Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

Is that from a different shower than the one that dumped a load on me an hour ago?

yeah its the same shower. its moving in a sw direction and i managed to catch the western edge of it. missed the heaviest part of it though. still left another good covering. how much did you get from it? incredible luck to have caught that shower on what i thought would be a completley dry nite!

Posted

yeah its the same shower. its moving in a sw direction and i managed to catch the western edge of it. missed the heaviest part of it though. still left another good covering. how much did you get from it? incredible luck to have caught that shower on what i thought would be a completley dry nite!

I measured it at approx 4 cm, but there was around <1 cm lying on the ground unthawed from last night. A real spot of luck for us both then! I can go to bed happy now!

Posted

I measured it at approx 4 cm, but there was around <1 cm lying on the ground unthawed from last night. A real spot of luck for us both then! I can go to bed happy now!

you bet. radar would suggest thats its for tonite so we can just let it freeze up and sleep well!

you bet. radar would suggest thats its for tonite so we can just let it freeze up and sleep well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

An Easterly for us is no good unless its an unstable event and not a HP overhead event. Its looks like High Pressure will build over the coming days just to our North and centre over Scotland by Saturday, so apart from the SE and London area, it'll be very cold and dry for the rest of week. But still, showers are not ruled out for coastal areas.

In saying that, air over the next 36 hours remains unstable enough for the chance of some shower activity, but mostly around coasts exposed to the NE/N wind.

Cheers mate that was my thinking to !! unfortunately !!

Posted
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland

Moderate graupelly shower here a while back (when the site went down again)

Posted

snow getting heavy here in antrim. Watching the news about england makes me totally sick. how dare they take it all lol

Posted

snow getting heavy here in antrim. Watching the news about england makes me totally sick. how dare they take it all lol

I know! Geographically, it's not that far way, yet it could be a different continent in terms of snow! Not fair!!

WOW

pain turns to joy heavy snow Dublin cc.did not think was going to happen

At long last.

2CM SO FAR

It's currently +1C in Dublin at the moment and wet snow falling now in NW Dublin. Had a shower of graupel earlier. The showers I've got today have all been on the light side.

It's not even fully sticking. The cars aren't really getting a covering or anything.

The cold spell is very tame here when compared with England!

Posted

Latest warning from the MET for Sunday, I thought we where to stay dry for the next fortnight??

Northern Ireland: Co Antrim Co Armagh Co Derry Co Down Co Fermanagh Co TyroneHeavy SnowSun 10 JanThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting many parts of Northern Ireland, Wales and much of England.

There is potential for further outbreaks of snow, which could locally become heavy and prolonged at times. This will lead to further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Posted

Ok, it got heavier since and has now stuck on cars, etc!

Wonder if we'll get much more today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Ok, it got heavier since and has now stuck on cars, etc!

Wonder if we'll get much more today?

And, I wonder if Ken Ring's winter forecast is any good??? :rofl::rofl:

Anyhoo FS, it's good to see you've got some snow! :D:D:good::drinks:

Posted

I hear it's got mad in Dublin (my brother's at Eircom by Heuston station) and in Wexford (my parents are in Kiltealy near Enniscorthy) in the last hour or so? Wish I was still there (was there over Christmas and new year) - better than the naff all we're getting down in my corner of Essex.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Had a nice fall of snow from that narrow band off the irish sea,gave a nice covering on top of the covering i already had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

What a day here in Dublin.

2/3 inches of snow where I live and it came in 2 heavy prolonged showers.

This is better than Feb 2009 and a joy to behold.

Next Sunday looks like the next snow event here on the east coast :whistling:

Posted

Heard reports of thundersnow in Dublin via Today FM. anyone in Dublin care to confirm?

over here in Basingstoke its been 24 hours non-stop snow and there's more coming. if you're flying to a UK airport please do check before you travel. you might end up being stuck at the airport on the UK side (assuming your plane actually gets here..)

Edited by justinflavin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

beautiful, sunny day here. very cold max temp 0.6c. current temp -1.4c . its gonna be a cold one tonight, temps are plunging. absolutely stunning scenery today, 100% clear visibility, laying snow and perma frost with no thaw. this cold spell is absolutely marvellous. :clap::help:

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

Heard reports of thundersnow in Dublin via Today FM. anyone in Dublin care to confirm?

over here in Basingstoke its been 24 hours non-stop snow and there's more coming. if you're flying to a UK airport please do check before you travel. you might end up being stuck at the airport on the UK side (assuming your plane actually gets here..)

Friends living in the centre and north/northeast of the city heard the thunder and saw the lightning. I didn't though. Not sure if it's because I just missed it indoors or that it is because of my location in the far northwest suburbs.

Edited by fear sneachta