Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

A positively tropical 6 Celsius here, rain has now gone, very cloudy outside though. Pavements treacherous.

Guest archiesmummy

Hi

I am a newbie so hope i have this right, i am in chigwell, essex and has been snowing here for an hour!

Was raining earlier but is settling now on everything!

Hope it lasts until Christmas, have been totally obsessing(sp?!) over it, am no way an experienced weather watcher but enjoy it.

Temp here is 1.5 with dew point of 0.6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

almost a cm already, this is the best we've had in this neck of the woods in this spell, loving it! :whistling:

where in London are you?

Looking at the latest radar, there is a stronger band of ppn building and heading towards London, we will have to see how it is affected by the City.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

snow really starting to settle now! even where it was wet from the earlier rain. Snow heavy with big flakes! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Amazing stuff isnt. Looks like work will be cancelled tonight! Purley is at a standstill

WOW!yahoo.gif

Posted

I soooo want to be at home right now watching the snow from the comfort of my front room. Fingers crossed this won't bring Southeastern trains to a halt at 5pm! laugh.gif

Posted

I am new to this today so please bear with me as not sure how it all works. I have very bad panic attacks over the snow when it is actually snowing. Last Thursday night was hell for me. It was blizzards that seemed to go on for hours where I am. I am following what you are posting Mr snowman as you are very near to me. I am praying to God I will not get any snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Amazing, i was really not expecting this after all the rain earlier. Everything is covered white now! Already had a couple of cm's in just half an hour!

Posted

Night falls over the icy city, the drivers move ever faster, it is not going to end well for some this evening.

Here at the Mall, big ole' forest gump 'fat snow' flakes, making travelling exceedingly nasty. The radar does look to offer maybe a fair bit more, for those west of the city, I'd think those in Reading should be on DEFCON'2 right now for serious snow problems.

*Is that Moses outside? Is that why the London snow-shield has fatally failed this Christmas?

ALl hail....the 11'th commandment. Thous shall see snow at Christmas time in the city!

Posted

Rain earlier in Staines which washed away most of the snow. Heavy snow now which has settled on all surfaces the temps have really dropped away in the last hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

where in London are you?

Looking at the latest radar, there is a stronger band of ppn building and heading towards London, we will have to see how it is affected by the City.

South East London, Peckham Rye, Nunhead to be precise. Just had lightning too, thundersnow! This is what I've been waiting over a week for :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

You've got to be kidding me! Snow to the east, snow to the west, snow to the north, snow to the south..

I know the feeling!!! Story of my life here, there are only small hills around me, but they seem to divert everything. Campden Hill in W8 (very near me) is the first hill that any precipitation from the SW hits, so always seems to divert it around, so I miss out, while Hampstead Heath diverts anything from the North.

Thames streamers are the bonaza for me.