Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

You see, for around here, I dont hold much hope for snow in the current projections.

Easterly - ppn rarely makes it this far west

Northerly - ppn gets absorbed by the pennies and peaks

N/W - We seem to be too far east for the ppn

Of course, we see snow, but it takes a good set up for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

In Hinckley we are right on the edge of this band. We have had some snow but very light looks like icing sugar on the gound. I can see the band of cloud moving past and we are just on the very edge, its so frustrating. Just spoke to my mother in Market Harborough and its snowing heavily and settling fast.

Temp here fluctuating between 0c and 0.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

drinks.gif

good news folks...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/wm_forecast_warnings.html

Met Office have extended their weather warning to the west midlands for sunday :)

I think it is becoming increasingly likely we will get quite a feed of heavy showers on Sunday. Some could see snow for much of the day. :lol:

Posted

Back to blue skies :p

Don't think we are going to get anything to speak of out of this.......please tell me I'm wrong.

So pleased for all of you who have snow, enjoy, and keep posting because even if we miss out its fantastic to hear of those of you who have snow :D

Edited by chapmanraven

Posted

Really that is great news as its snowing here now but only light so hopefully that`ll come to me as i`m not that far from rugby smile.gif

where abouts are you Eugene?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Back to blue skies wallbash.gif

Don't think we are going to get anything to speak of out of this.......please tell me I'm wrong.

So pleased for all of you who have snow, enjoy, and keep posting because even if we miss out its fantastic to hear of those of you who have snow clap.gif

Yes just a few flakes here as well.I am watching the dark clouds to the South East of the sky moving by towards the direction of Coventry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Looks like we about to get a top up to the 4cm that fell this morning. Sod's law as I have just cleared the path 100' to my office at the bottom of the garden. Snow gently falling under sunny skies, it doesn't get much better with xmas decorations up and carols playing in the office with warm mince pies.

Posted

Looks like we about to get a top up to the 4cm that fell this morning. Sod's law as I have just cleared the path 100' to my office at the bottom of the garden. Snow gently falling under sunny skies, it doesn't get much better with xmas decorations up and carols playing in the office with warm mince pies.

getting darker and getting heavier.

Posted

looks like ive misssed the snow by about 5miles, maybe a little to come on saturday (2cms) other than that not alot to come in the future :) still its only december.

Posted

A few flakes starting to fall here in Banbury now.

The main band of snow is just to the north of here and heading this way. :)

Posted

Why issue a warning fro Leicester at 11.45 when the Snow ahs cleared South or are they expecting more ?

East Midlands:

Leicester

Heavy Snow Fri 18 Dec

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of eastern and southern England. Snow showers may give local accumulations of 5 cm, with perhaps 10 cm on hills. Some drifting snow is also possible.

Issued at: 1145 Fri 18 Dec

Posted

Why issue a warning fro Leicester at 11.45 when the Snow ahs cleared South or are they expecting more ?

East Midlands:

Leicester

Heavy Snow Fri 18 Dec

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of eastern and southern England. Snow showers may give local accumulations of 5 cm, with perhaps 10 cm on hills. Some drifting snow is also possible.

Issued at: 1145 Fri 18 Dec

Think there referring to the snow showers north east of us, cant see them getting anywhere near us though as they seem to die out before they get anywhere near atm.

Don't worry fellow west midlanders our best chance comes saturdays night onwards, east warwickshire has done quite well out of this i`m just slightly too far west, still had a few heavy snow showers though and on roofs/on grass it is lovely and white still and very cold so no complaints from me with more snow risk to come for the west midlands :)

Posted

looks like ive misssed the snow by about 5miles, maybe a little to come on saturday (2cms) other than that not alot to come in the future :) still its only december.

We have another cloud edge over us now. Might get about 10 flakes from it :)

I'm right on the edge of Hinckley near the longshoot, where abouts are you?

Posted

Think there referring to the snow showers north east of us, cant see them getting anywhere near us though as they seem to die out before they get anywhere near atm.

do you actually know why they tend to fizzle out ? You'd think they would drive inland considering the wind direction

Posted

sorry if this as already been posted

West Midlands:

Shropshire

Staffordshire

Stoke-on-Trent

Telford + Wrekin

W Midlands

Heavy Snow Sun 20 Dec

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of north and western Scotland, areas of Northern Ireland, parts of the West Midlands, northwest England and northern Wales on Sunday. Heavy snow showers may give accumulations of 2-5cm and there is a risk of 10 to 15cm over hills.

Issued at: 1156 Fri 18 Dec

Posted

We have another cloud edge over us now. Might get about 10 flakes from it :acute:

I'm right on the edge of Hinckley near the longshoot, where abouts are you?

town center pretty much, cnt believe how close we are. :)

post-6740-1261138525472_thumb.png