Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 19

MAF

Posted

Rained all day here too.... Does it look like East Kent will get any more snow in the near future? I'm so jealous of everyone thats getting good amounts of snow again in other parts of the country!

Posted

Well, just seen the BBC South regional forecast and it's totally at odds with the National forecast! The regional forecast mentioned the risk of snow New Year's Eve/Day, whereas the National had all the precipitation fizzling out completely and not reaching southern areas at all, just dry and very cold and no sign of any low skirting the far south. Unfortunately, the National forecast is more likely to be correct as I think they use the latest data. A little disappointing, but hopefully we'll have a good chance of seeing something white during the next week, apart from frost!

Posted

Well, despite a MetO severe weather warning here and being on higher ground we have had rain, rain, rain today.

It's even worse when there was a slight chance of something happening...

However - we did well out of the pre-Christmas snow and we even have a bit of icy snow left about the place so I can't complain - well I can but it would be rather unreasonable...

Posted

Been snowing quite hard here for more than an hour - actually settled. We had so much rain earlier I wouldn't have thought this possible. Looks like the band is fizzling out.

Posted

Very surprised just started to snow here.

The colder air is pushing in faster. GFS 12Z 850hpa does not have your area cold enough for snow.

Posted

Looks like once again this has been one of those situations where local conditions have varied and some places have seen conditions just at the right sid eof marginal in the overnight hours and the precip has been strong enough then the snow level has been dragged far south towards the surface.

I'm pretty happy though to see this has happened, I did suggest the northern part of this region could see some snow in the heavier bursts.

Still lots of uncertainty beyond this low pressure system it has to be said, we are going to get a ENE wind briefly but the shortwave upstream cuts this off on Saturday, then we should head into a fairly settled and very cold pattern, will be interesting to see those North Sea temps tumble away again!

Posted

Quote from Sky News weather forecaster Isobel Lang:

Isobel Lang added: "As we head into the New Year the rather horrid wintry weather affecting central parts will ease away south-eastwards, with snow for a time in south-east England.

Unquote: This Thurs/Fri will see some snow in the SE

Posted

Quote from Sky News weather forecaster Isobel Lang:

Isobel Lang added: "As we head into the New Year the rather horrid wintry weather affecting central parts will ease away south-eastwards, with snow for a time in south-east England.

Unquote: This Thurs/Fri will see some snow in the SE

We shall see how this turns out. The snow at Villa Park looked fun but maybe not so for the teams. Hopefully we will get something but I'm not sure at all. Neither am I regarding next week, think that hugely over ramped!

Posted

Cheers for that. Will def break my leg on New Years eve if that comes to pass.

As I've said on the Model thread, it comes to nowcasting in regards to this upcoming front.

We may get nothing but cold, or a smattering of Snow.

The worst thing is being stranded in Snow on New Years eve, when no one is willing to take you home!

Luckily I live where all the Taxi Drivers live, so there is always a Cab who would like to end his shift by going home with a paying fare.

Whatever happens I hope everyone gets what they hope for. [me 75 degree's and warm sunshine]

:p

Posted

We shall see how this turns out. The snow at Villa Park looked fun but maybe not so for the teams. Hopefully we will get something but I'm not sure at all. Neither am I regarding next week, think that hugely over ramped!

The cold looks just about nailed on at the moment in terms of temps anyway for next week, going to really have a hard time getting above 0-1C generally, not severely cold but very cold certainly is a good call at the moment, of course the pattern could evolve yet colder still thats for sure!

As for snow, right now I really would hate to make a call, I'm somewhat doubtful about the NYE/NYD snowfall being mentioned, though there will very likely be at least some showers thrusting in during NYD, luck of the draw with those as per normal!

I'd also watch out possibly for middle-latter next week, could see a low pressure system trying to come up from the Sw, big big uncertainties however with that, if it does happen then we have a proper cold pool once more to play with.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

A very pleasant 7c here, with a light easterly breeze.

Now I know you're winding people up http://www.rnsycmarina.com/weather.php

It's 4 here in NW Norfolk with a stiff breeze

Posted

A very prolonged cold spell in prospect. The band of rain as it pushes south on Thursday, it will increasingly turn to snow as the colder air undercuts the band. Then very cold with the prospect of heavy snow showers from Friday onwards

Posted

A very pleasant 7c here, with a light easterly breeze.

You do know you are meant to put the weather station outside don't you? :) :unsure:

Edited by k66yla

Posted

I know it is ridiculous, best bet is dont rise to the bait and she may go back to the beach with her BBQ Set :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep trying and learning Diane, you are getting closer from your Exceptionally Mild (10-12c) yesterday now down to 7c :lol:

Posted

BUSTED! From time to time we get a new wind up merchant who wants to spoill the good mood, but they usually make silly mistakes meaning they only last a little while on here. Anyway, over to find the ignore button now.......

Edited by fine wine

Posted

I know it is ridiculous, best bet is dont rise to the bait and she may go back to the beach with her BBQ Set whistling.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Keep trying and learning Diane, you are getting closer from your Exceptionally Mild (10-12c) yesterday now down to 7c good.gif

hahahaha, how do you find the ignore button. I've never had to ignore anyone before but its not enjoyable with her little"oh its so mild" comments.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

I know it is ridiculous, best bet is dont rise to the bait and she may go back to the beach with her BBQ Set :whistling::rofl::rofl:

Keep trying and learning Diane, you are getting closer from your Exceptionally Mild (10-12c) yesterday now down to 7c :good:

Very hard not to rise to the bait-maybe she has a little microclimate bubble right on the beach-think I might pop over there later-lol Now where's the ignore button gone then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everone from a very dull and miserable Chelmsford.

The rain has set in somewhat harder in the last few minutes and it is getting darker

I am really looking forward to this depression to move south east into the Channel/ Continent as swoon as possible to let the cold air sweep in from the northeast.

Heres to a very cold and snowy period in the new Year.

A very Happy New Year to everyone

Posted

i seem to be getting a rather high reading for my pressure of 1010 mb

temp is 3.3

dewpoint 2.3

is there anyone in the leighton buzzard area that can let me know if im about right as i have only had the station in its present location since yesterday

thanks

Posted

Good Morning everone from a very dull and miserable Chelmsford.

The rain has set in somewhat harder in the last few minutes and it is getting darker

I am really looking forward to this depression to move south east into the Channel/ Continent as swoon as possible to let the cold air sweep in from the northeast.

Heres to a very cold and snowy period in the new Year.

A very Happy New Year to everyone

A Happy New Year to you as well,

It's just as miserable in North Norfolk, I much prefer cold and dry to this muck

Posted

is there anyone in the leighton buzzard area that can let me know if im about right as i have only had the station in its present location since yesterday

Seems about right :D

www.netweather.tv

post-6667-12621755516713_thumb.gif