Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Moderate snow here!:D

:shok:

I'm down in Jarrow tonight in the rain. Thought about staying home, wish I had now! Is it settling?

Just got drenched walking back from my mates, got back and realised i'd forgot my keys, so had to go back to my mates then back again, I got soaked. There's been some really heavy rain here tonight.

Posted

:shok:

I'm down in Jarrow tonight in the rain. Thought about staying home, wish I had now! Is it settling?

Just got drenched walking back from my mates, got back and realised i'd forgot my keys, so had to go back to my mates then back again, I got soaked. There's been some really heavy rain here tonight.

its clear mark,pressure rising and the temps are dropping away rapidly.

3am looks good for here.

Posted

:yahoo:

There was a big roll of thunder during that shower,i was trying to edit my post when the server went down!

Still a bit of slushy stuff lying on cars and grass.

Posted

There was a big roll of thunder during that shower,i was trying to edit my post when the server went down!

Still a bit of slushy stuff lying on cars and grass.

aye me puter crashed aswell,wondered what that was all about.

Posted

ha ha, we'll prob beat yer to it lol

You'll be pleased to know that it is raining heavily here in the southern lowlands. Still an embarassingly high 3.6º, but it is dropping as the colder air filters south, slow process though!

Posted

Isn't living at 700 feet wonderful?

:yahoo:

Only if you don't look down:lol:

Was suprised to see it snow considering the temps/dewpoints although it was a heavy shower so maybe dragged the freezing level down.

Posted

You'll be pleased to know that it is raining heavily here in the southern lowlands. Still an embarassingly high 3.6º, but it is dropping as the colder air filters south, slow process though!

raining quite heavy again here now, looks like we'll have to wait abit longer yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Neil Bradshaw's site is around 4C at the moment after hovering at 5-6C prior to this cluster of showers:

http://www.southshields-weather.co.uk/Today%27s_weather.htm

From tomorrow evening I'll be back in Cleadon and will be able to provide updates directly from my own AWS. (Edit: regarding the questions about Dec 2005 I realise I'd forgotten to upload the 2005 files to my website- have done now, but still have 2006 and 2007 to do).

Looks like just rain at the coast from what I can see.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

Still rain here although now down to 3.3º

A shame really because we've had 6mm rain this evening, I never expected that much - a waste!

Posted

Still rain here although now down to 3.3º

A shame really because we've had 6mm rain this evening, I never expected that much - a waste!

Temp is 0.8 up near consett according to that traffic cam link.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Temps and dewpoints are looking much better up on the higher ground than down here.

Here in Jarrow it's 3.7C, up at Medomsley near Consett the temp is 0.8C with a DP of 0.2C.

Should be snow up there I would have thought, I would expect to find some in the morning when I drive up to Consett for work.

EDIT: Just what I was looking at Cloud 10

http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather/rwisMap.jsp?client=19

Thanks for posting that link the other day.

Posted

Well I'm at 3.3º and 3 miles up the road at Redworth the traffic cam says 1.7º. Quite a difference although Redworth is rural.

Posted

The temperature has been going down quicker in showers and rises under clear sky. I was down to 3.2 under rain, now 3.4.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The temperature has been going down quicker in showers and rises under clear sky. I was down to 3.2 under rain, now 3.4.

Hmm, that kind of thing tends to happen mainly near the coast overnight. South Shields is staying at 4C by the looks of it, but that's probably being affected by the shower activity over there- a rise to 5C may occur in a subsequent clear interval. Actually some of these temps are lower than I'd expected by this time- some inland parts of the region could wake up to an unexpected snow cover tomorrow morning, though I think we will mainly be looking at wet snow inland and sleet at the coast first thing.

Posted

Interestingly showers are heading towards Norwich now- just as I'm going to bed lol! Looks like there's a clear slot to come for Tyne & Wear/Durham in behind the latest batch of showers.