band of showers in the North Sea? I think they'll just about reach me here but it looks very tight. They might pass just to the South of me.

Posted

plenty of showers around here today smile.gif

this morning was a sleety-hail mix bit disappointing really,

then later on started to turn into mainly hail, then snow for a time! smile.gif was a very hefty hail shower around half 12 which then changed to snow, and since then all the showers have been of snow smile.gif struggling to lie on the wet ground but any showers starting to coat the grass, cars and roofs.

hopeing for more showers later on hopefully?

Edited by Andy Sabb

Posted

These showers look like missing the majority of middlesborough north i think.... winds now northerly... and showers have now stopped moving in off the sea, i cant se that big batch of heavy showers hitting anywhere north of midds...

Posted

Seems like you guys up north east are doing better than than the south east so far, those showers coming off the north sea are looking very heavy in nature and with a ENE wind they may well head further inland!!!