Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I'm in South Norwood just North of Croydon and it's definitly rain here, not even sleet :lol:

Posted

Had about five mins rain so far, think and hope its the prelude to snow

Posted

well looking at the nw radar we should have been in at least heavy rain for the last 20 mins....light sleet ????????????????????????

Posted

Light snow here, now waiting for the slightly heavier stuff to come down, I expect another couple of cms possibly from this.

I would say we have had that and some already tonight in Norwich - best so far. Any ideas how big a piece this PPN is?

Posted

well looking at the nw radar we should have been in at least heavy rain for the last 20 mins....light sleet ????????????????????????

Very wet snow turned to cold rain in London nw10. Hoping it will pep up and turn to snow but not sure it will

Posted

lol... absolutly bucking it down with rain... amazing what the warmth of london can do :lol: the remaining snow on ground is now quickly dissapearing.. sorry guys south of me but unless you live up on biggin hill.. it looks like rain im afraid :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Here in Mid Essex, still moderate/heavy snow, temperature steady at 0.5C. Let's hope the rain affecting East London doesn't come this way!!!

Posted

lol... absolutly bucking it down with rain... amazing what the warmth of london can do :rolleyes: the remaining snow on ground is now quickly dissapearing.. sorry guys south of me but unless you live up on biggin hill.. it looks like rain im afraid :unsure:

NNNNNNnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

yeah started snowing again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi lupiejan,

If you look at the reports of rain they're mostly from London Boroughs or close to the river.

Hopefully with colder air undercutting, the trend should be to snow but cant see more than 1cm at most here, if that!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

I am looking at rain today and in one frame it has turned from snow to rain lol this is really funny as the red bit heading for me has gone grey indicating sleet with a blue bit mixed in which is rain. Sahme have watched the snow move down the country and thought yessss we get it again but sadly it is not going to be the case never mind there is always next time lol Can't help but smile though.

Posted

Nice big snow flakes here right now, not too heavy mind you but the front seems to be weakenig almost as quickly as it pepped up at the moment, in the meantime its powering up west of London near Reading instead.

Odd how its raining in Gravsend, I'd suspect it probably has something to do with the wind direction being onshore making it just the wrong side of marginal whilst here we've got land to our north which is keeping it just the rigbt side of marginal.

Posted

EA could get a further dusting from those line of showers behind the main band. This main band though might well be slowing down and once the cold air cuts in...snow for everyone I hope. Interesting to see what it does as it passes over the north sea on its way to North Kent