Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 2

Posted

If it was Deakin that read that forecast he won't have liked it I bet! :lol: I appreciate that a lot of people do worry about cold winter weather (I should, given that I'm a wheelchair user), but I do grind my teeth when, in the midst of midwinter mucky zonality, he or Jay Wynne or Darren Bett says "it'll be nice and mild". :D

Due to the latest 'Severe Weather Warning' from the MetO for the Croydon Borough, I expect the forecaster to upgrade the snow potential.

Yes it looks as though the East Kent contingent have really benefitted from this Cold surface Air-

Temps here around -1C sky Clear-

Go outside & feel how cold it is at -1/-2

Heres the Max temps for Sunday according to the updated 18z!!!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1144.gif :lol:

& a huge easterly reload at 150- that would be a turn up!!!!!!

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfsnh-0-150.png?18

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Due to the latest 'Severe Weather Warning' from the MetO for the Croydon Borough, I expect the forecaster to upgrade the snow potential.

is that an upgrade for tommorows potential??? or thurs/fri????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Is my weather station faulty?

Everyone seems to be reporting relatively mild temps.

Here in Ashford, Kent, its -2.9 Deg C, dewpoint is well below freezing!

Me too. I've got -2.9 ° C and the dewpoints are –3 ° C. BBC out by a degree.

Re: the BBC perhaps it's too embarrassing to report old-style seasonal weather when Copenhagen is reaching its climax and they've sent over 100 people over there to cover it.

I've got 'Light snow showers' for Friday. Oh yeah? With N Sea convection happening and a NE'ly wind? I don't think so.

Posted

Sorry to sound hostile, but we're not saying it's going to be like February. Anyway, we had less then than you lot did. :lol:

And here in the(un)frozen North we had even les than you. Was most disappointing. I went to Norwich and was amazed by how much snow was lying on the ground there. At home we had less than 1cm (most of which turned to mush very quickly)

Posted

Wow

All your temps are well below freezing, is the SE Essex area the only area with positive values ?? Anyone else out here in EA Or SE Got + Temps :lol:

Posted

We got virtually no snow at all in Feb down here in Shoeburyness. It turned to sleet very quickly and melted anything that had fallen, so while everyone else was knee-deep in the stuff we didn't even have a covering. :lol:

Hi Blackie,

If it goes the same way again, shall you and I start an East Anglian Cold whinging thread? :lol:

Posted

Can someone give me a quick run down of the immediate on the 18z please??

Really don't want to go on model thread as it gets quite confusing in there, with alot of bickering

i have 1c and a dew point of -2.7

Edited by donna-m

Posted

FEB 2009 was Utterly awful for here , it just grazed the northern counties and went straight down the thames!. We really DO NOT want that to happen , it would be far better if it streamed INTO the south east so many more people will have a good time. I'm not being biased here , but the 2009 event was very very localised :w00t:

that's 3 of us complaining about Feb, soon have a thrad going :lol:

Make that 4 :lol:

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Wow

All your temps are well below freezing, is the SE Essex area the only area with positive values ?? Anyone else out here in EA Or SE Got + Temps :lol:

Still got 1.1 here in shoebury.

Edited by michelle

Posted

Wow

All your temps are well below freezing, is the SE Essex area the only area with positive values ?? Anyone else out here in EA Or SE Got + Temps :drinks:

*Note to self: Get that weather station you got for Christmas 3 years ago out of its box and stick it up in the garden somewhere!*

According to the xcweather site, Shoebury is +1C for both temp and dewpoint, Paul. Just looked outside and definitely no frost, unlike last night. So, yes, the tropical SE corner of Essex is keeping up its annoying tradition... :drinks:

And yes, I take your earlier point about 1987. That was a bit special, too. I remember breaking off 3ft icicles from the gutter outside the bathroom window to stop them from breaking off and spearing the postman! Ah, them were the days. Sigh..

Ps - Paul, did you see my PM earlier?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

-1.4C and dropping very slowly here.

Was -2.0C at around 7pm, but for some reason the temperature rose slowly for a couple of hours. Even still, should be very cold by dawn before the rain/sleet/snow band arrives.

I'm 15 miles as the crow flies from the coast, so I usually do well from convectional showers off the North Sea, yet i'm still far enough inland to get some very low nightime minima, especially with snow cover. Can quite easily get down to -7C/-8C when snow is laying under clear skies.

I'm hoping for the first negative double figure temperature here since i've been weather watching (about 7 years), have come very close in the past.

Posted

Not sure if my weather station is playing up but I am getting -1.8 but have cloud cover, it seems all around have clear skies.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

That national forecast was AWFUL!

How can it change that much in what 4hrs? , it had NO snow over the south east even on friday..

I'll say it again the computer graphics used on the bbc are CRAP! :drinks::):drinks:

Posted

So the front tomorrow is delayed further, not due until the early evening hours here now :drinks:

Doesn't look that potent either, just a few flurries at best!

Neil I mentioned about the massive downgrade on their lower resolution earlier! It will change come tomorrow morning. :drinks:

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Beeb forecast was a peach - chance of heavy, disruptive snow Thursday and Friday!

Oh of course and some flurries tomorrow.

Edited by ribster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Neil I mentioned about the massive downgrade on their lower resolution earlier! It will change come tomorrow morning. :drinks:

For the good or worse?