Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Methuselah

Posted

Seems like I was wrong, there was some icing sugar style snow on the car roofs when I woke up.

Currently 2.0c, with dewpoint at -2.9c. So it's quite obvious that the cold air has arrived over us. Just need some precipitation to come down to here.

Posted

Snap same here Bob - there were a few flakes collected in very small amounts in corners of the garden. It's snowing lightly now though but it's melting as it contacts with concrete but laying on the grass

Posted

Had some very interesting snow showers in the early hours. Still got a dusting of snow here and it is currently 0c. Take a look at the London Ensemble. The Mean is below 0c until 'OFF THE SCALE' :cold::cold::cold::shok::shok::shok:

post-2721-12623386222613_thumb.png

Posted

Just been on the Dutch radar and looks like we might get some more showers as the day progresses. Clouding over here.

Posted

Just been on the Dutch radar and looks like we might get some more showers as the day progresses. Clouding over here.

heavy snow shower just up the coast from you, had been going to our north

Posted

Well happy new year to everyone!

We had some little snow flurries here last night around 8ish, then again just after midnight, so i've already seen my first falling snow of the decade :whistling:

The radar is looking very active for 0930 in the morning....could be an interesting afternoon

SK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Everywhere is white!!!!!!!!

We had snow , YAY! :whistling::D:D

Posted

Is it not snowing in Folkestone Bob? We're only just up the road and the roofs and grass are now white

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

A soft even light covering over everything outside here this morning - very nice to see when the curtains were drawn backsmile.gif In the last 30 mins there have been big fluffy flakes falling steadily from a hazy sky and the sun shining through it all

Great start to 2010drunk.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A soft even light covering over everything outside here this morning - very nice to see when the curtains were drawn backsmile.gif In the last 30 mins there have been big fluffy flakes falling steadily from a hazy sky and the sun shining through it all

Great start to 2010drunk.gif

Happy New Year, T...You 'could' be in for quite snowy week, way down in Kentski! :nonono:

Posted

Snowing bigtime here!!!

Sorry guys, been concentrating getting my iPhone back up and running. Trees and the grass is covered. Beautiful sight.

Temperature's dropped to 0.9c

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Happy New Year, T...You 'could' be in for quite snowy week, way down in Kentski! yahoo.gif

Happy New Year Pete - and to everybody!drinks.gif

There's a line of snow showers snaking in off the north sea and some of us seem to be benefitting from it atm

An interesting week coming up for sure, hopefully for all of us!biggrin.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Happy new year to everyone. Gorgeous day here in west Cambs - blue sky, sun, hard frost, bitterly cold. Don't think the snow showers are going to get to me today, but hopefully people east of me will get a nice covering.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Had a slight dusting on the ground when I opened the curtains earlier, blue skies ever since.

My parents who live just south of Ashford phoned to say there was a blizzard going on there - lucky them!

Posted

I see the there has been an update

Further outbreaks of sleet and snow through the rest of this morning and into this afternoon will give fresh falls of up to 5cm in places. The east of Kent and the east of East Sussex being most at risk.

Issued at: 0939 Fri 1 Jan

Not a cloud in the sky here

Posted

Also a slight dusting on cars and houses for us in Eastbourne, currently 1.0 DgC air temp with a dew point -1.6 DgC. At least it shows the conditions are right, we just need some precip - but there's plenty of time left for that in the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just a dusting for Rochford overnight, better then nothing so that will do for the start of 2010 rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Happy new year everyone. Blue Skys here temp is 1c good luck with the east kent streamers! too much of this last night - drunk.gif i resemble the guy on the right. Radar watching today... hoping for some white stuff soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Snowing again , beautiful

Posted

Beautiful clear blue skies, the real cold Northerly clear type sky! Enough of a dusting for a Gnat to do some sledging down the car windscreen this morning :drinks:

Unless I am reading the 6z GFS Wrong then it looks pretty much dry and frosty with hard Night Frosts for the next 7-10 days with a few wintry showers and not a lot else to get that excited about, the easterly is gone and a slack flow alternating from North to North West looks likely with -10c Uppers, if snow events are to unfold then they will only be nailed down about 6 hours before hand. One plus was the GFS was pretty woeful with it's snow prediction charts for this am which was showing all the South East with Snow showers, UKMET Had just parts of Kent being affected by the Streamer which has been bang on the money.

GFS 0 V 1 UKMET - 1st Jan 06-Midday

Lets hope the UKMET & ECMWF Are right as they are showing a much more snowy prospect for Our Little neck of the woods!

Paul S

Posted

Met Advisory for Norfolk, Peterborough and Cambs for Tuesday. But this is 4 days away still so be cautious with this:

Risk of disruption Warning Valid East of England: Cambridgeshire Norfolk Peterborough Heavy Snow Tue 5 Jan There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of Scotland, northern England and eastern England during Tuesday.

Snow showers are likely to become heavy and frequent at times giving further falls of several cm in many areas, with the potential for over 20cm locally.

Issued at: 1032 Fri 1 Jan