Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

This is the best snow I have had so far this winter! covering the floors and everything. Superb!!!

Posted

If it's snow in London, why is it rain here? We have 15cm of snow being washed away. Now I'm peed off! :cold: haha :shok:

Your not the only one,thinking im going to seeing green grass by morning at this rate :lol:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Your not the only one,thinking im going to seeing green grass by morning at this rate sad.gif

Nearly all my snow has gone now - weather awful and wet heresad.gif

Posted

Nearly all my snow has gone now - weather awful and wet heresad.gif

Snowing heavily and everything now white in Hammersmith London W6 : :cold:

Posted

Im in EAST London and we are getting heavy snow from 3.50pm and still continuing....

Unbelievable as was raining when i left work and got home in serious heavy snow! :cold:

Posted

Amazingly here right in the City Of London we have a covering of snow - It has literally covered everything in the last 30mins

Paul S

Posted

Snow man how long do you think it will go on for.

Not sure but it should start snowing very soon. Saffron Walden was reporting snow at 4:20pm

Posted

If it's snow in London, why is it rain here? We have 15cm of snow being washed away. Now I'm peed off! :) haha :)

The higher weather powers are taking away snow from those who had lots previously and giving it to those who had none. I had 8, now it's wet and more like 2-3, and a few other places now have perhaps two of my inches each.

I still stand by my prediction btw, that this will turn to rain increasingly or at least melt quickly for most, apart from a few, perhaps on a sw-ne line running nw of london.

EDIT: though even there I don't expect anything too exciting ultimately.

Edited by wellington boot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Is this band of snow/rain going to pivot back towards the south east during the night? Thats what it seemed like on the BBC weather. Hope so

Posted

Full on snow now, moderate rate and settling on the snow free roads and the previous snow too. 0.1c, long may it continue!

I think it will be snow for a while then the back edge will be rain (hopefully only light) before it moves away to the east later tonight.

Posted

Looking good so far. I've only just looked at the radar and im delighted to see its still heading my way. Great to see London is seeing snow, although this proves my forecasting skills are crap as I said rain would be likely in London lol.

Posted

Light drizzle in hacked off of sw surrey dry.gif

wouldnt have been so irritated if so many other places barely a stone throw away had been copping a hatful. You would think we could do a bit better than the centre of london but no...gah

feel that might be the last of the snow in the cold snap for me. Did ok on Thursday last week and hung around well though todays rain and cack damaged it. Look for a few frosts and a frosty xmas day and that might be alright

Posted

Looking good so far. I've only just looked at the radar and im delighted to see its still heading my way. Great to see London is seeing snow, although this proves my forecasting skills are crap as I said rain would be likely in London lol.

I dont agree, you have amazing forecast skills! The band should hit me any minute now

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

The higher weather powers are taking away snow from those who had lots previously and giving it to those who had none. I had 8, now it's wet and more like 2-3, and a few other places now have perhaps two of my inches each.

I still stand by my prediction btw, that this will turn to rain increasingly or at least melt quickly for most, apart from a few, perhaps on a sw-ne line running nw of london.

EDIT: though even there I don't expect anything too exciting ultimately.

Actually, some of us didn't have a lot to start with!! Yes, I got some - but compared to most parts of the whole region - my immediate locality seems to have come off one of the worst. Ironically less than 10 miles away from me there has been at least 7 or 8cms more. Even Saturday night gave rain and sleet with just a last flurry of snow as it moved away.

But areas like round London for eg who generally don't see much at other times must be really enjoying this spell.smile.gif It's swings and roundabouts - I have done well on other occasions so can't complain, even if this spell has been especially disappointing on an IMBY basis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Is this band of snow/rain going to pivot back towards the south east during the night? Thats what it seemed like on the BBC weather. Hope so

Yep I saw that, looks good for some more in the early hours once this has pushed through, don't want to be too greedy though! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

I dont agree, you have amazing forecast skills! The band should hit me any minute now

Here Here! Just been watching snow senes from westminster. On a serious note, the roads are going to be very Dangerous. Driving on ice is far more dangerous than Snow.