Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Amazing... All this week i've been watching, watching and watching all these events come and go leaving me with nothing... And then then BOOM... It happens at the most unexpected time.. Central London looks beautiful.. There can't be much snow left now though.. But i'm happy, i've finally seen some snow, and more importantly... it's settled :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

It's stopped here now but it's left a nice covering of about an inch.

Posted

Great white out here....Lovely everything covered hope it doesnt thaw in the nite or rain!

Whats confusing me the other night we had -1 temp -1 dewpoint and it rained......today in middle

of afternoon supposed to be warmest period with a temp of 1 and dewpoint of 0 it started as rain

but quickly turned to snow and hammered down.

Confused of London :rolleyes:

Posted

Interesting forecast on 5live- He said snow will continue till at least 11pm and possibly 5am-6am in the SE/EA. 9Didn't catch his name but was one of the normal TV forecasters, I had heard his voice before!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Real blankets of snow coming down in Aylesbury now, have come home early.

Had a job to hold the car on some of the roundabouts north of the town, even at low speeds.

Temp 1C with 50p flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

luton has loads of snow now jus in from work....what a long trip home lol why does every1 crash when we get a bit of the white stuff!!!! learn to drive ppl lol

Posted

now stopped any form of precipitation, wonder if we will get this lot swinging back again and maybe giving some snow this time rather than the wet rubbish earlier here? Maybe colder now, might have better luck and it might repair some of the lost snowcover

not counting on it though. Trying to get snow on snow has been a bit of a frustrating business, really would have liked to see it this year but havent quite pulled it off thus far, know its rare but it is a meterological milestone in this day and age for this area

Posted

Is this band of snow/rain going to pivot back towards the south east during the night? Thats what it seemed like on the BBC weather. Hope so

There is a very strong possibility of the ppn pivoting back towards the SE later tonight.

MetO have updated their warning for the SE regarding more heavy snow.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html

Posted

Looking good so far. I've only just looked at the radar and im delighted to see its still heading my way. Great to see London is seeing snow, although this proves my forecasting skills are crap as I said rain would be likely in London lol.

Generally I find your predictions to be accurate.rolleyes.gif

Posted

Hmmm the flash warnings would suggest this is far from over yet. Perhaps it will pivot back towards the SE after all?...

Posted

There is a very strong possibility of the ppn pivoting back towards the SE later tonight.

MetO have updated their warning for the SE regarding more heavy snow.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Ah, right, ok, so still maybe half a shout then

cloudy and dry here though cold. Maybe round 2 comes later for here and be snow this time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

About half an hour of sleet now but it seems to be turning into snow now, just worried it won't stick as everywhere is wet cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Louise Lear on BBC weather showing the snow moving north into Bucks, Cambridgshire and surrounding areas, and then "pivoting" back south east over night. It means us in the London area and other parts of the SE could see more snow again later tonight. I just hope that as the snow band moves north that it doesnt become milder. We've got about an inch of snow in less than an hour. Would be awful if it melted.

Louise Lear on BBC weather showing the snow moving north into Bucks, Cambridgshire and surrounding areas, and then "pivoting" back south east over night. It means us in the London area and other parts of the SE could see more snow again later tonight. I just hope that as the snow band moves north that it doesnt become milder. We've got about an inch of snow in less than an hour. Would be awful if it melted.

Were they showing it sitting over Bucks/etc for a while or quickly moving back?

Posted

About half an hour of sleet now but it seems to be turning into snow now, just worried it won't stick as everywhere is wet cc_confused.gif

wouldn't worry about that, it was sopping here in se london, but in 45 mins we gained an inch. stopped now, and the melts already setting in, but great to hear the neighbours kids outside having fun! here's hoping for that pivot....

temp 0.3oC

Posted

Met Office have just updated their Flash Weather Warning http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html#flash

Just realised you had already posted the MetO warning link :)

PS........Luton airport has suspended all flights due to the severe weather conditions