Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Don't worry fellow west midlanders our best chance comes saturdays night onwards, east warwickshire has done quite well out of this i`m just slightly too far west, still had a few heavy snow showers though and on roofs/on grass it is lovely and white still and very cold so no complaints from me with more snow risk to come for the west midlands smile.gif

cant wait for tomorrow night! yahoo.gif i'll be on a night shift tho and being a senior care worker i wont have my computer with me dry.gif

Posted

Heavy snow is forecast here for Saturday night, so looking good for this weekend.

At the moment the snow is fizzling out just as it reaches here, as we are just on the leading edge of the main band

Should get more intense later if the band holds current path.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

town center pretty much, cnt believe how close we are. :acute:

post-6740-1261138525472_thumb.png

I've been watching the radar, the snow comes so close only to fade out or swing away from us.

Here's a link to the radar I've been using. Double click on the map to zoom in to our area. Make sure you have your tissues handy to mop up the tears.

http://uk.weather.co...rad&title=Radar

Posted

Heavy snow is forecast here for Saturday night, so looking good for this weekend.

At the moment the snow is fizzling out just as it reaches here, as we are just on the leading edge of the main band

Should get more intense later if the band holds current path.

do u think it will? god i hope u r right! im so impatient and i want to see some more snow before sat night if we get any sat night of course

Posted

post-6740-12611390382017_thumb.png

East warwickshire has done as poorly as everyone else in the midands so far. So close but so far lol typical.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Its a beautiful crisp day here in Penkridge, Staffs....a few clouds, but very nice....very cold though, still a snow dusting left from yesterday....I for one, am not whining unlike others due to lack of snow, just enjoying the break from all gloomy, drizzly crud we've had to put up with for what seems like forever!

Posted

Heavy thick snow flakes in Wellingborough right now!

Heading this way to Banbury for late afternoon hopefully.

image3ao.jpg

Edited by xanadu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Very heavy snow at NN3, staff getting twitchy, have heard that roads are becoming horrendous in east northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Latest BBC Charts show all snow for us tomorrow night. Any rain/sleet will be out towards West wales.

Posted

Very heavy snow at NN3, staff getting twitchy, have heard that roads are becoming horrendous in east northants

Your looking to be in a good spot for a couple hours of snow should it not break up.

Posted

dusting of snow in cheltenham, really was not expecting that, lovely to see though :), havent been on here for well over a year so its great to see and remember the old timers still inputting

i just assumed it stopped and havent checked for 10 minutes and it must of just carried on falling as it looks a whole much more whiter out there

Edited by artic*blizzard*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Very heavy snow at NN3 barely see across the field which is about 200' wide, snow starting to settle on my salted path. Temp 0.1c and dewpoint -2.1c northerly breeze

Posted

Very heavy snow at NN3 barely see across the field which is about 200' wide, snow starting to settle on my salted path. Temp 0.1c and dewpoint -2.1c northerly breeze

These showers seem to becoming more intense.

Posted

Ditto NN8 (Wellingborough)

Methinks the A45 is going to be troublesome this afternoon!

Posted

post-6740-12611434646752_thumb.png

The 12z will be interesting on the nmm model as we will be able to see what it predicts in terms of intensity for our region, jan2004 event would be good. The nmm is spot on with things today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

post-6740-12611434646752_thumb.png

The 12z will be interesting on the nmm model as we will be able to see what it predicts in terms of intensity for our region, jan2004 event would be good. The nmm is spot on with things today.

Is that all the band is going to be? Looks crap :lol:

Thought it was going to be much bigger than that. It steams through aswell, will pass through in about an hour leaving a few cm's, oh joy :lol:

Posted

Yeah, would be nice to have some heavy snow showers over what would already have fallen. The frontal bands during Saturday evening and into Sunday should be rather shortlived, and I think if here was to get 4", I'd count myself lucky! Saying that, the GFS does predict quite a bit of precip so the snow will be heavy, or even very heavy for a time.

Looking forward to it all anyway, and we're only in December too!

thats the key for me, the fact it is so early on the season, its so nice and crisp outside today, plenty of frost, and frozen puddles, lovely for going for walks. 4 inches would be very lucky, but if we woke up to a good 5cm/2 inches covering it would be perfect, and given that temperatures could stay suppressed, and hopefully dewpoints, maybe it means it has a chance of sticking round? other potential things to look for in the coming days are the possibilities of showers maybe penetrating some way inland on sunday, and maybe tuesday, where rain could turn to snow, as per the beeb forecasts? a look to look out for imho, and it should keep this forum busy, whether the snow comes into fruition or not. its the season :yahoo:

Is that all the band is going to be? Looks crap :)

Thought it was going to be much bigger than that. It steams through aswell, will pass through in about an hour leaving a few cm's, oh joy :lol:

better than nothing, and the nmm will be able to predict things more accurately later.

Posted

Is that all the band is going to be? Looks crap :lol:

Thought it was going to be much bigger than that. It steams through aswell, will pass through in about an hour leaving a few cm's, oh joy :yahoo:

Lol you sound a tad annoyed over missing outt on loads of snow by just a few miles like i av lol.

As for saturday i think itl be 5-10cms, 10 if you hit some of the heaviest precip. Id also go for 2 hours of snow. Should be fun to watch i prefer heavy snow even if it doesnt last as long than light snow all day.