Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Moderate rain falling. Odd snow flake.

Areas to the south of me are in blizzard conditions, quite extraordinary!

archie, its the sw of you which is the crucial bit. due south of you i dont believe there is any sig snowfall. if the kink edges more ene, the precip will prob become more wintry. if it heads ne or sorse still n, then you'll have to wait for any white stuff by which time your current snow will have turned to slush !!

Posted

archie, its the sw of you which is the crucial bit. due south of you i dont believe there is any sig snowfall. if the kink edges more ene, the precip will prob become more wintry. if it heads ne or sorse still n, then you'll have to wait for any white stuff by which time your current snow will have turned to slush !!

Any time limits on any of this bluearmy?

Posted

Hi All

Been lurking lots but thought I better recover my password and post! In Hertford, Herts here. Have not had any snow at all this morning, just a teeny bit of light sleet/rain. Hoping for more!

Edited by Emma

Posted

I Know it is the shortest day but at this rate we are going to be in darkness by 3pm instead of 4pm at this rate. Street lights starting to come on in C London :winky:

Posted

Any time limits on any of this bluearmy?

if the metoffice dont have a clue, what chance us mere mortals !!!! sorry saint - the best you can do is watch the radar and look out of the window. the precip does seem to have slowed its progress significantly with its northerly push.

Posted

biggrin.gif

Sleet to splodges!!!???? I found that entertaining BB!:lol:

if the metoffice dont have a clue, what chance us mere mortals !!!! sorry saint - the best you can do is watch the radar and look out of the window. the precip does seem to have slowed its progress significantly with its northerly push.

True true.......

Any ideas what will happen for the coming week?(As I have not a clue!)

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

icey rain/ sleet here temp has dropped from 1.7c to 1c in the last hour.

Edited by MikeStanton

Posted

Sleet to splodges!!!???? I found that entertaining BB!laugh.gif

True true.......

Any ideas what will happen for the coming week?(As I have not a clue!)

Lol but seriously the rain has turned to sleety snowy rain and the temp has decreased. Also the met office mentions rain and sleet turning to snow leaving some accumulations. :lol:

Posted

I think the lighter precip will fall as rain but as the heavier bursts arrive the precip has left time to melt as it falls so is snow/sleet. Temp here steady at 1.4c, unsure of dew point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Lol but seriously the rain has turned to sleety snowy rain and the temp has decreased. Also the met office mentions rain and sleet turning to snow leaving some accumulations. smile.gif

The METO need to mention splodges as clearly this not a word but we all Know what you mean. Then just for once they would be accurate!

Posted

Really coming down for the last few hours now. After a few cm of slippy slush on the roads/pavements they are all now turning white. This is looking like it could be the best snowfall we've seen in this area so far!!!

Posted

I cannot believe how rapid the thaw is today.

For the first time since Thursday afternoon, I can now see some of the tarmac on my road. :lol:

Posted

Very strange,

2 hours ago, temperature 1.6 Dewpoint -0.6

now Temperature -0.9 Dewpoint -3.1

Both readings were taken when the temperature sensor was in shadow, so the first reading shouldn't be affected by sun. I thought I had no chance of anything following the first reading, but now?? I think I'm just confused, as I was fairly certain I was on the wrong, mild side, but maybe not.

Anyway Radar Watching this evening, assuming no more power cuts. The engineers from EDF are outside the house as I speak, completing a repair that blacked us out for a while last night. Interestingly, they had someone here to fix teh problem within 90 minutes and power restored by 150 minutes, so I have no complaints.

Posted

I think the lighter precip will fall as rain but as the heavier bursts arrive the precip has left time to melt as it falls so is snow/sleet. Temp here steady at 1.4c, unsure of dew point.

i'm in west sussex, not much above sea level and just 12 miles inland from the south coast i.e. worthing. amid the rain, sleet and soft hail we've just had some fresh snow, which settled.

Edited by WestSussexSnowperson

Posted

Thats probably the demarkation between the colder and milder upper air temps, if the forecast by the ukmo is right then the ribbon of precip near the Isle of Wight will grind to a halt as the front portion of the front heads nw, it's all very messy and borderline which is quite typical in these situations.

Been snowing moderately/heavily in central north Hampshire for the last two hours. It was very wet at first but now is beginning to lie well even at low levels (250 ft) - about 1" currently. On the higher hills there is up to 4" of fresh snow.

Posted

First rain, then sleet, now more or less snow here in Burnham south Bucks (just west of Slough). Very wet snow though, not sure if it's actually helping the lying snow to melt here to be honest. But at least I can see some lumpy snow falling during the day for a change!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Sleety stuff here.

But what about SPLODGES, Have you seen any SPLODGES???????????????????????

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Rain now :lol: