Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Very heavy snow in Biggin Hill Settling over old snow and recovering what was lost this morning whistling.gif The heaviest snow so far this winter because its is not dry snow as before.

Very heavy snow in reading several inches

It says sleet on radar I can asure you its all snow and settled everywhere

All buses stoped in reading

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Very heavy snow in Biggin Hill Settling over old snow and recovering what was lost this morning whistling.gif The heaviest snow so far this winter because its is not dry snow as before.

If you are getting the PPN we have had since 11.00 this morning then you will get loads. It has rained hard for 3 and half hours and is still raining hard now.

Posted

Very light and pathetic sleety snow here! Driving me mad as I know no more than 5-10 miles down the road it's been tipping it down. Just won't come north! Needs to move a bit more north west for us to see anything significant I think.

I have never seen just heavy snow before xmas

Big wet stuff , at home sod all but here in reading amazing

Got to drive in it later whistling.gif

Posted

:whistling::yahoo: Sorry but that Ice this morning was totally dangerous!

True.

Tonight/Tomorrow morn won't be any better though, if the temps drop off tonight.

Posted

Precip band now starting to pivot to the North West if you look at the last few radar scans - run then by hourly intervals and you can see this quite clearly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Expect the airport to be closing soon then!

Posted

Precip band now starting to pivot to the North West if you look at the last few radar scans - run then by hourly intervals and you can see this quite clearly

Good news for northants then.whistling.gif

Posted

Its so bad in reading there sending people home

Why does it say sleet on radar ? very odd

Posted

Really coming down for the last few hours now. After a few cm of slippy slush on the roads/pavements they are all now turning white. This is looking like it could be the best snowfall we've seen in this area so far!!!

You could do with putting your location on your profile, I read that and thought 'where?'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Expect the airport to be closing soon then!

Forward thinking up there. They could see this coming and shut it 30 years ago!!!!!!!!

Posted

Snowing heavy now, not so wet. But still too warm to settle. The temp has decreased from 1.8 half an hour ago to 1.4 now so looking good drinks.gif

Temp is below 1c here acording to local weather station.....

Posted

Time to turn our Christmas lights on. Being the most easterly town in the UK, and it being the shortest day of the year we are now in darkness. I have just come back from a walk on the beach and incredibly I have noticed that the temperature is rising here. We have no chance of snow.

Posted

So it's rained here all day, lightly to moderately. Because we had so much in the first place, even roofs are still somehow covered, but the trees have lost it, and elsewhere it has visibly thinned. I predicted this event correctly for myself, but it seems elsewhere there is yet a chance that snow is going to fall properly.

I will stick, probably somewhat controversially, with my prediction that this isn't going to be a special event for all but a very few places, perhaps further inland, on a sw-ne line. I suspect a lot of this will fall increasingly as rain or sleet, and where it falls as snow, I see it melting quite quickly.

Posted

Forward thinking up there. They could see this coming and shut it 30 years ago!!!!!!!!

Actually there are a lot private flights that the so called stars use to miss the paparazzi. And there are a few chartered flights . The snow now is heavier than Feb 09 . My wife and daughter have gone to Bluewater and I have phones them to say come back now. Westerham Hill -Highest point in Kent will be closed if this carries on. Seems like an inch of snow in 30 mins

complete white-out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

According to my mum it's thawing a bit out there now. Still no ppn, though it's getting pretty gloomy.