Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Methuselah

Posted

Outbreaks of sleet and snow overnight and at first on New Year's Day morning, coupled with freezing temperatures are expected to cause widespread ice in places. Snow amounts could exceed 5 cm in places, especially in East Kent.

And so did I!

Posted

At the bottom of tonights warnings there is an alert for Snow for S.E England, mainly for eastern Kent.

I did read it properly.......................lol

That warning has been sat ther since 1022 this morning , originally on a be aware status , the new one is for widespread ice

Posted

Well Nothing here yet in East Kent... it better get it's act together! looking at the Radar images it's all missing us again.

Posted

I'm pretty sure there is a thin dusting of snow on the northern side of the streetlight over the road from my window. It's quite difficult to tell really, everything else is just wet but it does really look like a dusting. Will have to wait until daylight to really know I guess, by then anything might change..

Posted

Well Nothing here yet in East Kent... it better get it's act together! looking at the Radar images it's all missing us again.

1.6c dp -1.0c, light drizzle,but the brandy is going down well,thats all that counts at this moment in time,happy new year y'all :D:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

Last update from Worlingworth for 2009. We have had periods of large flake snowfall which settled initially but now the roads are clear. Cars and roofs a light covering still showing. Snow gone now and skies clearing. Nice surprise as nothing was forecast for here - 20 miles north of Ipswich in deepest rural Suffolk.

Happy New Year all.

Posted

God bless you all, for those who have had a troubled year i wish you a better new year :D

Happy New Year everyone!! just started to snow very lightly here, far too wet to settle though. :D

Posted

God bless you all, for those who have had a troubled year i wish you a better new year :D

you too DS,:)let the force be with you, :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Happy new year everyone!!!!!! all the best for 2010.

Posted

Happy New Year.. loads of fire lanterns in the sky over Chelmsford wonder if they will make it to Kent....

Edited by zAiN

Posted

A very Happy New Year to all on Netweather - Here's to some active weather this year for all the enthusiasts!

Very Glad to report my first Snow of 2010 - Like the poster above said the Southend Area had a brief Snow Flurry at around Midnight which has left a miniscule dusting on the cars, well it is a start! LOL

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Happy New Year everyone...... we had a 5 min snow shower more or less bang on Midnight here in Rochford, Essex..... good start to the new year, hope it continues yahoo.gif

Edited by Essexgooner

Posted

A very Happy New Year to all on Netweather - Here's to some active weather this year for all the enthusiasts!

Very Glad to report my first Snow of 2010 - Like the poster above said the Southend Area had a brief Snow Flurry at around Midnight which has left a miniscule dusting on the cars, well it is a start! LOL

Paul S

Typical! New year, but same old weather - all we got was more bloody rain in Shoebury! :D Maybe if I turn the gas heating down a bit it might turn to snow...

Happy New Year everyone. By the way, Paul, did you see you got a mention in last night's Evening Echo? They finally did a story on the Travel Photographer of the Year award, and right at the end mentioned that a couple of the pictures were from the storm chase I did with you and Michael Fish last year. Must do that post in the Storm Chase section. First New Year's resolution! lol

Edit: Woohoo, it's snowing!!! Small, wet flakes. But still snow. :D Maybe 2010 will bring something new after all

Edited by Blackie

Posted

Typical! New year, but same old weather - all we got was more bloody rain in Shoebury! :wallbash: Maybe if I turn the gas heating down a bit it might turn to snow...

Happy New Year everyone. By the way, Paul, did you see you got a mention in last night's Evening Echo? They finally did a story on the Travel Photographer of the Year award, and right at the end mentioned that a couple of the pictures were from the storm chase I did with you and Michael Fish last year. Must do that post in the Storm Chase section. First New Year's resolution! lol

Lol

Will make sure the woman across the road keeps it for me and will take a gander. Have a good one Peter!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Happy New Year to all. Many thanks to everyone who makes this such an enjoyable read.

Several spells of light to moderate snow here so far this evening. Currently light snow and 0.8c, with the radar promising another dusting shortly