IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

sorry weird duplicate thing

Edited by moogyboobles

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

looked out side about 45 mins ago, from my glass of bubbly, and it was snowing with an attempted settling on surfaces ouside. Now stopped - but nice to see, as a taste-ette of what is to come for the next couple of weeks!

Happy New Year!!drunk.gif

Posted

Current data for Leighton buzzard (Linslade)

31 December 2009 22:11:13

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.7

Trend (per hour) -0.4

Average today 2.8

Wind chill 0.7

Heat Index 0.7

Dew Point -2.0

Rel Humidity 82%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 9.8 N

Average Speed 2.2 N

Pressure (mb):

Current 1001.5

Trend (per hour) 0.0

my last before bed ,im sure after 44 new years this one dont need me to see it in

Posted

By the way if anyone wants to work out their dewpoint from just a temperature and humidity heres the link:

http://www.decatur.d.../dew/index.html

Every little helps :drinks:

Thanks once again snowman and you were right about the dewpoint here, it calculated at 1.01C I have now bookmarked that link as it is really useful!

Posted

Aw thanks, I needed a bit more time to fiddle with settings really. Moon just popped out again, but a very rapidly approaching cloud with flakes falling from it covered it up. Full blue moon and snow and NYE! So cool!

Not to mention a partial eclipse earlier, missed it here though too much cloud!.

Posted

clear here but southernman just phoned he is trying to get home from work and is encountering a couple of inches of settled snow on the roads between here and Reedham, enough for him to want to come home a bit slower than usual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Happy New Year to all! I think East Anglia and the southeast has potential to see rather more out of the projected NE'ly outbreak around 5-8 January (and possibly longer if a mid-latitude block settles to the north allowing an easterly flow in the south). But the upcoming few days should have potential for snow showers- overnight 2nd/3rd looks a particularly good bet with that shortwave slipping south and allowing a very cold easterly in.

Barring disruption on the trains I should be down in Norwich by the 5th January and will then play more of a part in this East Anglia/SE thread.

looked out side about 45 mins ago, from my glass of bubbly, and it was snowing with an attempted settling on surfaces ouside. Now stopped - but nice to see, as a taste-ette of what is to come for the next couple of weeks!

Happy New Year!!drunk.gif

It strikes me how appropriate some of these usernames are proving at the moment. North Sea snow convection, bringing thundery wintry showers onshore...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The showers in the north sea have either died or decaying , rubbish :yahoo:

Posted

Happy New Year to all! I think East Anglia and the southeast has potential to see rather more out of the projected NE'ly outbreak around 5-8 January (and possibly longer if a mid-latitude block settles to the north allowing an easterly flow in the south). But the upcoming few days should have potential for snow showers- overnight 2nd/3rd looks a particularly good bet with that shortwave slipping south and allowing a very cold easterly in.

Barring disruption on the trains I should be down in Norwich by the 5th January and will then play more of a part in this East Anglia/SE thread.

It strikes me how appropriate some of these usernames are proving at the moment. North Sea snow convection, bringing thundery wintry showers onshore...

We await your arrival on this thread!

Posted

causing cold fingers.:yahoo:

Posted

Evening all and Happy New Year to everyone.

Temp here is currently 0.5c with a dewpoint of -1.1c. I think we are ripe for snow here, if only some of those showers would head this way. Dry as a bone here at the moment.

Posted

The showers in the north sea have either died or decaying , rubbish :yahoo:

PMSL - Happy new year ! - I'm off but will back sometime tomorrow morning.

Neil - chill baby, forecasts are not more than educated guesses - 'some' of yours have failed when you've done your paint-shops in the past.

Think of all the good things, the people we have left behind and the service men and women who have laid down their lives in 2009 to give us a chance in the the 'Teenies'

Then look forward to 2010 and the will it or won't it scenarios............

Posted

Hello there

Just noticed a new meto warning...does this mean more chance of snow tonight?

1.7 degrees in Dartford

Happy new year to all and many thanks for the entertaining messages...it is good to know that I am not the only one who craves a good blizzard

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Happy New Year TWS

I don't know whether you have had the (T) in the TWS but you are having your real signature weather up there otherwise!drinks.gif

Edit: Properly dry small flakes here now, very light, but when it is the real snow you can see them without power beams!!laugh.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Think of all the good things, the people we have left behind and the service men and women who have laid down their lives in 2009 to give us a chance in the the 'Teenies'

Then look forward to 2010 and the will it or won't it scenarios............

There was nothing good about 2009 in life or in weather , probably why i'm such a moody bugger :clap:

Hurry up 2010 :yahoo:

- Matt12 to late for that now , don't see the need for any warnings

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Happy New Year TWS

I don't know whether you have had the (T) in the TWS but you are having your real signature weather up there otherwise!drinks.gif

Happy New Year to you as well Tamara!

Yes, I've had the "T" part as well- that's partly what inspired me to come up with that post! The last shower here contained two flashes of lightning (one vivid flash of sheet lightning to the north, and a second, more distant one to the NW).

Posted

Walked the dog about 45 mins ago, just icy and a few patches of hail/snow. Just looked out again, and we have half an inch of snow cover - wonderful! Especially as there was no mention on the BBC forecast that has just been on, and the local radio said no snow - :cold:

Posted

At the bottom of tonights warnings there is an alert for Snow for S.E England, mainly for eastern Kent.

I did read it properly.......................lol