Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Still holding as wet snow here, noticed the wind has turned to come from the east. Although a very light wind its surely better than the sse we had!

Laying on the cars but sliding down the window. From rain to wet snow in a few hours is going the right way. 1C more drop and i'll be in for a good dump by the look of the radar!

I got a good feeling about this one! always the unexpected brings the best!

Sleeting here.

I really thought it would be just snow. Oh well..

Im 200asl here, so people in cambs and home counties dont be to confident just yet.

Posted

Still bitterly cold here with temps of -2C, DPs -3C as of 13.30.

Amazing that I haven't seen any thawing of my snow since it fell on Thurs night.

Posted

Hello,

Has anyone got an idea what I might get in MK ?

I'm getting conflicting forecasts depending on who's you look at. At the moment there is quite heavy cloud cover, it has increased all morning as we started with blue sky and sunshine. No sure about temps etc but it still feels pretty chilly to me and the snow/ice we already have hasn't melted much.

Sorry I'm not very good on the technical stuff but very interested and hope to learn more on here !

Hello fellow MKer :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It's the first time we have gone above freezing here since Friday! 1oC - any heavy ppn might pull down the temps tho and turn it more to snow/sleet but time will tell - wont be here till a bit later on, so fingers crossed!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Amazing that I haven't seen any thawing of my snow since it fell on Thurs night.

Same in Ipswich no thaw at all, although Im now concerned it has hit 1oC outside! 0oC dewpoint. First time since Friday we been above freezing...aarrghh :oops:

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Torrential rain here has now turned to hail and is settling on cars.

Posted

Sleeting here.

Im 200asl here, so people in cambs and home counties dont be to confident just yet.

i did think your confidence was a little strong Archie. it might be snow up in Shenly though and i think if the intensity increases, it could turn to snow. though its going to be the wet variety so if it does, it'll be unpleasant.

Sleet here. Im only 7 miles south of you

It seems to be warmer to the east of the system at the moment. High Wycombe, etc all have heavy snow, whereas places similiarly north but further east such as you seem to have sleety rain. Rather unfortunate. Certainly borderline! Wonder what we'll get here in the middle..

Posted

i did think your confidence was a little strong Archie. it might be snow up in Shenly though and i think if the intensity increases, it could turn to snow. though its going to be the wet variety so if it does, it'll be unpleasant.

Sleet here in St. Albans bluearmy! Fun fun fun!:oops:

Posted

Sleeting here.

I'm surprised you have sleet, I'm not that far away and at lower altitude but have heavy snow here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

If this rain swings up your way you will get a good top up. Started raining at 11.00 and still raining.

Posted

It seems to be warmer to the east of the system at the moment. High Wycombe, etc all have heavy snow, whereas places similiarly north but further east such as you seem to have sleety rain. Rather unfortunate. Certainly borderline! Wonder what we'll get here in the middle..

That is very unfortunate.

This is really borderline.

Friend tells me its sleeting in St albans as well. Even with St Albans having some elevation. This really is Soaking rain - 10 miles up the road heavy snow stuff.

Posted

That is very unfortunate.

This is really borderline.

Friend tells me its sleeting in St albans as well. Even with St Albans having some elevation. This really is Soaking rain - 10 miles up the road heavy snow stuff.

Yup sleet here.......

Which has stopped, nothing now.:oops:

Posted

Yep, raining in Mid Sussex with a thick layer of Slush-Puppy everywhere on the ground. Just concerned that if this lot freezes tonight, the SE will stage the biggest ever live 'Dancing on Ice' contest. :oops: