Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Cold Spell Discussion 2

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Maybe Sleety at first then im pretty sure it would be snow for you. Dont forget when the band of ppn hits it will come with a swathe of -5 to -10 hpa and dew points will tumble to 0 and below so id be very supreised if you dont see some decent snowfall tomorrow mate !.

Thanks man! :D

Just under minus 2 here. Bearing in mind it's only half 6 with another 13 hours of cooling! -1.8c :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Thanks man! :)

Just under minus 2 here. Bearing in mind it's only half 6 with another 13 hours of cooling! -1.8c :)

:D Why am I colder than you, its -3.3c now here in Southport!!!

Edited by chris93

Posted

Lol just watched the bbc weather and found it extremely amusing watching the snow on the chart come down across the north west and then it was like the parting of the waves around the Cheshire snow-shield!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Thanks man! :)

Though it does tend to slow down after midnight on occassions like these, but it's still going to be pretty damn cold!

Currently -4.8°C here  :D

Posted

Maybe Sleety at first then im pretty sure it would be snow for you. Dont forget when the band of ppn hits it will come with a swathe of -5 to -10 hpa and dew points will tumble to 0 and below so id be very supreised if you dont see some decent snowfall tomorrow mate !.

So glad to read your replies to Backtrack as Runcorn is not far south of me and I'm living in hope that we get some of his snow first!

Don't know what the temp here is at present, except it's freezing!!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Lol just watched the bbc weather and found it extremely amusing watching the snow on the chart come down across the north west and then it was like the parting of the waves around the Cheshire snow-shield!!

ukpaneltemp.png

ukprec.png

h850t850eu.png

Hi Louise, thats the beauty of of being able to read the models and of course Net weather, becuase you can work out for yourself the chances on here.

On the basis of the charts above if you dont see snow by the early hours of sunday morning then I will happily chew through the power cable connected to my pc laugh.gif

Posted

Yeah, get over it hahaha!

I think from what ive just seen on Northwest tonight, it will start as rain in most places, turning to snow on the back end leading to a snowy Sunday. I think like all snow situations tho its suck and see. If it snows the yay if not then it will still be cold. :rolleyes:

Posted

I seriously doubt South Liverpool, Halton, Cheshire will see much of this. It's a pretty fair bet the wind swings to the NW and smacks into North Wales with sleetiness on the west coast. Unless a polar low magically appears just cant see it producing anything regardless what the GFS says (If your on High Ground either further South, North Wales or Pennines excepted)

Northlies produce far more in the way of snow for my region.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Err BBC weather got no snow or rain for sunday instead its saturday????

Saturday night into sunday, but it being more showers (hit and miss) sunday.

I will note that they are not as perky about talking about our snow chances as they were when a certain other part of the country had a forcast of snow :yahoo:

I seriously doubt South Liverpool, Halton, Cheshire will see much of this. It's a pretty fair bet the wind swings to the NW and smacks into North Wales with sleetiness on the west coast. Unless a polar low magically appears just cant see it producing anything regardless what the GFS says (If your on High Ground either further South, North Wales or Pennines excepted)

Northlies produce far more in the way of snow for my region.

Strange, the more northerly it is the less it should affect your area and be increasing confined to north Wales.

Then again, the number of times people bang on about the Cheshire gap - I live smack in the middle of it and can barely ever remember it producing much wintry weather here, but plenty of rain.

Posted

Though it does tend to slow down after midnight on occassions like these, but it's still going to be pretty damn cold!

Currently -4.8°C here :cold:

A.. well warm compared to everywhere else, -2.4c

Posted

The all important airport METARS come in handy

Manchester airport

long-TAF: EGCC 181702Z 1818/1924 32006KT 9999 SCT020 PROB40 1821/1910 6000 BECMG 1915/1918 23010KT 7000 RASN BKN010 PROB30 TEMPO 1922/1924 3000 SN BKN004 BECMG 1922/1924 9999 NSW SCT020

Liverpool airport

long-TAF: EGGP 181702Z 1818/1918 34008KT 9999 FEW030 PROB40 1821/1908 6000 PROB30 TEMPO 1903/1908 7000 -SHSN BECMG 1910/1913 26010KT BECMG 1916/1918 23010KT 7000 -RASN BKN014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

The all important airport METARS come in handy

Manchester airport

long-TAF: EGCC 181702Z 1818/1924 32006KT 9999 SCT020 PROB40 1821/1910 6000 BECMG 1915/1918 23010KT 7000 RASN BKN010 PROB30 TEMPO 1922/1924 3000 SN BKN004 BECMG 1922/1924 9999 NSW SCT020

Liverpool airport

long-TAF: EGGP 181702Z 1818/1918 34008KT 9999 FEW030 PROB40 1821/1908 6000 PROB30 TEMPO 1903/1908 7000 -SHSN BECMG 1910/1913 26010KT BECMG 1916/1918 23010KT 7000 -RASN BKN014

lookin good?

Posted

-7.1C here, so could possibly break the -10C barrier tonight. And this is with just a dusting of snow. If we get some over the weekend, then perhaps even lower could be possible?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

-5.1C here, approaching the coldest temperature for 13 years

Posted

-5.1C here, approaching the coldest temperature for 13 years

A mere -2.5c here Stephen.

Can I expect anything wintry for tomorrow?