Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Cold Spell Discussion 2

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Not to worry, our westness will give us good snow showers tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Tomorrow pretty good, mught be a bit mariginal with temperatures at 2-3C but it should deliver

Posted

IS it not sHowing in Liverpool? (sorry aboout my spelling I cant put my contacts in yet)

Posted

Ahhh, no snow for you then :) I'm sure youll see some before you go

Posted

I dont think so, I suppose Manchester could get one or two flurries, but then again Greater Manchester could benefit, particularly the southern areas

I have the warmest temperature in the entire region now! -0.5C currently

Posted

I don't think I remember a NW flow where I haven't seen snow, last time a setup was like this was Xmas day I think in 2005 where it was a white Christmas with around 2 inches of snow falling in a couple of hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Latest from Alex Deakin on the bbc said for today for NW england away from the coast

That front due in the region about 1800

For Sunday heavey snow showers feeding through the cheshire gap

And quote we are keeping a close eye on the situation

BTW Current temp at Mn Airport is -4c with a DP -5

Areas affected most Greater Manchester,Liverpool,CHESHIRE,N Wales,Derbyshire

C.S

Posted

The 6z gfs has increased the extend of the warm sector even more! I think this evening's weather front will be a disappointment for many areas apart from the high ground.

Tommorow is looking good but as we have to rely on showers,they can be hit and miss.

Karyo

Posted

Well its already going to go buggery ho here as Im the first one in central England to reach above 0C currently 0.1C and the dewpoint is following close behind so rain is assured!

Posted

MornIng NW'rs, from the latest BBC forecast

Looks like the M6 is a rough guide for Saturdays rain/snow line.

Sunday looks good from about 12 onwards for a solid spell upto late evening for all areas, poss not much further south than Knutsford

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

still got -2c here was down to -6c when i was on my way home from work in Liverpool about two hours ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

MornIng NW'rs, from the latest BBC forecast

Looks like the M6 is a rough guide for Saturdays rain/snow line.

Sunday looks good from about 12 onwards for a solid spell upto late evening for all areas, poss not much further south than Knutsford

Morning CC

The more southern areas of the region would catch most of those snow Showers with a NW wind

Cheshire Gap effect will come into play Sunday as for this evening i guess its eyes to the sky and see

What falls

C.S

Posted

Well its already going to go buggery ho here as Im the first one in central England to reach above 0C currently 0.1C and the dewpoint is following close behind so rain is assured!

Do you have a westerly flow already?

Karyo

Posted

Well im in work in Irlam. Felt cold on the way in just been out for a ciggy and it actually felt abit colder??? Im see clouds rolling in from the west coast, no doubt these will warm the temps abit.

Maybe clutching at straws here but if that front doesnt arrive untill 18:00 temps might possibly be low enough for snow??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well there appears to be a lot of doom and gloom this morning and I'm not entirely sure why as it's still -2oC, there are the beginnings of some cloud cover over the moors and certainly the forecast for here is a slight upgrade over the next 48-60 hours rather than the downgrades being bandied about

chins up and lets see what comes :lol::)

Posted

I think it looks ok for the whole region tomorrow not just the South of the area. We never fail to get showers out of a NW airflow here, but going on what has happened up to now we will probably be avoided tomorrow :( For the people in the West of the region tonight, look at what the weather is doing in Lancaster/Morecambe area. Its a safe bet if it snows there then it will be snowing up to the coast down here. Looking at the radar on rain today though i think this represents what will happen tonight here. Snow inland, sleety mix towards the coast.