Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Methuselah

Posted

Happy New Year to all! :cold:

Awoke to a slight dusting here this morning which was nice, clear blue sky now but it looks lovely with the thin layer of snow. :o

Will be interesting to see what the next 7 days holds for us!

Matt.

Posted

i dont know if im the only one but i do prefure a nice hard frost on the landscape than snow ,in the end it allways has to turn to sludge ,yuck !

Posted

Well theres been some little flurries here this morning in the sunshine

Theres now a hefty little shower headed right for my location with cloud building from the NE - would be nice to see a little covering for the new year :)

SK

Posted

Morning! 1.2c here this morning. Got down to a low of -1.5c last night.

Have a feeling that if any showers come this way, it'll fall as snow, just a matter of timing. Hard frost this morning though which looks nice.

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

There does look to be a fair amount of cloud coming down the North Sea now generally heading towards East Anglia. If it stays on track could see a bit of snow this evening. Interestingly the stuff that has been heading into the NE Highlands is now producing rain. The road cameras http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/ though show amounts of snow that would cripple this part of the country.

Posted

Had about an inch here from the same streamer as Snow Cat but it's sunny now....so annoying as I can see the thick, dark cloud just literally a mile or two to the East of here

Posted

Good stuff for the people that have had snow. Looking at met office they say low risk for end of next week. It's sunny now and that's all it says. So, I think any snow here will be luck. Nothing significant by any stretch if the imagination. Just think my location is against me, too far inland!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Had about an inch here from the same streamer as Snow Cat but it's sunny now....so annoying as I can see the thick, dark cloud just literally a mile or two to the East of here

Yes same for me here too. Some very interesting skies to my east - it seems as though the streamer is slowly shifting away south eastwards. Makes you think that if this airflow off the north sea was longer just how much snow there might be! It hasn't taken long for a pretty little layer to build up. Hopefully the sun isn't going to spoil it too much before the refuge of dusk and what should be a hard frost crisps it all up.

Only three hours or so to go lol!

Posted

Good stuff for the people that have had snow. Looking at met office they say low risk for end of next week. It's sunny now and that's all it says. So, I think any snow here will be luck. Nothing significant by any stretch if the imagination. Just think my location is against me, too far inland!

EDIT; posted twice please delete this one mods, thanks.

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

I'm right on the coast and can see big big grey snow clouds heading out to sea!. Maybe more to come later, another line of showers building on the radar for this afternoon.

Posted

Happy new year all! :D

Well that was a rather nice surprise to the kick off the cold spell here! Considering the Met Office and the BBC were'nt going for anything apart from the odd shower here we did very well...pretty much snow shower after snow shower last night from 8pm til 2am seems like a mini streamer set up for a while and we just kept getting hit - with some hefty showers too! As a result still a nice covering on all surfaces probably about (3-4cm) and we are back in the game. Still bitterly cold out there with blue skies. Looks like this week is loaded with potential! :)

Edited by MattS

Posted

EDIT; posted twice please delete this one mods, thanks.

Same here. not really expecting any snowfall over the next week although Im not complaining after the amounts we had before Christmas. In fact I'd prefer if we got none or very little so it's not disruptive around here over the next week!

Posted

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/gfs/precipitations/6h.htm

looking at that the next 2 weeks are looking very interesting for us on the east coast to say the least

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I'm right on the coast and can see big big grey snow clouds heading out to sea!. Maybe more to come later, another line of showers building on the radar for this afternoon.

That's a fantastic pic you just posted back thereclap.gif Hopefully more to come for us during the coming week!cold.gif

Posted

You lucky lot with an inch ... we had a dusting a few hours ago in Ramsgate but there are some clouds beefing up on the horizon ;o)

The temp here is currently +2.2c and slowly dropping away as the day progresses ;o)

It is feeling very bitter out but the sun keeps on shining trying to warm up ...

Posted

Met O latest forecast.

The middle of next week and into next weekend will continue very cold with widespread frosts. The frost will be severe in places and perhaps extreme in some rural spots. Patchy freezing fog is also likely to form, which will be slow to clear and may linger all day in a few parts. Many western and southern parts will be mainly dry with some good sunny spells, although occasional sleet or snow showers are also possible. More frequent and heavier snow showers are likely in the north and east where further significant snowfall is likely. The further outlook will continue cold with further widespread frosts. However, it will probably not be as cold as the previous week, with perhaps fewer wintry showers.

Anyone seen the warnings for Peterborough, Cambs, Norfolk next Tues? Suggesting over 20cm possible locally. :)

Posted

Same here. not really expecting any snowfall over the next week although Im not complaining after the amounts we had before Christmas. In fact I'd prefer if we got none or very little so it's not disruptive around here over the next week!

sorry off topic....

Not only is there no snow but tomorrow's game with Liverpool may be a thrashing! Further misery for us! Lol

Posted

Met O latest forecast.

The middle of next week and into next weekend will continue very cold with widespread frosts. The frost will be severe in places and perhaps extreme in some rural spots. Patchy freezing fog is also likely to form, which will be slow to clear and may linger all day in a few parts. Many western and southern parts will be mainly dry with some good sunny spells, although occasional sleet or snow showers are also possible. More frequent and heavier snow showers are likely in the north and east where further significant snowfall is likely. The further outlook will continue cold with further widespread frosts. However, it will probably not be as cold as the previous week, with perhaps fewer wintry showers.

Anyone seen the warnings for Peterborough, Cambs, Norfolk next Tues? Suggesting over 20cm possible locally. :rofl:

"Perhaps extreme", how many times do we hear that in a MetO forecast :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

nice blue clear sky now here west of norwich...light dusting we did have has now gone where the sun has been....

Posted

Looking at the radar there's a nice rash of showers coming towards the East tip of Kent / Thanet from the North East ... i just hope they beef up and give us all along the far East and South of Kent a real good dumping ;o)