Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Snowing lightly here in SE London (I really wish I was at home tonight, looks like they'll be seeing some heavier more organised snow shortly, although saying that the showers do appear to be making it inland into the London area, so I might be lucky and get a light covering, we'll see)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

There is nice finger of ppn heading right for me and, although it's light, it looks to have retained most of it's intensity as it made it's way through Essex, let's hope eh?

(edit: it' started snowing!)

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Going by 2.30 radar, looks like a weakish mid-Kent streamer setting up, could give dusting/light covering around Medway area. E.Kent could get a covering in a few hours, as the wind backs more to the north.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Very light snow falling here in Lee, London SE12.

Regards,

Tom.

Im over in barnehurst & have missed most of the showers on that train, however the 2:40 net weather has me directly inline with some heavier bursts to the NE...

just a dusting would be nice....

S

Posted

Going by 2.30 radar, looks like a weakish mid-Kent streamer setting up, could give dusting/light covering around Medway area.

Regards,

Tom.

These showers are really intensifying as they move inland. Already had a few light snow showers here. Bring it on :drunk::cold:

Posted

These showers are really intensifying as they move inland. Already had a few light snow showers here. Bring it on :drunk::cold:

Yeah its certainly good news, what better way to start the new year than to see a covering of snow :lol:

Posted

I was going to bed. Honest.................but it started Snowing again, so have been watching glass in hand!

I'm afraid I could be very very drunk. lol

It's settled on cars and pavements but not the roads. Yet. :drunk::cold:

Anyone see Joe B's rant today? not a happy bunny with Hadley and the Met.

I have written to him [again] he always replies but I don't want to appear like a stalker. lol

Edited by cj114

Posted

Well that was a nice surprise, got an icing sugar covering here, almost stopped now and nothing much heading for me now. can't complain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Oh yes it's snowing and settling a bit here in south woodham. Happy new year.

Posted

Had nothing in the way of snow here but I think the ppm is dying out or just missing this area. Interested to see what'll happen over next week now!

Snow showers are intensifying as they come inland, so don't be surprised with a dusting.

Posted

I was going to bed. Honest.................but it started Snowing again, so have been watching glass in hand!

I'm afraid I could be very very drunk. lol

It's settled on cars and pavements but not the roads. Yet. :drunk::cold:

Anyone see Joe B's rant today? not a happy bunny with Hadley and the Met.

I have written to him [again] he always replies but I don't want to appear like a stalker. lol

Light snow showers here and settling on cars.

Joe B is a character and to the point. He definitely got this winter predicted correctly a few months ago, so you can understand his frustration with the Hadley's bunch & co :lol:

Posted

Thames streamer anyone? now looking quite likely.

The next half hour will tell. Best warn my kids who are still up in town. :drunk::cold:

I think it's tired of the A12

Edited by cj114

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

There is nice finger of ppn heading right for me and, although it's light, it looks to have retained most of it's intensity as it made it's way through Essex, let's hope eh?

(edit: it' started snowing!)

Started snowing moderately here, getting heavier and it's already a whiteout! was about to o to bed.. not anymore! drinks.gif

Posted

Light snow showers here and settling on cars.

Joe B is a character and to the point. He definitely got this winter predicted correctly a few months ago, so you can understand his frustration with the Hadley's bunch & co :drunk:

I have told him about Netweather, he is glad that there are some that agree with him. [actually it's probably just me]

Posted

Hi just peaked out it's 320am. Happy new year all. Dusting of snow yipeee looks like a sugar dusting, hopefully we will get some more. Night night

Edited by Westsussex1

Posted

The next half hour will tell. Best warn my kids who are still up in town. :drunk::cold:

I hope so, this area of London usually does very well in Thames Streamers scenario's. I can't sleep so I'm glad theres a little weather excitement to stop me dieing of bordom.

Posted

Can't see a streamer developing, the wind is currently coming from the NE, we need more of a ENE for a streamer, lets hope it suddenly swings eh?

Started snowing moderately here, getting heavier and it's already a whiteout! was about to o to bed.. not anymore! drinks.gif

Looks like the ppn is now going to miss us, but it is looking great for eeveryone SE of us. Enjoy folks.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

I have told him about Netweather, he is glad that there are some that agree with him. [actually it's probably just me]

There are some who slate him for his predictions. Don't know why he get's slated by some as his last winter prediction was spot on and of course this winter as well. Many will take heed and realise he is someone to listen too more carefully.

Still light snow falling here with a slight covering with more to come according to the latest radar :drunk: Bring it on :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

haha! we got snow atlast :drunk: well atleast a flurry XD when i went thru high wycombe last week there was masses!

Were getting our wish of a cold winter, we really are, december fell a good 1.5C Below average, now new years looking to start cold...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Had a lovely sugar dusting earlier on. Looking beautiful sparkling in the moonlight, but noticed it's very localized… 6 miles north of us, there's nothing

Posted

Snow is getting heavier here right now and settling. Simply amazing :cold: :lol: :lol:

I was going to my bed 2 hours ago, but excitement is keeping me up even at my age :drunk: