Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Well the 06z op downgrades precipitation in the SE corner considerably between 24-96 hours. I would guess a total snow coverage of around 5cm tops by Saturday based on this run. Little or no precipitation tonight or from tomorrows front. Weds to Fri sees fewer showers penetrating inland due to the greater Northerly wind component.

Cold yes, memorable snow event,no, not by this run.

Will be interesting to see if the MO update their SWW's for the SE in the next hour or so. If they dont then I would say that the downgrading is more than probable.

Met Office SWW for the SE updated and upgraded for tomorrow!!

Outbreaks of sleet and snow will become heavier during Tuesday afternoon and evening, with an increasing risk of disruption to transport networks.

GFS 6z op disgarded :lol: :D

Posted

Do you think it's quite possible/likely that the snow will reach further inland on Wednesday, say to East Herts, TEITS?

i think we are goign to see snow tomorrow ,im sure i will get some and im in Bedfordshire area

Posted

Met O have updated tomorrows warnings. Now suggesting 15-20cm of snow for Cambs, Norfolk, Peterborough.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Whoaaa. FANTASTIC

Looks great for the home counties to. Even London could get a covering

Posted

-6 a couple of hours ago when I got up -2 at the moment .

Praying to God we get no snow tomorrow hopeing he will hear my prayers lol hate the snow

Hate snow?? Rather a strange forum to camp out on?? Bit like going on a Car forum and hating cars! This forum, especially the Winter discussions, do for snow lovers and enthusiasts what Lourdes does for the disabled......it gives us hope. :D

Love winter.......love snow!! :lol:

Lets us try and convert you!!!!

Posted

i think we are goign to see snow tomorrow ,im sure i will get some and im in Bedfordshire area

Yeah, I've no doubt that most places, including the East Midlands, will get some significant snowfall tomorrow.:D My question was really about Wednesday, as it would be great if the snow could spread further inland, thus giving people a bit further west more snowfall.:lol:

Posted

Met Office SWW for the SE updated and upgraded for tomorrow!!

Outbreaks of sleet and snow will become heavier during Tuesday afternoon and evening, with an increasing risk of disruption to transport networks.

GFS 6z op disgarded :lol: :D

Seems the Met O are expecting the front to intensify.

A fantastic outlook for the whole SE/E Anglia region. I rather like the advisorys of E Midlands because this indicates plenty of inland penetration.

Posted

Do you think it's quite possible/likely that the snow will reach further inland on Wednesday, say to East Herts, TEITS?

Matt, for the moment Met Office's immediate attention is to Tuesday, I suspect that for Wednesday they will update to include East Herts also shortly for Wednesday.

Posted

A fantastic outlook for the whole SE/E Anglia region. I rather like the advisorys of E Midlands because this indicates plenty of inland penetration.

Thanks. That is a relief to think even us in East Herts will get something perhaps bordering on significant.:lol:

Posted

Met O have updated tomorrows warnings. Now suggesting 15-20cm of snow for Cambs, Norfolk, Peterborough.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

I could well see that looking at the NAE prediction of what will happen, your in something of the bullseye zone so to speak. Down here I'd like a few cms and hopefully the front won't fizzle out and stall just to my SE as suggested but we shall see...

Anyway GFS has downgraded the easterly, UKMO and the ECM still bring it in but in a much slacker form, however longer term we look like keeping an easterly/.south easterly wind and with always the threat of the jet being strong enough for lows to come up from the SW.

Posted

Goodbye GFS 06z..... I think GFS 12z will backdown from 06z and will head off in the direction of either UKMO or ECM

Posted

You think TEITS.

Reading between the lines I see that as "it's going to be particularly nasty around rush hour in London, so expect chaos with a cm of lying snow?!"

:oops:

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
London & South East England

Heavy Snow Tue 5 Jan There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting east and southeast England.

Issued at: 1124 Mon 4 Jan

Heavy Snow Wed 6 Jan There is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect parts of Scotland and much of eastern England during Wednesday.

Snow showers are likely to be heavy and frequent at times, giving further falls of several cm in many areas.

Issued at: 1129 Mon 4 Jan

Heavy Snow Thu 7 Jan There is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect parts of Scotland and much of eastern England during Thursday.

Snow showers are likely to be heavy and frequent at times giving further falls of several cm in many areas.

Issued at: 1131 Mon 4 Jan

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :oops:

Posted

Thanks. That is a relief to think even us in East Herts will get something perhaps bordering on significant.:oops:

Matt, in fact for your location. They have indeed just updated for Wednesday. So for the moment, you have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday under a "advisory" of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Yes it is. Wednesday and Thursday's warnings are maintained also, though it must be stressed that these are MODERATE and not HIGH risks.

Posted

Now the big question - Friday. Advisory or not?

Thats what Ive been wondering, I think it is more likely that they will than they won't

Posted

The East Midlands is NOT under an Advisory.in fact non of the Mids are.

Either someone from the Met O is taking the P! or he/she hates the Mids.

so how Members south of the mids are going to get precip is beyond me??????

post-9498-12626058152413_thumb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Even though "that" LP is predicted to form further to the south east it seems to track north west while deepening. Anyone guess what accumulations might be for Kent say?

Posted

It must be because they are just about to fill it in with an orange warning :oops::D

Posted

I could well see that looking at the NAE prediction of what will happen, your in something of the bullseye zone so to speak. ...

Certainly hope so.

Personally im hoping to get a few cm from the front. However tomorrow is going to be a nightmare to forecast. The front appears to be slow moving so come tomorrow it cold be nothing more than a band of cloud or 2hrs of heavy snow. This should be arriving in my region around 7-9am.

Certainly hope so.

Personally im hoping to get a few cm from the front. However tomorrow is going to be a nightmare to forecast. The front appears to be slow moving so come tomorrow it cold be nothing more than a band of cloud or 2hrs of heavy snow. This should be arriving in my region around 7-9am.

Could tunbridge wells in Kent get any snow tommorow?

Posted

Just watched the BBC forecast, appears to be another band of snow behind the first one, into Tuesday evening

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

The reason at present is that the forcing/lift around the front is projected (by the GFS at least) to increase south of the midlands, though i'm fairly sure the midlands will still get something out of it

Really puzzling situation

SK

Posted

Yes the E midlands does have an advisory for Wed. This is what I was referring to in my post with regards to the snow showers moving well inland.