Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

The snow went lighter for a while, looked like sleet but was a mix of flakes and grains. Now snowing heavily again in Chesham, temp still nudging up though at -0.8c

Posted

Well, we got five mins of rain and for the last hour heavy Snow. Settling on all the places that has thawed slightly.

I think tonight and in the Morning it's going to be dangerous out there.

P.S We also have an Easterly Wind.

Edited by cj114

Posted

Well we are right under the lighter precip according to the radar, but still nothing is falling. Maybe it will show when we get under the heavier stuff. No change to temp but dew point still rising and now at 0c. So I really think it will rain or sleet if/when something falls.

Posted

Well, we got five mins of rain and for the last hour heavy Snow. Settling on all the places that has thawed slightly.

I think tonight and in the Morning it's going to be dangerous out there.

P.S We also have an Easterly Wind.

yes we seem to picking up an Easterly aswell

Posted

So it's rained here all day, lightly to moderately. Because we had so much in the first place, even roofs are still somehow covered, but the trees have lost it, and elsewhere it has visibly thinned. I predicted this event correctly for myself, but it seems elsewhere there is yet a chance that snow is going to fall properly.

I will stick, probably somewhat controversially, with my prediction that this isn't going to be a special event for all but a very few places, perhaps further inland, on a sw-ne line. I suspect a lot of this will fall increasingly as rain or sleet, and where it falls as snow, I see it melting quite quickly.

Hi Boot,

Here on the higher ground in Tun Wells what was pure rain now has a hit of sleetiness in it. The temp has also dropped down to 1.7c from 2.5c. Not expecting anything exciting but it is (at the moment) a bit colder than I anticipated!

MM

Posted

Absolute borderline here. Light rain for half an hour, then moderate snow for 45 minutes but not settling due to temp being 1.0c at the present time. What was previously lying snow is gradually turning to that horrible slushy muck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

heavyish sleet in south herts

Posted

HEAVY SNOW FALLING HERE AND SETTLING

Simply amazing. The snow is really coming down harder and settling like hell :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Its snowing here quite heavily in Cheam following on from the rain of the last 2 hours. Jeeze the roads are going to be treacherous !!