Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

great photos there mate, I love seeing snow covered streets.

Thanks

smile.gif

I must get some pics of Leeds center in the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I love seeing my street full of snow not others when this promised to be an east coast affair.

Posted

Really looking forward to next week now!

After yesterdays dissapointing rain todays been a cracker. frequent moderate snow showers all day. The last couple giving a good covering even to main roads.

We had a nice trip to Whitby over the NYM this morning with some cracking views. Got caught in one of the showers though and had to turn back as it got a bit ropey!

Any more showers tonight?

Meto have us for Light snow showers from Tuesday onwards but heavy inland any thoughts on this?

I'm sure it will change anyway after seeing the Countryfile forecast and reading the model topic.

Temp now 0.0C with dew point of -175.2C!! (Damn weather station broke again!!) :D

Posted

Snowing lightly here :whistling: , seems to be a hotspot at this time of the night!

Posted

Snowing lightly here :drinks: , seems to be a hotspot at this time of the night!

Hey mate.Am i right in saying the ECM looks good for us until +120?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well typically it changes direction again to avoid Grimsby; even the bit over the sea left peeses me off by dodging my location.

Edited by rikki

Posted

Hey mate.Am i right in saying the ECM looks good for us until +120?

ECM Looks good all the way through the run, but on the dry side after +96hrs. Until the exact track of the European storm is known then the models will continue to play the high either slightly further north/south etc. Some fantastic opportunities before then mate, enjoy it from Tues till Fri. :drinks: .

Very light snow falling. Currently -1.7 & -2.5DP.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Now down -2.7C falling at -0.5C an hour. Cold and icy coming up.

Posted

ECM Looks good all the way through the run, but on the dry side after +96hrs. Until the exact track of the European storm is known then the models will continue to play the high either slightly further north/south etc. Some fantastic opportunities before then mate, enjoy it from Tues till Fri. :air_kiss: .

Very light snow falling. Currently -1.7 & -2.5DP.

We've done well so far this winter mate for snow,including a few light snowfalls in the last 3 days.Plenty to look forward to this coming week, and there should also be some ice days :cold::good: fantastic winter so far :)

Posted

very snowy week coming up - viewing the latest countryfile forecast next weekend looks very interesting with that possible mass of snow coming in from the continent. A long way off I know but that certainly needs keeping an eye on as would no doubt be some serious disruption

Posted

Hiya guys, been a lurker on here for a while.

Just thought I'd come forward to say it looks like it's gonna be a good week, plenty of snow in the forecast.

Keep having snow showers on and off in Bridlington, got around 2cm on ground and temperatures dropping in between showers

:cold:

Posted

Just thought I'd come forward to say it looks like it's gonna be a good week, plenty of snow in the forecast.

Keep having snow showers on and off in Bridlington, got around 2cm on ground and temperatures dropping in between showers

:cold:

Hi SC welcome to netweather :) Plenty to look forward to this week,and hopefully we will get a pasting at some point :)

Posted

I am very confused lol, I finally decided to subscribe to the full extra to try to have a better understanding of you guys getting excited about next week. I can see that snow is coming but the precipitation is very light, so will we only get a lot because the snow is prolonged? I have put in post code of LS26 and it does look good for snow but not a lot, or do I need to do a lot more reading?

Any comments greatly appreciated, I promise to always try to work it out first!

Cheers :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

:p

Welcome!

Yep, looking good all week, especially for you guys on the East Coast! makes me want to go down to Skeggy and stay in the caravan for a few weeks :D although, I can imagine what it will be like in there at the moment! :p:cold: :cold: :cold:

It was bad enough in march this year, when me and the missus was walking around in thermals and had a triple quilt :p

Posted

I am very confused lol, I finally decided to subscribe to the full extra to try to have a better understanding of you guys getting excited about next week. I can see that snow is coming but the precipitation is very light, so will we only get a lot because the snow is prolonged? I have put in post code of LS26 and it does look good for snow but not a lot, or do I need to do a lot more reading?

Any comments greatly appreciated, I promise to always try to work it out first!

Cheers :p

Hi there Snow Angel. Try this guide to forecasting snow.

Hope it helps.. :p

Posted

A good example of todays convection showers over the North York Moors from the Howardian Hills:

post-5508-12625521784913_thumb.jpg

The view between Rievaulx and Hawnby:

post-5508-12625523642113_thumb.jpg

Sutton Bank:

gallery_5508_76_139395.jpg

Edited by WS Evolution

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

A good example of todays convection shower over the North York Moors from the Howardian Hills:

Absolutely love that first photo.

My vote goes to that one, for 'best cold spell photo' award. sorry, I don't think there's any prizes though! :(

Posted

Is that it for snow showers this evening? I've checked the radar and the only bit of interest are the showers towards the north east of england, not sure if these wil make it to our area or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Is that it for snow showers this evening? I've checked the radar and the only bit of interest are the showers towards the north east of england, not sure if these wil make it to our area or not.

Yep, that's our lot sad.gif Notice how quiet it is in here. Weird thing is it has been cloudy for a few hours now and this is keeping the temp up. It was colder at tea time than it is now!

Posted

A good example of todays convection showers over the North York Moors from the Howardian Hills:

Sutton Bank:

gallery_5508_76_139395.jpg

Wow. Superb Photography. :clap:

Can't wait to get out with the camera next week!

Posted

18z Rolled out, and i'm rather impressed with it :air_kiss:

Posted this in the model thread, so i'll post it in here too;

After checking out the run, later into FI it goes crazy and everything sinks.

But it's actually a good run..

It's the less "progressive" of the models, i was looking at the higher resolution charts, and the colder 850's stick around much much longer, right until Monday here with -8 to -9 850's still on E/NE flow.

We have to remember this is still some 5-6 days away, and in model terms anything can change whether it be upgrade or downgrade, certainly nailed on up until Friday i would say, after that... well it's guessing games to which scenario we get, it could be a slow break down with the colder air stubborn to push away giving memorable snowfall. Or it could just push aside very quickly and we end back up in a S/SW wind with milder conditions. Judging by the blocking and pattern, i would not be surprised if we end up with a slow re-load.

Lewis