Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

In my spot at the junction between the North West, Midlands and Yorkshire Pennines areas, it’s snowing hard and looks like it may do for most of the day, in fact it looks like we have had a fair amount overnight. No doubt the kids will be at home today, as they were yesterday, that’s despite the roads being clear. Given the possible continuation of this cold spell out towards the 2nd half of January and maybe beyond, I wonder how long it will be before we realise we can’t shut schools just because of a bit of the white stuff. Plus we haven’t had our bins collected for a month now, so that won’t be happening, seriously thinking of taking them to the council offices and dumping them there.

Posted

Congratulations mate,

Maybe because i just woke up, but im sure, well pretty sure actually, looking at the models. it seems it pivots and stalls over me a lil later, and then i get lots of showers coming in off the N sea aswell.

Lewis

Thanks, you look in a good position, doncaster certainly does! The ECM is stunning, check that out if you haven't already!

Posted

In Lincoln we have about 1-2cm of lying snow having fallen overnight. Not currently snowing. Temp -1 dewpoint -2.

Posted

Thanks, you look in a good position, doncaster certainly does! The ECM is stunning, check that out if you haven't already!

OH MY!!! What a lovely ECM, if that came off well.... :lazy: tasty

Thanks for telling me otherwise i wouldn't have even checked lol.

Yep Doncaster look in good position, i said last night its one of my favorite areas for the snow. I think Paul Hudson got it more or less spot on, he just forgot to add another clump of showers pushing over and staling over north of and east of our region, aswell as lincs lol.

Lewis

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Ok, so it's been snowing about a hour and 5 mins and........

Just checked and on a wall thats not properly exposed to the North and its about 8cm's there. Got to go on the fields in a bit to do the morning routine, so will see how much we truelly have then. This really isn't letting up here so expect it to get a lot higher in the southern areas.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Light/mod snow in sheffield we were in the dry hole which seems to be filling up now as the front gets stronger. Depending on the movement the we or the south of us could get a fair amount.

Posted

Light/mod snow in sheffield we were in the dry hole which seems to be filling up now as the front gets stronger. Depending on the movement the we or the south of us could get a fair amount.

Looking good, i need it to trend about 5 miles further south :D Either way looking very good :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

It's just started to get really thick up here, and is falling at a fair old rate too.. just in time for the school run

Posted

G Morning,

Yep looking very good for us in the next 4 days lol! Starting now :D

Getting heavier here now mate.

Lewis

morning lewis, hope you get loads of snow up there but dont forget us in sth lincs. lol whats our chances?

Posted

Had heavy snow here since 5:30am! Seems to have dropped a good 6/7cm! still coming down light to moderate :)

I think its building/intensifieng as its pushing ssouth, sou guys in south yorkshire should get 5-10cm out of this

Posted

morning lewis, hope you get loads of snow up there but dont forget us in sth lincs. lol whats our chances?

Morning,

And thanks very much :), it's looking very good down there for you later. Late morning/into the afternoon and ovrnight.

I cannot see you missing out on this!

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Just bought myself a netweather extra radar sub :clap:

So the snow from the west and the snow from the north are now starting to merge together - and it's doing it right above us!! :):)

it's still quite heavy snow, but it has gone a little powdery now

Posted

Had heavy snow here since 5:30am! Seems to have dropped a good 6/7cm! still coming down light to moderate smile.gif

I think its building/intensifieng as its pushing ssouth, sou guys in south yorkshire should get 5-10cm out of this

The band doesn't seem to be making much progress south at all, earlier I thought it would of been gone by now but the radar is showing it pretty much stalled over uswhistling.gif .

Posted

A dusting here. Looks like we have to look to the heavier shower clouds to our North for any decent accumulations.

Posted

The band doesn't seem to be making much progress south at all, earlier I thought it would of been gone by now but the radar is showing it pretty much stalled over uswhistling.gif .

Hehe ye. And the back edge of it stretheches above north yorkshire, would be nice if it just intensified a little 2 <_<

And those showers pushing into the east coast of england now are quite interesting. I wonder if these will attack us later in the form of showers or a longer period of snow drinks.gif

Posted

Some very substantial echo's now being picked up by the radar in a line from the NW coast right across the country to the Hull area, we have already had large falls over night, plenty to come before heading south me thinks.

Posted

Morning,

And thanks very much <_<, it's looking very good down there for you later. Late morning/into the afternoon and ovrnight.

I cannot see you missing out on this!

Lewis

as i sit here things have pepped up slightly. hope your right about later, many thanks. off on the school run now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

It's been Snowing here the last half hour at least.

Small flakes, but moderate intensity.

Temp. -0.7 C

A good covering over everything now.

BL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Its still snowing heavy here and its over the 10cm mark already, and the radar kind of indicates we got a few more hours of it at least yet.

God I do love living rural on the Pennines <_<